You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good spot for overbet shove to look weak?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
i was going to bet 900 but that would look more fishy so went for max value they say overbet all in loooks weak spam600Small blind 25.0025.002262.50CASSIEBOOBBig blind 50.0075.003815.00 Your hole cardsQK   IDONKCALLURaise 150.00225.002825.00Daggadog1Fold    spam600Fold    CASSIEBOOBCall 100.00325.003715.00Flop  7Q3   CASSIEBOOBBet 50.00375.003665.00IDONKCALLURaise 250.00625.002575.00CASSIEBOOBCall 200.00825.003465.00Turn  2   CASSIEBOOBCheck    IDONKCALLUBet 500.001325.002075.00CASSIEBOOBCall 500.001825.002965.00River  5   CASSIEBOOBCheck    IDONKCALLUAll-in 2075.003900.000.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Over bet all-in looks weak ?   :S   where have you been living.

99 percent of players only do this for value  , usually with the nuts !
  • edited July 2012

Just think about your line, raise pre, raise donk bet, bet turn when checked to, overbet shove river. That is rarely weak, especially if you play standard in other hands.

You will be folding out all hands that might call a vb. The only + of overbetting river is that AQ will prob fold.

• edited July 2012
    1267 im talking about the recreational players not the regs to them all in looks weaker then half pot etc 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Good spot for overbet shove to look weak?:
    1267 im talking about the recreational players not the regs to them all in looks weaker then half pot etc 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I think you should squeeze as much value out of these recreational players as possible. 775 still gets paid by any Queen and sometimes worse. No need to mind f* ck them as they will donate anyway.
  • edited July 2012
    Hi fella

Don't you think your betting looks strong here? I think players may fold unless lucky straight or set caught which as it was big blind, could have. Feel like you're only being called by players who beat you. Only an inexpienced opinion though.
    Also he's been betting and calling so must have something( maybe two pair).
  • edited July 2012
    looking back think i played it bad well on flop ok coz a donk lead of 50 i am always going to raise that on a dry flop but yeah proffman looking back when i bet normally i only get called by better hand should of check back i did go all in which i think was a mistake worked out this time tho as opponent had ace 7 think i got lucky he didnt have random 2 pair
  • edited July 2012

Oh good you got all the money, i love a happy ending..

• edited July 2012
    Over bet all-in looks weak ?   :S   where have you been living. 99 percent of players only do this for value  , usually with the nuts !
    Posted by 1267
    Agree for once.  Pretty oudated line

Also agree w prinyraids comments.
  • edited July 2012
    I dont think you could have taken a stronger line, but I know what you mean some players just automatically think you are bluffing when you bet big. LOL A7 literally unreal, was this a BH by any chance. 
  • edited July 2012
    nope was a velocity tourney 
  • edited July 2012
    looking back think i played it bad well on flop ok coz a donk lead of 50 i am always going to raise that on a dry flop but yeah proffman looking back when i bet normally i only get called by better hand should of check back i did go all in which i think was a mistake worked out this time tho as opponent had ace 7 think i got lucky he didnt have random 2 pair
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Nice ending mate....
    He didn't call A7 did he.
    Hey fella you must be a pretty good player as some of these posts are a bit cutting aren't they. You must have broad shoulders my man.
    By the way do you assign raising, calling, 3 bet ranges to opponents during the tourney and do these vary as it goes on etc?
  • edited July 2012
    i play fearless poker best way if i lose in a mtt plenty of others to play i like to think im a solid mtt player as im good with odds etc i dont like to leave chips behind if i think i have the best hand so like to do lots of thin value bets 

• edited July 2012

The overbets are ok, but you are quite weak here tbh so thats the last thing you want to show. He donk calls flop and turn (You could easily be being trapped by a set here) Or you can put him on a queen which could be AQ or queen rag. I would prefer checking back the river tbh.

However as you state above it is a velocity, which is a top pair decent kicker tourny so maybe this is standard in this.