You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you make of this play?

Villain is a solid multitable reg who Ive never really seen get out of line.  I think he plays every day all day near enough.  Was this shove for value?
v
Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £31.38
nagrom Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £27.36
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

kernowboy Fold        
OMahonyO Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £20.45
Slammo Call   £0.80 £1.90 £16.75
Jawz27 Call   £0.80 £2.70 £7.73
v
Call   £0.70 £3.40 £30.68
nagrom Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • A

v
Check        
OMahonyO Bet   £2.55 £5.95 £17.90
Slammo Fold        
Jawz27 Fold        
v
All-in   £30.68 £36.63 £0.00

Comments

• edited November 2009

uve hit the highest card with high kicker and there possible st8 out there, would b easier 2 give more imformed answer If I knew the player u were playing against (u kno if hes muppet chancer or good player)
    he may have hit 2 pair or trips (if hes holding pockets) and theres  possible st8 or flush out there (and it all depends on next 2 cards) but if hes gone allin on the chance of a flush/st8 and he gets hes a very lucky muppet.

Id say hes trying 2 bully but im **** at judging ppl sometimes.
  • edited November 2009
    Very difficult one mate. You say he is a solid player, never goes cray, so is he going to check raise you all in with only top pair or 2nd pair? There is a case for both moves here, either respect his image and his check/raise and fold or believe in your hand and hope he hasnt hit the set. No way he is doing that with a straight draw as it would be a gutshot/closed ended str8 draw (or flush as fallen thinks when its a rainbow flop??).
    Couldn't give a definate answer here I think I would change my mind day to day, if you hadn't said he was a reg solid player I would be snap calling.
  • edited November 2009
    `if you hadn't said he was a reg solid player I would be snap calling.`

FWIW, I`m snap calling here against 95% of other villains I encounter here
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this play?:
    Very difficult one mate. You say he is a solid player, never goes cray, so is he going to check raise you all in with only top pair or 2nd pair? There is a case for both moves here, either respect his image and his check/raise and fold or believe in your hand and hope he hasnt hit the set. No way he is doing that with a straight draw as it would be a gutshot/closed ended str8 draw (or flush as fallen thinks when its a rainbow flop??). Couldn't give a definate answer here I think I would change my mind day to day, if you hadn't said he was a reg solid player I would be snap calling.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    oi u cheeky mare flush!!! a club a diamond and a spade came down on flop, what happens if he was holding 2 clubs or 2 diamonds or 2 spades and then 2 came down on turn and river then he have 5 of the same suit.....isnt that a flush or is my blondness growing?

IT HAPPENS!!!!!!!

NOW IM OFFENDED
  • edited November 2009

Since you play regulary, he knows you know him as a solid player who rarely bluffs could he be using this against you?

I really dont think I could fold this hand.

Did you fold?

• edited November 2009
    Since you play regulary, he knows you know him as a solid player who rarely bluffs could he be using this against you? I really dont think I could fold this hand. Did you fold?
    Posted by 35suited

Yes, I folded.  He did not show.
  • edited November 2009
    uve hit the highest card with high kicker and there possible st8 out there, would b easier 2 give more imformed answer If I knew the player u were playing against (u kno if hes muppet chancer or good player) he may have hit 2 pair or trips (if hes holding pockets) and theres  possible st8 or flush out there (and it all depends on next 2 cards) but if hes gone allin on the chance of a flush/st8 and he gets hes a very lucky muppet. Id say hes trying 2 bully but im **** at judging ppl sometimes.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I wasnt putting him on the straight OR the flush btw  ;-)
  • edited November 2009

"No way he is doing that with a straight draw as it would be a gutshot/closed ended str8 draw (or flush as fallen thinks when its a rainbow flop??)."
    posted by FlashFlush

"oi u cheeky mare flush!!! a club a diamond and a spade came down on flop, what happens if he was holding 2 clubs or 2 diamonds or 2 spades and then 2 came down on turn and river then he have 5 of the same suit.....isnt that a flush or is my blondness growing?

IT HAPPENS!!!!!!!

NOW IM OFFENDED"
    posted by xFALLENx

Hi Fallen, yes you're right, it does happen but we could say that about ANY flop.

So in this case, it's called a "rainbow" flop (3 different suits) and as FlashFlush said we would NOT say there are any possible flushes out there. (However, we can say there is a possible "runner runner" flush but there is no need because that would be the case with ANY rainbow flop).

Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2009
    i would never fold top pair with yop kicker on that board.
  • edited November 2009
    Name the player then I'll tell you what I'd do.

:)

Seems a strange move though
  • edited November 2009
    "oi u cheeky mare flush!!! a club a diamond and a spade came down on flop, what happens if he was holding 2 clubs or 2 diamonds or 2 spades and then 2 came down on turn and river then he have 5 of the same suit.....isnt that a flush or is my blondness growing? IT HAPPENS!!!!!!! NOW IM OFFENDED" posted by xFALLENx Hi Fallen, yes you're right, it does happen but we could say that about ANY flop. So in this case, it's called a "rainbow" flop (3 different suits) and as FlashFlush said we would NOT say there are any possible flushes out there. (However, we can say there is a possible "runner runner" flush but there is no need because that would be the case with ANY rainbow flop). Hope this helps.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thankyou for the explanation jingeMa

I made sense in Lisa World
  • edited November 2009

No worries Fallen, happy to help, and I'm sure you did! 8- />
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this play? : Thankyou for the explanation jingeMa   I made sense in Lisa World
    Posted by xFALLENx
     Sorry Fallen didn't mean my comment in a bad way. But as was said above you could call any board "drawing to a flush" and OmanhoneyO said he was a regular solid player, so 100% sure he would not be doing this on a flush draw
  • edited November 2009
    kevwinsome?  fold.
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    kevwinsome?  fold.
    Posted by scotty77
    LOL,  I intended to hide the name, but yes, it was him.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this play? : LOL,  I intended to hide the name, but yes, it was him.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    the guy plays so nitty.  wouldn't be surprised to see QQQ here but prob 333.  he would flat AK tho PF so you could be chopping but w/e.  no way is he getting it in with AJ/AT
  • edited November 2009
    I fold. He's making a play that doesnt make sense to his reg play. Therefore, it doesnt feel right and Id fold and move on.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this play? : the guy plays so nitty.  wouldn't be surprised to see QQQ here but prob 333.  he would flat AK tho PF so you could be chopping but w/e.  no way is he getting it in with AJ/AT
    Posted by scotty77
    Yeah these were my thoughts 33 or aq I thought.  Ive seen him make some weird plays, mr aks in sb with 4 limpers
  • edited November 2009
    foooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllld ainec
  • edited November 2009
    foooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllld ainec
    Posted by offshoot
    ainec??
  • edited November 2009
    and its not even close

but in this situation all in nits equals crushed seems appropriate
  • edited November 2009
    ive often thought kevwinsome is the stig