You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Very situational spot, in a pure vacuum: Best line for value :

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
We are in best seat after UTG lead.. I'd see how many ppl flat the £10.. if it's like UTG and 2 other callers, then i'd make a small raise to £30 and jam turn. unless its a spade i'd check fold.

If it folds round or only gets called in 1 spot (never happening) i'd just call to crai turn.

Comments

• edited July 2012
    As above purely situational spot.  Last nights session.  Just awful.  NL100 9 handed.  Table very lively, plenty of straddles and money flying around.  Cant get any traction at all.  Bluffs reps are totally -EV, cant see a flop at a price reasonable enough to make it worthwile to pick up draws or play post, playing very hand dependantly.  5hr session, reloaded 3 times, 4 is usually my limit, as ability to play anywhere near rational poker will be gone.

Lost 1st BI when some guy called my 4bet shove with Q's w A4.
    second when guy limping into everypot outdrew my K's on turn and I was a non believer. (A7)
    3rd by calling a huge squeeze shove w 9's and oppo getting there on river..... (A6) sigh. 

Am by far tightest player remaining (now 6 handed)  Have about £110 and am the shallowest stack.  Counting down last orbit.

Very Last hand.  Laggy UTG makes it £5, all seats call, I call from BB with 6s7s.

£30 in pot 5h8c4s (ty poker gods).  SB checks  I check in BB UTG opener makes it £10.  All seats call, comes back to myself in BB.

£80 in pot.  All oppos sat quite deep: this is obv a gift to get even on the night.  What lines do we like?

Remembering in a pure vacuum and obv a very situational spot.  All our showdown hands having been pretty huge and table knowing we have been playing pretty snug......but obv final hand remuddies water.  Oppos are bad but given image c/ring 5 people.....................

All opps are deep & very laggy
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Very situational spot, in a pure vacuum: Best line for value ::
    We are in best seat after UTG lead.. I'd see how many ppl flat the £10.. if it's like UTG and 2 other callers, then i'd make a small raise to £30 and jam turn. unless its a spade i'd check fold. If it folds round or only gets called in 1 spot (never happening) i'd just call to crai turn.
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    May want to re read post or perhaps I need to clarify?

Its a rainbow flop.  PF UTG opener leads flop, all seats call.  Am last to act on flop
  • edited July 2012
    call, why would we c/r on rainbow flop with blockers

easy get stack in on turn + river

• edited July 2012
    Yeah, as Rancid said, definitely checking flop, there are just so few scary turn cards so let them all put another round of bets/calls in on the turn before it comes to you and then you can pull out the c/r and by that point the pot will be so big your only option for a raise will be all-in.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah agree.  Nothing to fear on flop and being deceptive obv outweighs trying to extract value from some weak hands and redundant draws.

So we flat flop:  £90 in pot 5h8c4s  3c  Just the perfect card in alot of ways.

6 players involved, we check behind flop in BB.  UTG Opener makes a strange bet of £20: again all seats call round.  Bloating pot to £190, ourselves having £90 back (£70 if we flat, being one third pot).

What do we like? :p

Have to apologise, didnt really set out to be a brag post but blatantly is:  was nice to breakeven+ after very frustrating session - especially so on agreed final hand).

• edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    yeh clear allin and hope u hold

i.e. no broad pairing

• edited July 2012
    I like leading flop, once you check flatting ok, I'd be tempted to make it something like 22 though, doubt they fold and you can easily get value jamming turn

Turn check jam is good
  • edited July 2012
    tbh think there was a lot of lines to be used here, hard to say which I like best.  Its not often we get to the turn in a 6 way bloated pot holding the SCN, Knowing that if river comes a brick we still hold the SCN vs oppo's that stack light in most spots, let alone in this spot.

Obv a set, will not be folded if we c/r turn, but given spot I think only hand we really need to fear is a likely 2club hand or 2pr hand. (Although odds of oppo improving are relatively equal with all those ranges of hands.)

If we can fade trouble on river think we can stack multiway, rather than just get value from maybe one/two oppo's on turn when we crai.  Also fear of getting isolated vs one opponent if reshoved on by all the hands we crush.  But equity aside, we kind of turn our hand face up when we crai vs 5 oppos, forcing alot of spewy hands to muck.

We are down 3BI's and if can fade hands of maybe 20% equity we will hold the SCN on river in a bloated 6handed pot vs players that stack light, only holding a 1/3pot bullet........  Hmmmmmmm

(Obv gritting our teeth and being prepared to not hate ourself too much if one of those hands with equity do get there on river.)