You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - Check/Raise Bluff Turn?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I've left the  opponents name in this so he can have the opportunity to come and give his thoughts or (if he wants to) tell me what he had.

I haven't played against him much, but know he will be playing a pretty solid game and I'm fairly sure he'll have me down as pretty nitty. Although I was playing with him on quite a few tables last night and I assume he will have seen that I was pretty relentlessly raising the button (more due to a run of good cards than anything)

I imagine he's probably 3betting me there with AQ+, maybe 77+ and some mid-high SCs. When I flat call his c-bet, I think there's a decent chance I'm still ahead against the majority of his range, and I think by flatting he's gonna put me on pretty much exclusively medium and big PPs and AK. So when the K comes on the turn, I think there's only a tiny percentage of his range that can call a check/raise.

Would appreciate thoughts on the whole hand
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
IDONKCALLU Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.65
TINTIN Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.62
  Your hole cards

aceaphobic Fold        
JackoG9 Fold        
Rumpy Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.55
IDONKCALLU Fold        
TINTIN Raise   £0.80 £1.25 £8.82
Lambert180 Call   £0.60 £1.85 £8.95
Flop

TINTIN Bet   £1.20 £3.05 £7.62
Lambert180 Call   £1.20 £4.25 £7.75
Turn

• K

TINTIN Bet   £2.40 £6.65 £5.22
Lambert180 All-in   £7.75 £14.40 £0.00
TINTIN Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £8.37   £8.37
Lambert180 Return   £5.35 £0.68 £13.72

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Given the specific reads that you've been a persistent button warrior we can mostly ignore his 3bet OTB.  If not ignore, then know its very likely to be a super wide range of hands.

Either way we are still playing set or no set more often than not, but happen to pick up a favourable board.

This shove on the turn seems very counter inuitive to me.  We are only going to get called by better and I think alot of medium pps will call as also (with no money behind).

All we do is force hands of 12 - 27% equity to fold, when it seems he is committed to barrell.  If our hand is good (or the dynamic gives us reason to believe it is) we just have to grit our teeth and call most rivers, or better still check back river when he gives up.  He isnt far from direct odds to call for certain draws also (anyway).