You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good spot for a squeeezing my melon man?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Cant believe u get people limp in on these blinds mad surely its shove of fold mode LCROC22Small blind 200.00200.009520.00diggerboyBig blind 400.00600.004260.00 Your hole cardsQ5   PixiekidFold    aujla05Fold    _sst_Call 400.001000.003340.00IDONKCALLUAll-in 2760.003760.000.00LCROC22Fold    diggerboyFold    _sst_Fold    IDONKCALLUMuck    IDONKCALLUWin 1400.00 1400.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Folddddddddddd!
  • edited July 2012
    who are you squeezing ?
    No one in the middle :S
  • edited July 2012
    turned out a good squeeze i won it :) na dohhhh hate people that limp on these blinds its teribad so punish em :)
  • edited July 2012

The hands that he is limping with will be all over your hand if/when you are called, QT/QJ/KQ/22-88/Ax/K-paints etc.

Experience here tells me you're gonna get called ALOT. 

U got the button, so a few more hands to find a better spot than this. 
  • edited July 2012
    TBH I shocked he limp/folded given his stack. I would have expected you to be called here 90% of the time.
    Worked out for you though so well played.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm very rarely, if ever, going to criticise anyone for being aggressive against a player who has shown weakness and who you think is likely to fold, irrespective of our hand strength.

With Q5o, my default would be to just fold here. The exception would be if I was going to be stealing with Q5o anyway if the limper had open folded, and the limper has been limp/folding a lot. My main concern would be someone deciding to limp/call, which I think is more likely as we're quite shallow, and we've now put our tournament life on the line with Q5o. Bleh.

I don't think it's a terrible play if we're going to get folds most of the time from the limper and the blinds, but I'd like reads (especially on the limper) first before deciding to put my life on the line with Q5o here.
  • edited July 2012
    i know its gambling i just hate limpers in like a 10 big blind stack this tilts me sooooooooo bad well i want them to make mistakes coz i just go all in alot of the time 
  • edited July 2012
    this guy has been limping a fair bit playing very marginal hands i see 2 hands of hes get 2 showdown holding k 10 and q 9 so i thought if this guy is limping with those kinda hands i could get him to fold with my junk and pingu it was a rebuy velocity tourney 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Good spot for a squeeezing my melon man?:
    this guy has been limping a fair bit playing very marginal hands i see 2 hands of hes get 2 showdown holding k 10 and q 9 so i thought if this guy is limping with those kinda hands i could get him to fold with my junk and pingu it was a rebuy velocity tourney 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    This doesn't matter. The crucial read to be able to do this happily would be has the villian been limp/calling or limp/folding a lot irrespective of hand strentgh.
  • edited July 2012
    i see he has ne has never limp called people dnt spot hes mistake and sb makes up the extra and bb checks alot was a very passive table 
  • edited July 2012
    i see he has ne has never limp called people dnt spot hes mistake and sb makes up the extra and bb checks alot was a very passive table 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    In that case then the shove is ok.
  • edited July 2012
    This is a bugbear of of mine. A squeeze is a term for a very specific bluff:

There is a raise in front of us and someone has called that raise. We now 3-bet knowing that the initial raiser can be opening with a wide range of hands and the caller would likely have 3-bet themselves if they had a strong hand. The opener is squeezed between the caller and 3-better and needs the top of their range to call that 3-bet, while the caller has usually only called hoping to see a flop in position and can't now call for our large bet. They both fold and we scoop the inflated pot.

Anything else is not a squeeze play and confusing the terminology will only inhibit our ability to understand one-another and therefore inhibit our improvement... and it winds me up. lol

If you had seen this player limp-fold alot before and the blinds were tight players, then fair dues to you. In a vacuum it looks bad but you weren't in a vacuum and it looks like your reads were right.
  • edited July 2012
    This is a bugbear of of mine. A squeeze is a term for a very specific bluff: There is a raise in front of us and someone has called that raise. We now 3-bet knowing that the initial raiser can be opening with a wide range of hands and the caller would likely have 3-bet themselves if they had a strong hand. The opener is squeezed between the caller and 3-better and needs the top of their range to call that 3-bet, while the caller has usually only called hoping to see a flop in position and can't now call for our large bet. They both fold and we scoop the inflated pot. Anything else is not a squeeze play and confusing the terminology will only inhibit our ability to understand one-another and therefore inhibit our improvement... and it winds me up. lol If you had seen this player limp-fold alot before and the blinds were tight players, then fair dues to you. In a vacuum it looks bad but you weren't in a vacuum and it looks like your reads were right.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    +1

That Poker School episode on squeezing where they showed about a million limpers being punished and nobody actually squeezing tilted me so bad. :')
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah first off this isn't a squeeze play at all, as thats only a raise, call and then you shove to squeeze the player in middle, as you know he can't call your shove because he would have raised if he had a hand good enough. Secondly no I don't think its a good spot to shove either as your stack size doesn't really have much fold equity at all. Its a prety rubbish frold from the limper, as he is pretty much priced in with any two to call at this point. But then as he limped I'm not to suprised he then weakly folds as well. :)
  • edited July 2012
    addicted to stop and go and squeezes..... :p

Just play it straight up for a month, observe results.