You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6 big blinds, blind on blind....fold or shove?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
there was a slight debate on this hand from our TPT game earlier.

it's blind on blind and i'm the shorty.....am i ahead enough here to 3 bet shove? or do i just let it go?

my thoughts are that i know i have an awful ace but could it be a standard steal often enough for me to shove and be ahead  What should i do?
j3ono Small blind  600.00 600.00 11732.50
waller02 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 6325.04
 Your hole cards
  • A

1onetime1 Fold     
DivsDreams Fold     
POKERTREV Fold     
j3ono Raise  1800.00 3600.00 9932.50
waller02 ???

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In a TPT game you can probably fold this
  • edited July 2012
    lol thats what everyone else said...I was trying to defend myself, though i was fighting a losing battle!

it was divs who said the shove was poor and he is one of THE best mtt players on here...I was hoping someone else would say they would shove too!!
  • edited July 2012
    blind v blind i would shove altho j3ono is never folding as pot commited but u could easily be up against kany k x or q x here
  • edited July 2012
    I think the small blind would just open shove on you if he was trying to steal. His raise looks like he wants action and like IDCU said, you have no fold equity if you choose to shove over the top.
    If this was the other way round and you were in the SB its an auto shove, however I think you can fold here.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 big blinds, blind on blind....fold or shove?:
    I think the small blind would just open shove on you if he was trying to steal. His raise looks like he wants action and like IDCU said, you have no fold equity if you choose to shove over the top. If this was the other way round and you were in the SB its an auto shove, however I think you can fold here.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    ^ This.
  • edited July 2012
    Looks like he is inducing a shove tbh.

Still hard to pass up @ 5handed table bonb.

Only factors for me would be oppos tendancies and what advantage we think we might have positionally at table vs blinds.  If they arent really interested in defending and wont call light I'd perhaps prefer to just ship every unopened spot till i double or go busto.
  • edited July 2012
    personally i would shove here, to me it looks like a complete steal, if he had shoved i would of folded, it looks to be like he can see how low stacked u r and he is trying 2 force u off, 
    if he shoves then he knows hes got a good chance.

personal oponion though
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 6 big blinds, blind on blind....fold or shove?:
    personally i would shove here, to me it looks like a complete steal, if he had shoved i would of folded, it looks to be like he can see how low stacked u r and he is trying 2 force u off,  if he shoves then he knows hes got a good chance. personal oponion though
    Posted by Gudge92
    Really? If he shoved I would be more inclined to make the call, however I think oppo has let us of the hook by telling us his hand strength.
  • edited July 2012
    I would shove here, and if he shoved I would also call lol