You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5.50 velocity top 3 pay 4 left is this a bad fold?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
When guy raises so much preflop to 6 k im putting him on 10s js well middle pair and i dnt want  to flip for a cashbillybob12Small blind 600.00600.006765.00IDONKCALLUBig blind 1200.001800.0013840.00 Your hole cardsQA   SPEAKSRaise 6000.007800.0015445.00beerwolfFold    billybob12Fold    IDONKCALLUFold    SPEAKSMuck    SPEAKSWin 3000.00 18445.00SPEAKSReturn 4800.000.0023245.00  

Comments

• edited July 2012
    That raise would have me a little concerned but AQ is simply to strong to fold here.
  • edited July 2012
    It's tough because it's such a big raise and he's put 1/3 of his stack in so you probably have virtually zero FE, can't see him doing that with a weaker Ax, KQ or anything you're ahead of, and he's never folding so you will be flipping with him (at best), with him as the favourite for your tourney life, when you aint voluntarily put a single chip in the pot yet.

I think you should fold here.
  • edited July 2012
    I'd be interested to know what beerwolf's stack was as it would affect the range I'd expect from the raiser.

As it is, I disagree a little with you and Lambert. I'd be thinking that if he had AA, KK or QQ he'd want to make a smaller raise to induce the short stacked players to shove or at least play a flop. Here it just looks like he's making a bet big enough to convince you that you have no fold equity and, four-handed, I'd think this could easily be AK, AQ, AJ, AT, JJ and lower pocket pairs, maybe even KQ or KJ.

He's looking to not have any tough decisions on the flop, I think, and against three random hands, all of which are short-stacked (I'm assuming), he could definitely be doing this with that fairly wide range. I'd shove here. You might be a big favourite or could be flipping and you're unlucky if you're behind. You're never getting any folds but I think it's +ev to get it in against his range.
  • edited July 2012
    beer wolf had 11k 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £5.50 velocity top 3 pay 4 left is this a bad fold?:
    beer wolf had 11k 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    In that case, I'd go with the shove for the reasons I detailed.
  • edited July 2012
    raise looks weak but hey ho get em in - saying that if oppo is bad (have you no reads :s) then it could easily be a premium
    gonna turn over A10/AJ mid pairs or premium - u decide )
    may fold as billy is short
  • edited July 2012
    Are we playing to win this tournament?  GII......
  • edited July 2012
    yeah coz i did win the tourney :) 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: £5.50 velocity top 3 pay 4 left is this a bad fold?:

depends on his image of you !

think this is actually a good spot to shove
    i get it in here

would expect a fold % of time if called expecting to see all weaker aces or small pair

may all your flips be sunny side up