You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i do right

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i am playing in 8 player game. i am known as a bit tight. i have raised 1st in 3 pots 3x and been re raised 3x every time and had to fold. this hand  whitch is only 25 mins in. I raise again 3x to 600 with 77, the player next to me who is a tight player reraises to 1700, next2 fold then a player[ who has been in every pot then folds to a raise] calls 1700, and the bb calls who is loose agr.The flop is qh 7h 5c, the bbchecks i push with 6600, the tight player pushes with 7000, theplayer who is in every pot pushes with 10000, the bb folds. i have trit 7s, tight player has AA the other player has KK in his hand.  THE QUESTION IS WAS IT RIGHT TO PUSH WITH TRIP77S

Comments

• edited July 2012

Yes you hit a set, don't fold.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: did i do right:
    Yes you hit a set, don't fold.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    TY I WAS NOT SURE
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: did i do right : TY I WAS NOT SURE
    Posted by phibaoptic
    I agree with donkyplop once you have seen the flop and hit a set, however, I think you should have folded to a rerise from a tight player pr-flop and therefore you would not have been in this prediciment.

What you did on the flop is not the problem, its calling the re-raise pre to a tight player that is a no no. imo
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to did i do right:
    i am playing in 8 player game. i am known as a bit tight. i have raised 1st in 3 pots 3x and been re raised 3x every time and had to fold. this hand  whitch is only 25 mins in. I raise again 3x to 600 with 77, the player next to me who is a tight player reraises to 1700, next2 fold then a player[ who has been in every pot then folds to a raise] calls 1700, and the bb calls who is loose agr.The flop is qh 7h 5c, the bbchecks i push with 6600, the tight player pushes with 7000, theplayer who is in every pot pushes with 10000, the bb folds. i have trit 7s, tight player has AA the other player has KK in his hand.  THE QUESTION IS WAS IT RIGHT TO PUSH WITH TRIP77S
    Posted by phibaoptic
    the question should be more about ur preflop decision rather than ur post flop decision imo

once u hit a set on that board u should fist pump and get in in asap!

preflop tho, calling 3 bets with 77 to set mine.... hmmm depends how deep u are!
  • edited July 2012
    I agree with other about pre flop.....catch 7 fine, not catch lose....slim odds!!!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: did i do right : I agree with donkyplop once you have seen the flop and hit a set, however, I think you should have folded to a rerise from a tight player pr-flop and therefore you would not have been in this prediciment. What you did on the flop is not the problem, its calling the re-raise pre to a tight player that is a no no. imo
    Posted by POKERTREV
    that is true but the thing was i had raised 3 times and got reraised 3 times, so i took a stand. how many times do i get reraised befor i make a stand, or do i wait for a better  hand then may be get reraised again because i look weak
  • edited July 2012
    A) open smaller

B) Flatting 30% of your stack with a questionable holding is not making a stand

B) Why would we ever fold flop?