You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FREEROLL CHANGES

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
How about running a few different freerolls tourni's

rather than £250 or £500 prize funds, how about giving entry into some of the bigger tourni's as prizes

not sure how everyone feels on that, what you reckon????????????

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I'd be up for that as bankroll does not allow me to blow it on 1 tourney. Sounds like a plan ;)
  • edited November 2009
    anything i can do with my poker points would be a well liked alteration. i would rather have 45 seats to the open rather than a £500 prize fund paying down to 200 for 26p
  • edited November 2009
    Or they could run sats that allow you to spend your points to gain entry into the big ones??

Or run some freerolls where the prizes are sky merchandise (poker chips etc)

Or the winner gets to go the studio and play live games while the presenters do their thing

If there are a few backers im sure they might agree

Tikay - Sky rich, what u reckon?????????
  • edited November 2009
    hey,

this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament.

we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future.

as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
  • edited November 2009
    never noticed that one, when was it???
  • edited November 2009
    great  idea edkent123    dont  y  i  did  not  think  of  that myself  lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES:
    hey, this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament. we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future. as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Are there plans for another?

On a slightly different topic the "NUTS FREEROLL". I know its still 12 days away but is there any info on how to qualify? 

Cheers
  • edited November 2009
    Great idea, i've cashed in five freeroll's in the last two week's, won about £6 in total, which is ok and good fun. But a bit of variety would be better, maybe big tournament entry or merchandise like suggested above. Playing in a freeroll for two hour's the winning 16p can be good fun, but a bit disheartening .
  • edited November 2009
    hey, this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament. we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future. as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, like Ed I never noticed this unless you're talking about the one a few weeks ago where there were 2 runners
  • edited November 2009
    You will have a beard down to your knees, by the time it gets thru Sky Towers.

Dont hold your breath, for gods sake. 
  • edited November 2009
    yeh, i think they should change the freerols some how, im sick of winnin 17p.
  • edited November 2009
    yes i agree what a thought out plan what a good idea so why not use ur points so example  instead of 100 pts for a 500 quid freeroll u have an option to use for example 350 - 400 pts for a major tourney but still give people the option to still play the 100 quid freerolls if they like so theres something foreveryones taste
  • edited November 2009
    hey guys,

in answer to a few of the questions on this thread...

the freeroll took place a month or so ago and was an addition to the feeback freeroll. 43 runners participated with the top 4 winning free entry into a flagship tournament.

the nuts freeroll is invite only. so unfortunately if you haven't had the invite you will be unable to play.

i hope this info helps,

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    Rich, where do the people who are doing the inviting get names from? Is this Nuts magazine, Nuts Poker League, Do we have to apply to someone to get on the invite list? Surley whoever is organising this freeroll they are ding it for some form of customer? If this is an incentive of some kind then i can't understand why the terms are secret?
  • edited November 2009
    Hi NICON, normally these type of freerolls are for new customers, you become a "new customer" through which ever company is mentioned and as part of the incentive you get entry into a "new customer" freeroll, if i'm wrong im sure rich will correct me, if not hope this helps!

n Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES:
    Rich, where do the people who are doing the inviting get names from? Is this Nuts magazine, Nuts Poker League, Do we have to apply to someone to get on the invite list? Surley whoever is organising this freeroll they are ding it for some form of customer? If this is an incentive of some kind then i can't understand why the terms are secret?
    Posted by NICON
  • edited November 2009
    Hi NICON, normally these type of freerolls are for new customers, you become a "new customer" through which ever company is mentioned and as part of the incentive you get entry into a "new customer" freeroll, if i'm wrong im sure rich will correct me, if not hope this helps! n Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES :
    Posted by EDKENT123
    Nicon is absolutely right.
    If the freeroll is supposed to be an incentive to subscribe to a magazine (or whatever) then it is counter-productive to keep the terms of qualification secret. The issue here is that no-one knows what they need to do to qualify which must be contrary to the promoter's wishes.
    This is entirely different to divulging a password.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to FREEROLL CHANGES:
    How about running a few different freerolls tourni's rather than £250 or £500 prize funds, how about giving entry into some of the bigger tourni's as prizes not sure how everyone feels on that, what you reckon????????????
    Posted by EDKENT123
    are u for real or what!!the previous night you pull me down for talking about changes to freerolls!then the next day you start your own thread about changing freerolls!!whats this double standards!!
  • edited November 2009
    ya i think sky should start new freeroll settings....

had a few good winning in the frerolls
  • edited November 2009
    SMALLER FIELDS AND /ORMORE PRIZE MONEY OTHERWISE JUST A WASTE OF TIME!LIMIT TO FIRST COME FURST SERVED AND WHY NO AFTERNOON FREEEROLLL ANYMORE???

that was the comment regarding above
  • edited November 2009
    AS LONG AS THEY ARE FREE......CHARGING ANYTHING...EVEN IF IT POTATOES...THATS NOT FREE...IM FREE..AS IN FREE!
  • edited November 2009
    I MEANT ...FREE AS IN FREE !

BUT THEN IM A FREEROLLER ANY...SO WHY SHOULD SKY POKER DO ME A FAVOUR !
  • edited November 2009
    However...loads of other sites provide proper freerolls....and im told the cash is recycled back into the site ...so whats the big deal anyway!

Thats why sky is offshore, they can get away with the "trade descriptions act"   Free sky, means FREE does it not!
  • edited November 2009
    SMALLER FIELDS AND /ORMORE PRIZE MONEY OTHERWISE JUST A WASTE OF TIME!LIMIT TO FIRST COME FURST SERVED AND WHY NO AFTERNOON FREEEROLLL ANYMORE??? that was the comment regarding above
    Posted by EDKENT123
    I could tell you where you can do freerolls allday long....but i wpnt as sky might corked me! On 1 site, i have built up $46:50... big deal you might say ....but better than the miserable £0:14 on this stingy site! Been on both site about the same time! Afternoon freerolls, ya asking to much lol..I mean my god...thats like oliver twist, saying ...Sir ...i want some more! ...
  • edited November 2009
    Read the post before you start on me,

You were stating about the amount of prize, you wanted a bigger prize pool or limit the players to achieve a bigger cash out, im simple asking about having different prizes compeltely insted of the £250/500.

Completely different statements

On the subject of your thread, you have to remember the sky provide freerolls as a added extra, go to some of the other sites and on some of there freerolls ive seen 30000+ taking part in a freeroll..

Sky ave prob around the 1000 mark, so doing the maths i would say that you have a better chance of cashing out on sky....
  • edited November 2009
    thats your opinion i guess, take your small talk elsewhere, if you have nothing constructive to say dont say anything!
    Posted by EDKENT123
    In fairness you did have a pop on his thread because he wanted to change the freerolls so there is def a bit of pot - kettle and black about this thread.

He wanted higher payouts or less runners (which is an opinion expressed by tons of people on here as they don't play the freerolls as they are just a shove fest).

He never said he wanted sky to spend more money, just make the freerolls more competitive by limiting the field, or more worthwhile by increasing the prize fund available per freeroll (which could be done by having fewer freerolls for a better prize fund).

You also want a change to the payment structure so they are almost identical requests other than you want worthwhile tourneys and he wants worthwhile money.

I'd be happy with either but to have a go at someone on one thread about asking for freeroll changes and then starting your own thread to alter them is a bit nonsensical
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES : In fairness you did have a pop on his thread because he wanted to change the freerolls so there is def a bit of pot - kettle and black about this thread. He wanted higher payouts or less runners (which is an opinion expressed by tons of people on here as they don't play the freerolls as they are just a shove fest). He never said he wanted sky to spend more money, just make the freerolls more competitive by limiting the field, or more worthwhile by increasing the prize fund available per freeroll (which could be done by having fewer freerolls for a better prize fund). You also want a change to the payment structure so they are almost identical requests other than you want worthwhile tourneys and he wants worthwhile money. I'd be happy with either but to have a go at someone on one thread about asking for freeroll changes and then starting your own thread to alter them is a bit nonsensical
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    thank you at last somebody understands!!!!
  • edited November 2009

Im just asking every one's opinion of having different prizes, could have a few freerolls running through out the day then..... his statement was either a bigger prize which as a result means sky puts in a bigger pot (spends more money) or limits the field, why should the field have a limit. there is already a max of 2000 (normally i think)

Im not asking for a bigger or smaller pot, just the chance to pick what type of prize i would like to take part in,

What would you rather play for "top 200 get paid" or top 10 get entry in to say the open, you would then have a difference in the amount of players taking part in the different freerolls, as not everyone would want to take part in the "open" freeroll as im sure alot of the better/bigger players would enter to try and save the buy-in fee....

• edited November 2009
    To make this easier, the subjects are the same but in different context's, he wants bigger prize fund or limit the field.... i was asking about freerolls with a different prize, does that help you both
  • edited November 2009
    I would really like this idea, Great idea EDKENT123, isnt the average 1st prize around the £20 mark ? now thats a seat into a primo =) i like the sound of that, perhaps someone should set up one of those voting things on the forum.

=)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi guys, im afraid i have had to delete a few posts on this thread as they break our house rules and we do not tolerate personal attacks or abusive behavior to other forum members.

Thanks for understanding

Rich