You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - What do you do on the Turn?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
First time playing against X but he's built up an image with me VERY quickly. He's involved in alot of pots, almost always comes in for a raise. I've seen him 4bet JJ, then get it in on Q-high flop. I've also seen him 4bet to 1/2 his stack then fold to my 5bet jam :(

Also he loves to bluff post flop, sometimes as a semi-bluff, sometimes with complete air. It's the reason I only flatted the flop raise, to give him a chance of taking another stab on the turn.

When he does, dya think I should have just flatted the turn? Part of me thought he can't really fold with what's in the pot and what he's got behind if he's got any sort of hand, but then the other part thought if I flat, he'll probably stick the rest in on the river.

I think I got it wrong.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
X Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.82
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.39
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

jazzychoi Fold        
BarryQueen Fold        
X Raise   £0.15 £0.30 £19.67
Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £11.79
X Call   £0.50 £1.40 £19.17
Flop

• Q

X Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.80 £2.20 £10.99
X Raise   £2.30 £4.50 £16.87
Lambert180 Call   £1.50 £6.00 £9.49
Turn

X Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £13.87
Lambert180 All-in   £9.49 £18.49 £0.00
X Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £11.10   £11.10
Lambert180 Return   £6.49 £0.90 £17.59

Comments

• edited July 2012
    So he loves to bluff and you've made it impossible for him to carry on bluffing.. sounds like you know the answer to your post already which would be correct
  • edited July 2012
    you know youre calling any river so theres no real need to get the money in on the turn vs a serial bluffer.

Its very easy to make this mistake though. Its probably the right thing to do a certain % of the time.
  • edited July 2012
    + 1 to offshoot dunno y u all in on turn just bluff catch :)
  • edited July 2012
    Your only hating a king on the turn so dwell on the time bar and then call. Let him shove the river and you can snap him off, if he doesn't then thin value bet him on the river like £2 hoping he comes over the top as a bluff or calls with a mid PP or ace high.

Kalie
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL - What do you do on the Turn?:
    Your only hating a king on the turn so dwell on the time bar and then call. Let him shove the river and you can snap him off, if he doesn't then thin value bet him on the river like £2 hoping he comes over the top as a bluff or calls with a mid PP or ace high. Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    As above
  • edited July 2012
    As said above just call down no matter what comes on turn or river. When he raises that board whats he tryna represent? its either a 4, FD or stone cold bluff.
  • edited July 2012
    tbh lambert havent read your paragraph above the hand, just the hand itself.

I cant see any reason to raise turn. 

But then looking over other responses I see things like "you noted oppo loves to bluff" etc, making shipping turn make even less sense.  (Hugely)

Given that type of read we can be relatively confident oppo is going to ship river so we dont have to really fear losing value on brick river, as if he misses clubs he'll likely still set you in - or just rep a 4.  But we arent planning to fold are we?

So let the rope out :)