You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens?

edited September 2012 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Hello..

I am fairly new to Sky Poker (this is my first post), signed up last month and was wondering which types of poker games I can enter with a poker token?

As I mentioned, I signed up here last month and my plan is just to stick to the Free Play games, to get a feel for the website and software and also don't feel confident enough to take it the next step with real money just yet.

I read the promotions page and realised that I qualified for this freeroll promotion which I thought was ideal for me, (too birds, one stone) and so carried on. Logged in the the other day to see the added poker token added to my account for playing 50 or more Free Play hands. So I am now wanting to use this token, however I am not 100% sure how to go about using this token and to which games I can use it for. I did read that It covers entry into a MTT (multi table tournament?) and an STT (?!) if so what are they and where can I find them?.

Hope to get a response as noticed the token doesn't last very long and I would like to take advantage of this offer while I still can..

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Just register for a tournament, the same way as usual. I believe it'll use your token before it uses real money, if a token can be used.

Be careful though: The token is for £2.20 for that promotion (I think) - This means the game you register for has to be £2 + £0.20 rake, or less than £2.20 total. Bounty Hunters are £2 + £0.30 rake, and the DYMs at that level are £2 + £0.25, so if you try to enter either of those, it'll take real money instead of the token (or won't let you enter if you have no real money)

You can enter:

£2 + £0.20 Normal Sit 'n' Go
    £2 + £0.20 Normal Tournament (Not BH)
    £2 + £0.10 Heads Up

You can use it on lower stakes stuff too, but do you really want to use a £2.20 token on something cheaper than £2.20, meaning the prize pool will be much smaller even though you're still "spending" the same?

My advice would be to enter one of the £2.20 Deep stack MTTs, there's two at 19:15 and 20:30 each night respectively, with a decent guaranteed prize pool. These will be much longer than a Heads Up or Sit 'n' Go, so you'll get the most value for your token in terms of playing time. The prize pool will also be much bigger in a big tournament than in a 6 person Sit 'n' Go, so you have a chance of a substantial win.

STT is a Single Table Tournament (Although not all STTs are single table, strictly speaking, but let's not go there :P). You can find STTs under the "Sit 'n' Go" section in the lobby.

MTT is Multi Table Tournament, under the "Tournaments" section.

Hope this helps, any questions just ask.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens?:
    My advice would be to enter one of the £2.20 Deep stack MTTs, there's two at 19:15 and 20:30 each night respectively, with a decent guaranteed prize pool. These will be much longer than a Heads Up or Sit 'n' Go, so you'll get the most value for your token in terms of playing time. The prize pool will also be much bigger in a big tournament than in a 6 person Sit 'n' Go, so you have a chance of a substantial win.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Took your advice and entered for the 19:15 Deep Stack MTTs tonight, just been knocked out. I think I finished 14th out of 79, just missed out on the money (top 10 from £4.74 onwards! ha) but never mind.

Overall, I really enjoyed it tonight, pleased with how long I lasted, 19:15  till 22:19, so a good few hours, again agree with you about getting good playing time for the token but think was hanging on at times towards the end.

So thanks for that recommendation.

Another quick question i have regarding the Free Play Promotion, which got me thinking, would I now be able to go back to the free play tables and play another 50 hands this month and then qualify for another token which I can then use again this time next month?..

Would you, EvilPingu or if anyone else can clarify this for me?..

• Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens?:
    In Response to Re: Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens? : Took your advice and entered for the 19:15 Deep Stack MTTs tonight, just been knocked out. I think I finished 14th out of 79, just missed out on the money (top 10 from £4.74 onwards! ha) but never mind. Overall, I really enjoyed it tonight, pleased with how long I lasted, 19:15  till 22:19, so a good few hours, again agree with you about getting good playing time for the token but think was hanging on at times towards the end. So thanks for that recommendation. Another quick question i have regarding the Free Play Promotion, which got me thinking, would I now be able to go back to the free play tables and play another 50 hands this month and then qualify for another token which I can then use again this time next month?.. Would you, EvilPingu or if anyone else can clarify this for me?..
    Posted by _tut
    Not a bad start :)

I'm pretty sure you can get one token every month - The problem is that the T&Cs say:

"You are ineligible for the offer if you play any real money cash hands or buy-in to a paid MTT or STT during the month"

As you've used the token to play a real money game, but haven't actually spent any money, idk if that counts for this month or not. 

So, to answer your question, idk if you can earn a token this month or not, but you should definitely be able to earn one next month. 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    yea sky have a tendancy to let you win at the beginning, they build your confidence and then before you know it they haave suckered you in.The hands that were filling for you will no longer fill like they did at the start I WONDER WHY?. take my advice get out before you get addicted and start throwing money to sky like biscuits to a bear they clean you.  In Response to Re: Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens?:
    In Response to Re: Freeroll Promotion_Redeeming tokens? : Took your advice and entered for the 19:15 Deep Stack MTTs tonight, just been knocked out. I think I finished 14th out of 79, just missed out on the money (top 10 from £4.74 onwards! ha) but never mind. Overall, I really enjoyed it tonight, pleased with how long I lasted, 19:15  till 22:19, so a good few hours, again agree with you about getting good playing time for the token but think was hanging on at times towards the end. So thanks for that recommendation. Another quick question i have regarding the Free Play Promotion, which got me thinking, would I now be able to go back to the free play tables and play another 50 hands this month and then qualify for another token which I can then use again this time next month?.. Would you, EvilPingu or if anyone else can clarify this for me?..
    Posted by _tut
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    where can i find the password for a new player for the freeroll football poker game tomorrow thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    hi im fairly new to sky poker for this promotion where can i find the free play games to play the 50+ hands to recive a free tournament token in the cal month thanks in advance and gl at the tables