You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Non stop bad luck

edited November 2012 in Poker Chat
Im not sure if this is the right place to post, but i would apreciate it if anyone at sky poker can give me feed back on the following hands (all happened in 1 week) Im almost positive i havnt done anything wrong, but this happens to me way to much... i think 3 of the hands i lose with aces. the others are fullhouses! ...

540379766 ...539956123 ... 539170304 ... 539167943 ... 538870236 ... 538560865 ... 538199922 ...538174023

Am i right in saying, second best possible hand, you should never fear the nuts when you have been the most aggressive (for good reasons) and get as much money in as possible, so people dont get lucky on the river (which they have been in most of these cases lol ... get back to me and if u can some how message me back or let me know if you can show it on tv ide be very grateful :D ... love the game but im waiting for the luck to come at me as stuff like this happens to me too much!

Comments

• edited July 2012

Hi Mikeyboy

Calling your thread 'non stop bad luck' doesn't actually sound like what you are looking for and you might not get the response you are actually asking for.

We'd recommend you post your hands on the Poker Clinic section of the forum (the hand itself not the hand number) and ask for feedback on how you played it.

You will find that sometimes people might say you got lucky or unlucky in the hand but more often you will get some great feedback from the community on how you played the hand, how you might have done things differently and what it would have meant for the hand.

It's a good way to learn and hopefully improve your game.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Non stop bad luck:
    Hi Mikeyboy Calling your thread 'non stop bad luck' doesn't actually sound like what you are looking for and you might not get the response you are actually asking for. We'd recommend you post your hands on the Poker Clinic section of the forum (the hand itself not the hand number) and ask for feedback on how you played it. You will find that sometimes people might say you got lucky or unlucky in the hand but more often you will get some great feedback from the community on how you played the hand, how you might have done things differently and what it would have meant for the hand. It's a good way to learn and hopefully improve your game. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

cool :)
  • edited July 2012
    Don't forget-- Poker has good luck, and bad luck, --- good luck is rightfully ours and we deserve it, because we are the best player--- Bad luck is disgusting and horrible and should not happen to a good person--- which is why we remember it well.

We very rarely see a post saying " look how lucky I got"
  • edited July 2012

See here for how to post hands on the clinic too!
  • edited November 2012
    See here   for how to post hands on the clinic too!
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    sorry but i agree with mikeyboy for a poker engine to be completely random then this means a selection of good and bad luck should be able to happen to any player not like you have extremely good luck for say two days and then for the next week everything you touch is beaten by another person i've been playing skypoker for about 2 months now it started off good went slightly downhill after that for a very short period then back to good luck for another day then went slightly sour again and then for the past 8 days i had been given two pair on the flop A5 only to have the turn and river to turn up kings and lose by three of a kind I've been given straights on the flop only to be rivered by a flush and just now i was dealt K8 which i raised to 20p on a 5/10 table the flop came out 45K so i put in 40p and got called the turn came out 8 so i put in £1.60 there my opponent doulbed me even though he only had 78 suited so all he had there was a pair of 8's but surprise surprise the river gave him the 6 he needed to make his straight now i'm not saying it's all bad luck because i have managed to win a couple of hands but on the hands that i win i'm the only person dealt with somehting so everyone else folds as soon as i put in a bet if somebody calls me i end up losing the hand because the cards are never falling my way
  • edited November 2012
    Don't forget-- Poker has good luck, and bad luck, --- good luck is rightfully ours and we deserve it, because we are the best player--- Bad luck is disgusting and horrible and should not happen to a good person--- which is why we remember it well.  We very rarely see a post saying " look how lucky I got"
    Posted by oynutter
    Only to some not all, get it right
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Non stop bad luck : sorry but i agree with mikeyboy for a poker engine to be completely random then this means a selection of good and bad luck should be able to happen to any player not like you have extremely good luck for say two days and then for the next week everything you touch is beaten by another person i've been playing skypoker for about 2 months now it started off good went slightly downhill after that for a very short period then back to good luck for another day then went slightly sour again and then for the past 8 days i had been given two pair on the flop A5 only to have the turn and river to turn up kings and lose by three of a kind I've been given straights on the flop only to be rivered by a flush and just now i was dealt K8 which i raised to 20p on a 5/10 table the flop came out 45K so i put in 40p and got called the turn came out 8 so i put in £1.60 there my opponent doulbed me even though he only had 78 suited so all he had there was a pair of 8's but surprise surprise the river gave him the 6 he needed to make his straight now i'm not saying it's all bad luck because i have managed to win a couple of hands but on the hands that i win i'm the only person dealt with somehting so everyone else folds as soon as i put in a bet if somebody calls me i end up losing the hand because the cards are never falling my way
    Posted by Haemophile
    That one sentence voids everything you've said. A 2 month sample, even if you played 10 tables for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week is still a pretty meaningless sample to try to make comments on the site's EV.