You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is a call right?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SolidStan1 Small blind  5000.00 5000.00 316213.11
fleecer123 Big blind  10000.00 15000.00 64566.26
 Your hole cards
  • A

Batkin88 Raise  22500.00 37500.00 178757.14
Kiwini4u Fold     
kornrule12 Fold     
SolidStan1 Fold     
fleecer123 All-in  64566.26 102066.26 0.00
Batkin88 ????

Comments

• edited July 2012
    with such a small raise you are almost inducing the jam (maybe thats what you wanted). so i think now you gonna have to call it off.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: This is a call right?:
    with such a small raise you are almost inducing the jam (maybe thats what you wanted). so i think now you gonna have to call it off.
    Posted by pod1
    Yes it was as BH but I got absolutely slated for it. To be honest I don't usually question things like this as I have always been under the impression that by opening I have to call in these spots and thats the plan from the outset but should I ever be folding or should I just fold pre. (But I find it hard to fold anything pre :)   ...)
  • edited July 2012
    Defo a call as played,

You should know what you are going to do before you make that raise if any of the other players reshove.

that raise is marginal anyway because it's utg, but it depends on how many times you have been opening and how the table has been playing.

wd on a fine result
  • edited July 2012
    Calling another 52k to win 154k, so we're getting 2/1, think we have to call. 
  • edited July 2012
    Defo a call as played, You should know what you are going to do before you make that raise if any of the other players reshove. that raise is marginal anyway because it's utg, but it depends on how many times you have been opening and how the table has been playing. wd on a fine result
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thank you, yeah I did plan to call a shorty shove tbh but I was questioned after and I doubted myself as this is something I have just always done. Always good to get other point of views

cheers guys
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: This is a call right? : Yes it was as BH but I got absolutely slated for it. To be honest I don't usually question things like this as I have always been under the impression that by opening I have to call in these spots and thats the plan from the outset but should I ever be folding or should I just fold pre. (But I find it hard to fold anything pre :)   ...)
    Posted by Batkin88
    You won't be surprised that I'd be folding pre. Not a strong hand to be playing oop against some decent opposition, and late in a tournament when everyone is playing shallow. As played the raise size is standard, and with fleecers stack its only ever going to be fold or shove for them. On that basis it would be very nitty not to call. Of course reads, table dynamic could change things.
  • edited July 2012
    just seen QQQ's post - great result - wp

guess fleecer/railers were a bit upset you ended their chance of the mini/main bonus I assume
  • edited July 2012
    It wasn't fleecer no it was after when I was showing my hand history to a few friends. Yeah I heard fleecer got really close to both !!! 2 people in 2 nyts!!!