You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just purely annoying.

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
Hi Guys, I rarely post hands here, but I felt this one a cracker.

I called this on the cash bubble of a DYM expecting both others to back me up. 3 heads are better than one so to speak.

After the hand completed I asked why no other support. One guy typed in that he had 2 7 and didnt want the shortie to treble up!!!!

What to 60!

We all had over 3000 chips at this point. (apart from the micro)

It just seems to me that all to often people will call when they should be folding and then when an insta call is without doubt right, they will happily fold.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sbSmall blind  150.00 150.00  
bbBig blind  15.00 165.00 0.00
  Your hole cards

Hale72 Call  300.00 465.00 5255.00
utg +1Fold     
sbFold     
Hale72 Unmatched bet  150.00 315.00 5405.00
bbShow
  • A

Hale72 Show

Flop

• J
  • K

Turn

• K

River

• A

bbWin Two Pairs, Aces and Kings 45.00  45.00
Hale72 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 9s 270.00  5675.00

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Some people just dont understand how to play dym tournys.  Can and does get very frustrating im assuming he didnt go on to double up tho?
  • edited November 2009
    can sympathise with you in that situation Hale, Ive had the same thing happen to me, altho the excuse I was given was I didnt have the pot odds to call, his reasoning being that becuase the BB wasnt able to post the full amount he didnt want to make up. I have to admit I did type "shakes head in disbelief"

Even  more annoying was when I came along in the SB in a similar situation and on the flop the guy on the button went all in. I  had a pocketr pair and the flop was scarey so I got out the way, he turned on 8 3 may have been suited,and the short stack won. When I asked why he said he was trying to bluff me off the pot, so that I didnt bet later on.

Again I shook my head in disbelief, and told him that if he hadnt made the bet, the short stack would have lost (my pocket pair wouldve held up) and we'd all be in the money now. Justice was served tho as the guy actually ended up bubbling himself

However with play like this all I can do is put it down to inexperience and that these players are only playing there cards and not situations and just hope that one day they will learn

Aski :)
  • edited November 2009

The guy did go out next hand. So no damage done.

Another gripe of mine is yes, betting the bubble when a shortie is all in with air. You can't earn another penny!

Happened too many times to worry about it anymore.

I actually started a thread some weeks ago about DYM bubble betting with air, some days later it happpened to me again.

The person that bet that time. None other than the 'silver fox' of sky poker!!!