You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what to do here?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancecheatbot1Small blind 400.00400.0047363.00Suzane67Big blind 800.001200.0013052.50 Your hole cardsKA   bnanaCall 800.002000.009826.00binnsyFold    villianRaise 2400.004400.0021260.00liamboi11

what would you do here? reads on the opponent limp calls alot with weak holdings and will raise with face cards or good pairs bit fishy bein honest

Comments

• edited July 2012
    sorry never added in my stack i have around 17k
  • edited July 2012
    simple only 1 move u cant call 3 bb out of 16 bb stack and more then likely u wnt hit flop its easy decision liam u know this shove :)
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah I think it's an easy jam at these blind levels with 17k, but I take it from the post that you walked into AA/KK or something lol.
  • edited July 2012

First of all fist pump at the fact you have a great +EV situation, then proceed to put your stack into the middle =)

• edited July 2012

Whats the format? Is it a SNG or a MTT? Is it deep (In the cash or not?) Whats average stack?

• edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: what to do here?:
    Whats the format? Is it a SNG or a MTT? Is it deep (In the cash or not?) Whats average stack?
    Posted by Batkin88
    it`s the main event super bty hunter/top 50 paid we have 55 remaining/I`m slightl above average stack/also have around 20bbs.

It was someone we had in the last 10 on wed main batkin lol.
  • edited July 2012
    Ok I think I know who!! :) The reason I ask them questions is because there could be valid reasons for a fold, If you sat into the tournament you can justify a fold here. Also if you are above average are you happy that you can outplay post flop others at your table???If so fold and keep playing small pots. One of the big improvements I made to my game was to rely less on flipping, you could and are likely to be behind here (If he calls) so there is no need to proceed with a coin flip so to speak. If he has been 3 betting alto then yes this is 100% a shove as you are probably picking up dead money.
    Always good to hear both sides :)

I wouldn't shove here so close to the bubble tbh against a player that has me covered.
  • edited July 2012
    thanks 4 feedback guys

I just imo think ak is too strong to fold but i do understand your reasons behind why you could possibly find a fold
    but yeah lambert i shoved and i ran into aa lol but just wanted to see what other players do in my spot get different views.
  • edited July 2012
    To be fair, I think Batkin is spot on. I was gonna ask about format etc but I was too lazy lol.

Does make a big impact, obviously if this is a satellite with 20 seats, and 23 remaining, easy fold. Most of the time it's gonna be a jam I think but there are some times you can fold in the right situation.
  • edited July 2012
    To be fair, I think Batkin is spot on. I was gonna ask about format etc but I was too lazy lol. Does make a big impact, obviously if this is a satellite with 20 seats, and 23 remaining, easy fold. Most of the time it's gonna be a jam I think but there are some times you can fold in the right situation.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah totally agree with u and batkin we can find a fold here under right circumstances.

but me personally i dont care if i fold get min cash even though i satellited in for 4.80 would be good return.

I want to get as many chips i can get to final table etc give me best chance of taking it down for a big bink (that i`ve no had in a while lol).

also on another note well done beatin doh in the hu m8
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: what to do here? : yeah totally agree with u and batkin we can find a fold here under right circumstances. but me personally i dont care if i fold get min cash even though i satellited in for 4.80 would be good return. I want to get as many chips i can get to final table etc give me best chance of taking it down for a big bink (that i`ve no had in a while lol). also on another note well done beatin doh in the hu m8
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah you can only really fold here if it is a satelite. In a standard MTT, it's just to much of a +EV spot to ever fold. Over a large sample size folding here is bad.