You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do here?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
OK so this person is pretty loose. I have played them a lot in the past, sometimes they can look like a genious but TBH most of the time I would say they are spewy. They don't like to fold and will often float the flop to try take on the turn or river...

Their flat call to my 4bet as left me with a problem. The pot is more than their stack, if I put any type of bet out then I'm commited to call their shove, and checking back can't be a great plan when I've done all the aggressive action...

What would you do? And should I have just shipped it pre?..
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
samgriffin Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £48.78
xx Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £21.95
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

VINEY73 Fold     
FlashFlush Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £34.89
samgriffin Call  £0.75 £2.10 £48.03
xx Raise  £3.00 £5.10 £18.95
FlashFlush Raise  £7.80 £12.90 £27.09
samgriffin Fold     
xx Call  £5.40 £18.30 £13.55
Flop

• J
  • Q

xx Check

Comments

• edited July 2012
    What a terrible spot, probably the worst flop for you mostly hits their 4 bet calling range JJ QQ AQ and they hardly have any money back. Maybe just bite the bullet and check back hoping for a miracle 10. I probably get abit tilted they just called the 4 bet with their stack and shove all in.
  • edited July 2012
    tricky spot this but oppo could have 8s 9s 10s maybe so i would just bet enuff so it looks like u cant fold to a shove yeah this is in oppo 3 bet range could have checked a set chance u take i spose but could have under pair here and ya do have outs think id set him in
  • edited July 2012
    Its so ugly lol.  You cant really opt to take a free card as he will simply fire turn. 

His flat of 4bet pre then checking flop given the huge bloated pot gives us a big clue to the strength of his hand.

Personally I may have flatted pre, or made it £11+ oop

But as played, and oppo only having 65% of pot, I may just ship and hope hes spewed A10 etc.. (but its unlikely)

I assume your 4bet pre was to induce a shove or fold?

Myeh we have reasonable equity w a supposed 2 overs n gutshot...  Yeah think I def flat or make it £11+ pre.  Most likely £11+ tho.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What would you do here?:
    Its so ugly lol.  You cant really opt to take a free card as he will simply fire turn.  His flat of 4bet pre then checking flop given the huge bloated pot gives us a big clue to the strength of his hand. Personally I may have flatted pre, or made it £11+ oop But as played, and oppo only having 65% of pot, I may just ship and hope hes spewed A10 etc.. (but its unlikely) I assume your 4bet pre was to induce a shove or fold? Myeh we have reasonable equity w a supposed 2 overs n gutshot...  Yeah think I def flat or make it £11+ pre.  Most likely £11+ tho.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeh, trying to get it in which is why I wonder if I just 4bet jammed originally would be better.
  • edited July 2012
    think 4 bet pre bigger say £11

meh on flop, just pretend it went all in pre and shut your eyes and shove )
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What would you do here?:
    In Response to Re: What would you do here? : Yeh, trying to get it in which is why I wonder if I just 4bet jammed originally would be better.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Prefer £11+ rather than overshove.  As he is then forced to ship (mostly) or if he still spew flats we just have no decision on flop.

He may well have you though, but thats beside the point :p
  • edited July 2012
    if this guy is pretty loose im happy to play his wide 3-bet range in position with AK esp vs his stack, 4-bet size should be bigger though, 4-bet-get-it-in is prob standard here with SB still in..

Flop is not that bad as some seem to suggest, you are likely to have 10 winning outs, worst situation here is that he could have AJ,AQ but you also add 1010, 99, kq, kj, Ak, a10 but everything bar 1010, aq+ would suggest quite a loose player, or that there is some dynamic going on.

Pre flop has caused problems for you post flop, you should have considered his stack before the 4-bet(e.g making it bigger to like £10 just makes flop play much easier if he calls), so as played you can put him all in, or you can check and fold turn if it blanks on you.

Tbh there is nothing wrong with either of those options, just don't call a brick turn if he jams.

• edited July 2012
    Think I would not have made my 4bet less than £9 ever here vs his stack size. So somewhere in the £9-£11 would be fine here, and don't see a need to jam it preflop, though as shown by the flop you do really want to see all five cards with AK.

As played I think there is no point Cbetting the flop, as that flop could well be all over his range and I'd say a very high chance you get called or shoved on. So check back the flop and see if you get a diamond, ten, king or even ace on turn. You've got ways to improve, so I'd say take the free card, and fold to a shove if you fail to improve. Might seem weak, but this could easy be all over his range and right now you are ace high.
  • edited July 2012
    personally with that i would of shoved pre flop, 
    i read a few comments and AK is premium when it hits and u didnt so it was wasted money. with how aggressive u both was i wouldnt of risked seeing a flop, if he had pocket pairs then u was racing,