You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you think?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
My thinking is this:

I believe the 3 bet is too small to fold to regardless of cards, but I am only calling to hit big, so an ace high flop is not great but a 55x flop of 2 diamonds is great. I flop amazing and on such a low board if he holds over I am laughing, so I flat, as his stack size would mean if he bets the turn he is pot committed so I can come over the top and if he doesn't bet it, he doesn't have overs so I will need to hope he hits. However he bets very small on the turn which doesn't commit him which was odd, (why bet at all? with my stack if I call the flop I'm calling that turn) so I am thinking he is betting small so I bluff raise him allowing him to quickly snap off WITH aa kk qq and I then win big. :)
The question is basically are you raising this turn? Or flatting and whats the reason behind it?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Jibbz Small blind  300.00 300.00 19100.00
loukas865 Big blind  600.00 900.00 56700.25
 Your hole cards
  • A

nagrom Fold     
Batkin88 Raise  1275.00 2175.00 27857.75
Vince_107 Raise  2565.00 4740.00 16051.00
roker58 Fold     
Jibbz Fold     
loukas865 Fold     
Batkin88 Call  1290.00 6030.00 26567.75
Flop

Batkin88 Check     
Vince_107 Bet  2233.00 8263.00 13818.00
Batkin88 Call  2233.00 10496.00 24334.75
Turn

Batkin88 Check     
Vince_107 Bet  3455.00 13951.00 10363.00
Batkin88 Raise  7200.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Fold pre, check call all way sown now youve hit your miracle, you might aswelL write in chat box youve got a massive hand when you raise the turn
  • edited July 2012
    I like your thinking here and like the line you take.  I'm keen to make sure I get as much value from the hand as possible and raising the turn acheives this, if he has a hand to call your raise, then he is committing his full stack.

If we just call the turn, I think we're still advertising that we have a hand and might result in a check, check on the river missing value, although personally I'm never checking in front on the river and giving him the chance to check back.

So.... a call on the turn means we are probably opening most rivers, he can still fold here and we get no more value.  Call turn, check river, he can check behind and we get no more value.  So to maximise value, I think raising the turn is the best option.

If he's been playing 56 in some peculiar way, then BIG sigh!
  • edited July 2012
    45bbs deep at 6 handed table  I dont mind opening the pot at all (infact i do pretty much exctly the same virtually all of the time) in the CO.  Especially as we open the amount we do (as long as we open all our range for the same amount).

Agree can never fold to 3bet sizing, as long as we are clear on what we want from a flop (as your intentions state).

Flop line obv fine.

If we are clicking back turn with reads oppo has huge OP, shoving is better IMO, as our range looks weaker and sometimes equity based on board such as this. 

So I shove or flat based on particular reads.

His turn open does leave him some FE and I wouldnt assume hie is pot committed here though.  Could just be a commitment to barrell NNP's (-) and 9's (+) or so.  How do we like 9's or so from oppo's POV as played?  (not much).
  • edited July 2012

With the size of the turn it just looked like he didn't want to commit but didn't want to give up on such a big pot on the bubble. I read it as weak at the time but didn't want to lead the river. I should of shoved as looks alot weaker like you say.

If I have an overpair like 88 99 TT and in his posistion I would fold there to a min raise as there wouldn't be any reason for me to bluff with stack sizes and board. Think I messed up this turn, I sat right till the time bar ran down, if there where time banks I may have played it differently.