You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heads Up Cash, Fold or Call?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
A few minutes in to a micro stakes Heads Up Cash Game. Only a few hands played and pots have been small so not many reads at this point.

Any thoughts, are you calling or folding? 

The lead on the turn made me think this was a blocker bet, maybe he had a high Ace and was trying to stop me drawing to a flush.

Was a good game all in all and the oppo was an all round decent bloke.

Thoughts welcome, and thanks in advance.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOOOOGSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.46
TuffCookieBig blind £0.04£0.06£2.69
 Your hole cards
  • A

DOOOOGRaise £0.14£0.20£3.32
TuffCookieCall £0.12£0.32£2.57
Flop

• Q
  • A

TuffCookieCheck    
DOOOOGBet £0.16£0.48£3.16
TuffCookieCall £0.16£0.64£2.41
Turn

TuffCookieBet £0.32£0.96£2.09
DOOOOGRaise £0.64£1.60£2.52
TuffCookieCall £0.32£1.92£1.77
River

• K

TuffCookieAll-in £1.77£3.69£0.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Probably he had flush or str8 so good fold i think.
  • edited July 2012
    bet bigger on flop, shove turn over his donk lead as it looks like ur stacks are a bit shallow...
  • edited July 2012
    Get it all in on the turn save yourself the decision on the river and give him the tough decision to make.
  • edited July 2012
    I'd say don't raise 4x pre for a start, you should be raising ALOT of buttons, and you wanna be raising the same with AA as you would with 68s, so making it 4x just really inflates the pot because if he 3bets you (this should start to happen alot in HU cash), the pot is gonna be pretty big.

Definitely bet more on flop, plenty of hands to get value from and you can't let him get there cheap, I make it 24p ish.

On the turn, just stick him all in, too many draws out there and you're hand is still very strong, You're more likely to get money out of him on the turn when he still has cards to hit than on the river if he misses.

As played, fold river.
  • edited July 2012
    raise bigger pre bet bigger each street