You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Poker League

Just wondered why sky have stopped the poker league?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi Bex1988,

The fundamental format of the poker league has not changed in 3+ years, it has become a fairly stale promotion, particularly now that Team Sky Poker qualification is no longer available through the poker league. 

It has also always caused confusion for customers between league points and poker points (used for cash for points). We’ve therefore decided to end the poker league in its current monthly format – we’ll review it and may bring back a new revamped league in the future.

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    so what now is the point in earning leauge points
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker League:
    Hi Bex1988, The fundamental format of the poker league has not changed in 3+ years, it has become a fairly stale promotion, particularly now that Team Sky Poker qualification is no longer available through the poker league.  It has also always caused confusion for customers between league points and poker points (used for cash for points). We’ve therefore decided to end the poker league in its current monthly format – we’ll review it and may bring back a new revamped league in the future. Thanks, Sam.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    That just sounds like a cop out, The poker league was going b4 the TSP play off, there was cash prizes given for top 10, on DYMs there was only points awarded for 1st and 2nd, When SKY wanted to make TEAM SKY bigger the cash was taken away and instead there was 3 play offs ( 1 for each league ) winner of each getting a place on the team,  when the league was taken away we where told it was gonna be replaced with something else, up to now i dont think it has. PLUS to say it was confusing, how? there was 2 sets of points awarded one for league and one for C4Ps, when someone didnt know,one of the regs would tell them, then we would find the confusing part to them was the entering of the POINTS or MONTH to be put in promo box to get C4Ps. So come on sky, where's the league gone, or where's the new thing that you had in mind to replace it? or was the league taken away to early and you didnt have something to reward all 3 groups of poker, if thats the case, why didnt SKY just go back to the old league and give cash rewards
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i think taking the league away has hit sky hard a lot of the grinders in sitand gos gone and dont play, now sky only thinks about the big players and sod the rest u say its was stale in what way it was a good working format and whoever decided to take it away should be sacked coz they aint got a clue all other sites have a league and its a way of getting players to play nice work sky
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i think taking the league away has hit sky hard a lot of the grinders in sitand gos gone and dont play, now sky only thinks about the big players and sod the rest u say its was stale in what way it was a good working format and whoever decided to take it away should be sacked coz they aint got a clue all other sites have a league and its a way of getting players to play nice work sky
    Posted by CHILLIE
    I used to grind sngs but since the league has been taken away dont bother with them no more and now play more mtts to get cash that way, dyms was good for league points but as the league has now been taken away from us i dont see the point in them.  I think sky has always done more 4 cash players than dym players as they have always had alot more rewards as in points, tv time etc to name a few all that dym players had as a incentive to play was the league, i think sky have made a big mistake taking it away and will lose alot of regular players as a result, bad move!!!.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker League : I used to grind sngs but since the league has been taken away dont bother with them no more and now play more mtts to get cash that way, dyms was good for league points but as the league has now been taken away from us i dont see the point in them.  I think sky has always done more 4 cash players than dym players as they have always had alot more rewards as in points, tv time etc to name a few all that dym players had as a incentive to play was the league, i think sky have made a big mistake taking it away and will lose alot of regular players as a result, bad move!!!.
    Posted by Summerjade
    +1
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think ive joined the wrong poker site
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker League : That just sounds like a cop out, The poker league was going b4 the TSP play off, there was cash prizes given for top 10, on DYMs there was only points awarded for 1st and 2nd, When SKY wanted to make TEAM SKY bigger the cash was taken away and instead there was 3 play offs ( 1 for each league ) winner of each getting a place on the team,  when the league was taken away we where told it was gonna be replaced with something else, up to now i dont think it has. PLUS to say it was confusing, how? there was 2 sets of points awarded one for league and one for C4Ps, when someone didnt know,one of the regs would tell them, then we would find the confusing part to them was the entering of the POINTS or MONTH to be put in promo box to get C4Ps. So come on sky, where's the league gone, or where's the new thing that you had in mind to replace it? or was the league taken away to early and you didnt have something to reward all 3 groups of poker, if thats the case, why didnt SKY just go back to the old league and give cash rewards
    Posted by 18AND5TIME
    when it was removed sky immeadiatly said it would be replaced with somthing bigger and better very soon!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    how do i enter this months new player freeroll tournament, please help !