You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can anyone compare to my bad beat streak?

Hey there, i recently won two tourniments which i was very proud of and took my bankroll from £50 to £140.
For a while i was gaininng slowly and managed to get to £200 from the 1st to the 6th, which is when things went horrendously bad.
I lost the majority of dym's and every cash game hand i played, this wouldnt be a problem if i was playing poor hands.
But i was losing flopped sets to somone going all in on 5-6 unsuited to then draw on the turn and river to get a flush, another one which happened recently was flopping quad aces with a 2 in the flop, again the turn and river came and the person shows a straight flush.
It continues with about the last 200 hands ive played where ive been tremendously ahead and lost purely to the river.
Does anyone share in my bankruptcy story and any tips on how to avoid such tremendous bad beats because it just somes much much more than a coinsidence losing so many made hands which i force players onto a decision...
One things for sure im never playing with my own money at sky poker again :/

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Can anyone compare to my bad beat streak?:
    Hey there, i recently won two tourniments which i was very proud of and took my bankroll from £50 to £140. For a while i was gaininng slowly and managed to get to £200 from the 1st to the 6th, which is when things went horrendously bad. I lost the majority of dym's and every cash game hand i played, this wouldnt be a problem if i was playing poor hands. But i was losing flopped sets to somone going all in on 5-6 unsuited to then draw on the turn and river to get a flush, another one which happened recently was flopping quad aces with a 2 in the flop, again the turn and river came and the person shows a straight flush. It continues with about the last 200 hands ive played where ive been tremendously ahead and lost purely to the river. Does anyone share in my bankruptcy story and any tips on how to avoid such tremendous bad beats because it just somes much much more than a coinsidence losing so many made hands which i force players onto a decision... One things for sure im never playing with my own money at sky poker again :/
    Posted by JuniorJB
    Whos money you playing with aswell??? If you got quad aces all in on the flop against 34 its just unlucky and you should be happy with your play! You should post some hands maybe other players insight will help! Have you moved up to like nl50 or 100 or something as you have done your roll in 2 days?
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    hi junior,
    bad beats are all part of the game,just got 2 take it when u get ,em & they can go on for days even weeks/months.
    try mixing up what games u play while it is happening also drop down levels as this helps reduce losses.
    just got 2b patient & eventually things should turn around again.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited July 2012
    If anyone can show me a PS hand converter I can show you four beauties @ nl100 400bbs ndeep with mid set vs tpwk on non str/flshing board where theyve hit runner runner to back into a str8. (from last night)

variance ftw
  • edited July 2012
    Hey there, i recently won two tourniments which i was very proud of and took my bankroll from £50 to £140. For a while i was gaininng slowly and managed to get to £200 from the 1st to the 6th, which is when things went horrendously bad. I lost the majority of dym's and every cash game hand i played, this wouldnt be a problem if i was playing poor hands. But i was losing flopped sets to somone going all in on 5-6 unsuited to then draw on the turn and river to get a flush, another one which happened recently was flopping quad aces with a 2 in the flop, again the turn and river came and the person shows a straight flush. It continues with about the last 200 hands ive played where ive been tremendously ahead and lost purely to the river. Does anyone share in my bankruptcy story and any tips on how to avoid such tremendous bad beats because it just somes much much more than a coinsidence losing so many made hands which i force players onto a decision... One things for sure im never playing with my own money at sky poker again :/
    Posted by JuniorJB
    Its simple........... Run better!
  • edited July 2012
    The money was made from tourniments, coming first place in a few.
    It's just crazy how much its happening, i understand theres chances of it happening and you just shake it off an keep playing as you were.
    But when your beat with hands like quads and nuts flush, to then be rivered on somones donk bets.. they go all in on a complete bluff so rather than fold in fear of receiving a bad beat i call knowing im well ahead an then they recieve the 2 exact and only cards they need to beat me...
  • edited July 2012
    u say that u got unlucky on river, did u not think that it was time to take a break, possibly withdraw a little bit of the money so you can at least say i won two tornuments and this is what i have to show at the end of the day. like everybody else will say bad beats is what poker is. but u decided to gamble the rest of it rather then withdraw. after a few bad beats u should of spotted that u was falling.
    Just my own advise, every1 is different

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Can anyone compare to my bad beat streak?:
    u say that u got unlucky on river, did u not think that it was time to take a break, possibly withdraw a little bit of the money so you can at least say i won two tornuments and this is what i have to show at the end of the day. like everybody else will say bad beats is what poker is. but u decided to gamble the rest of it rather then withdraw. after a few bad beats u should of spotted that u was falling. Just my own advise, every1 is different
    Posted by Gudge92
    I dont really play for the money side of it, i like the fun of been ahead and using my ability to play which is why its annoyed me with the bad beats.. I only mentioned how much to show the severity of the bad beats.
    Regardless theres nothing in my play which i did wrong (Ive gone over every hand and got alot of advise on them) besides playing against lucky donks :)
  • edited July 2012
    hi again Junior,
    i once lost 7 all-ins pre flop with either aa kk or qq @ nl10 & lost £70 in 1 session
    that bad enough 4u.  lol
    dev
    ps,
    now playing dym,s   lol
  • edited July 2012

Ive just decided to stop playing on sky poker, there is definately something wrong..
    On no other site has there been so many complaints about bad beats (Not even come close to it), its as if there trying to set it up for more entertaining poker hands

• edited July 2012
    have you claimed your bad beat jackpot?
  • edited July 2012
    I can assure you beats happen on all sites. I have played on atleast 7 different sites and suffered and seen terrible beats on all and i have also seen many bad beats playing and watching live poker.
    The reason why the beats seem so many and often online is because you see many more hands against so many more average/ bad players.
    Alot of online players are recreational players who just want to play poker and have a little gamble, these players will play any 2 cards and call your bets/raises regardeless of odds as they simply do not understand the game or just want a gamble or do not care if they lose as they can start another game within mins.
    I have been on a terrible run for months now and have realised i have a decision to make, i either except the fact that i am on the wrong side of varience or i take a break or quit playing.
    I have decided to drop down stakes and go back to abc poker and try and plug the leaks that i know are there in my own game.
    After all that rambling i am trying to say that beats are always going to happen online, live, or where ever you can sit ure backside down with a pack of cards so you either except it as a big part of the game or maybe poker is not for you.
    Hope it turns around for you and me.
  • edited July 2012
    well not like you deserve to run bad is it? only won like 2/3 tourneys?

youve used your run good in tourneys and now ur complainin, ya never come fromm behind to river 2 pair or whatever in those tourneys...swing and round about sir, just play along
  • edited July 2012
    have you claimed your bad beat jackpot?
    Posted by maccol
    bad beat jackpot?
  • edited July 2012
     argoSmall blind£0.15£0.15£30.10matty69821Big blind£0.30£0.45£87.92 Your hole cards
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">10
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">10
       jd44Foldollie2007Call£0.30£0.75£31.52ourkesRaise£1.20£1.95£69.83https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="dealer">aakkqqCall£1.20£3.15£7.20argoCall£1.05£4.20£29.05matty69821Foldollie2007Call£0.90£5.10£30.62Flop  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">10
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">3
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">3
       argoCheckollie2007CheckourkesBet£3.00£8.10£66.83aakkqqFoldargoCall£3.00£11.10£26.05ollie2007FoldTurn  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">J
       argoCheckourkesCheckRiver  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">6
       argoBet£11.10£22.20£14.95ourkesRaise£22.20£44.40£44.63argoCall£11.10£55.50£3.85ourkesShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">J
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">J
    argoMuck
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="club">10
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">10
    ourkesWinFull House, Jacks and 3s£53.70£98.33 

F off sky
  • edited July 2012
    Ive just decided to stop playing on sky poker, there is definately something wrong.. On no other site has there been so many complaints about bad beats (Not even come close to it), its as if there trying to set it up for more entertaining poker hands
    Posted by JuniorJB
    i know many will jump on my back but i totally agree i know bad beats happen but it seems too much of a coincidence when u win and build stack up one night you always get done by runner runners or set over set the following session. i truely beleive it is fixed on here. some of the calls people make to your shoves no human would do !!!!
  • edited July 2012
    simple answer y play cash if u was doing well in mtts i dnt play cash hardly anymore now as i have alot more sucess in mtts and yeah when u have a bad beat and lost lil bit of money y not withdraw some atleast u have something to show for it 
  • edited July 2012
    Posted by JuniorJB
    pitty you wernt playing on ladbrookes,nxt person to have there quads cracked and you scoop a jackpot of over £150,0000
  • edited July 2012

Whilst on holiday with my wife I tried to teach her the game of poker and started by dealing the cards face up and asking her to pick which 2 cards she thought was the best. I then proceeded to deal the flop,turn and river to explain how hands pan out and it really opened my eyes to often see that the worst hand ended up being the best. This made explaining poker that much more difficult to my wife lol.
    It only needs a few gamblers/poorer players/fun players etc to play these hands and its easy to see why they win every now and again making bad beats seem that much worse. Multiply that by the many more hands you play online and hey presto theres your answer. 
    So, for those doubters, try it and see what happens Let me know if you get different results to mine. Oh and by the way Im a losing player on Sky !!!

• edited July 2012

Perhaps you should learn some humility and manners. Sitting at the table and telling everyone you are the best player there and then slagging people off and calling them donks wont do you any favours m8.
  • edited July 2012
      Perhaps you should learn some humility and manners. Sitting at the table and telling everyone you are the best player there and then slagging people off and calling them donks wont do you any favours m8.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    well said. i think the player sounds v young and dosent want to learn from it . blaming players, sites, cards, bed luck  etc
  • edited July 2012
    hi fella.
    there are some great players on this site . show them a few hand and listen to their advise. i like amybr s replies. good luck .
  • edited July 2012
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Playing a dym with you was 'interesting'
    One comment in particular i remember you making to one of the players was ' i hope you die'
    Offended all the players on table. Your justification was something like 'i like to trash talk it gets people to bet into me'
    Maybe trying to calm down a bit and gaining some table etiquitte should be what you should be concentrating on most right now rather than grumbling about bad beats.
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    aww ouch
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN

what we should do is have 6 players that are getting all the worst luck ever with bad beats to play a 6 player tourney for say £10. .... at least the winner and 2nd will have won something when elsewhere they would have lost to bad beats 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Can anyone compare to my bad beat streak? : what we should do is have 6 players that are getting all the worst luck ever with bad beats to play a 6 player tourney for say £10. .... at least the winner and 2nd will have won something when elsewhere they would have lost to bad beats 
    Posted by Madaxeman7
    or just mock people relentlessly who moan about being unlucky?
  • edited July 2012
    If you think sky poker is bad then try pokerstars, my luck on pokerstars is disgusting, self banned myself for 180 days.