You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A few hands please analyse

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic

1) Standard fold? Think he was trapping me pre.

trevm Call  1350.00 4800.00 19570.00
Flop

• J
  • Q
  • A

trevm Bet  4800.00 9600.00 14770.00
Batkin88 Fold     
trevm Muck     
trevm Win  4800.00  19570.00
trevm Return  4800.00
2) This is a tough one as I know that HU this is not a call, but nathc is always calling behind he ahd been doing it all the time limp calling everything. So I put both there stacks together when assessing the call (Which isn't reallt crrect as unlikely I will stack both if hit)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
paul10 Small blind  400.00 400.00 19816.50
Batkin88 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 16442.00
 Your hole cards

nathc11 Call  800.00 2000.00 13273.25
Dave488 Fold     
nmipeis Raise  2400.00 4400.00 22009.86
paul10 Fold     
Batkin88 Call  1600.00 6000.00 14842.00
nathc11 Call  1600.00 7600.00 11673.25

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Sorry the first hand didn't post correct.
    He opened 2.5x and I 3 bet on the button 2/2 his open. He then donked out flop.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2012
    i think calling is the worst option in hand 2, against that villain i think folding is probably best. against more aggressive players who you suspect may be trying to iso the limper shoving can also be good.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: A few hands please analyse:
    i think calling is the worst option in hand 2, against that villain i think folding is probably best. against more aggressive players who you suspect may be trying to iso the limper shoving can also be good.
    Posted by yb
    Cheers for feedback, the is one of them situations I find can be a tournament changer. I was below average in chips by a couple of thousand and knew if I hit I would be able to get decent value from the player who may be isolating. But if I miss I still have a decent enough stack to steal blinds and be in contention.
    I don't think my play is correct however, thats why I have posted it here. I think what you are saying is most likely to be the most profitable play. (FWIW I would also flat here with AA KK QQ)
  • edited July 2012

Not sure what you had in hand 1..

With hand 2, I dont think you can profitably call there.
     If you think he is going to open a wide range there and you decide to call i think you have to be prepared to c/r his c bet on alot of flops even when you don't hit set.. but that is such a high variance play i would recommend the fold.

• ybyb
    edited July 2012
    yeah the problem is it's so hard to win a pot oop with 55 unless you had a set.

hot picture btw, a vast improvement on young gun's man b00bs!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: A few hands please analyse:
    yeah the problem is it's so hard to win a pot oop with 55 unless you had a set. hot picture btw, a vast improvement on young gun's man b00bs!
    Posted by yb
    Yeah agreed I only put that as batkin said "i also flat here with AA-QQ" so theoretically if she wants take that to any level she should crai with 55 some % of the time as well, as i presume that would be her line with AA-QQ. (fwiw i dont think it's necessary to try and balance in these spots in mtt's. )

Lots of love for that pic ;) in fairness i had just come back from the gym and was a biit more 'pumped' than normal..
  • edited July 2012
    2nd hand for me its all in or fold u only have 16 big blinds u are calling 3 big blinds basically to hit a set i think is bad as most of time u wont and check fold early stages in a mtt its ok but not at this point its all in or fold for me but i would fold and pick better spots to use your stack with like if no 1 raises preflop then shove if your sb v bb or if folds round to u on cut off go all in with any marginal hand they can only call u with premium hand as u know batkin its goooood to shove a all in with a bad hand but harder to call with a marginal hand 
  • edited July 2012
    Well i was going to say peel for<15% of stack and for the pot odds but seeing 20 BB's is the Re-steal worth it? The person who has been limping forever just clouds the situ but i had one last night and ur right its certainly does your head in.
     Would the period of the tournament early, middle, late, close to bubble, size of stack to average ss etc be worth considering? Just some thoughts.....
  • edited July 2012
    At the end of the day in hand 2 you made the only logical play, apart from all in pre flop which at best your racing a peel to hit a set is fine but always intending to fold if you miss