You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The GRAND SLAM of sky poker.

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Having looked at yesterdays results to see Divsdreams has won the 8pm main event again,I was wondering whether anybody could win all seven 8pm main events in one year from the 1st jan 2012 to the 31st dec 2012.
I have had a quick scan through the results page kindly put up each day by GaryQQQ and think it may be done. (This was a quick look through so might have missed someone,please add if you find anymore)
So far these are the 2 closest to the Grand Slam.

Divsdreams : 5 main event wins 4 on different days .( Monday , Tuesday, wednesday not won.)
Henners10  : 4 main event wins 3 on different days

There are 6 or 7 people who have one 2 different 8pm main tourneys.
I think winning all seven would be a pretty amazing feat . Do you think it can be done this year or any?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to The GRAND SLAM of sky poker.:
    Having looked at yesterdays results to see Divsdreams has won the 8pm main event again,I was wondering whether anybody could win all seven 8pm main events in one year from the 1st jan 2012 to the 31st dec 2012. I have had a quick scan through the results page kindly put up each day by GaryQQQ and think it may be done. (This was a quick look through so might have missed someone,please add if you find anymore) So far these are the 2 closest to the Grand Slam. Divsdreams : 5 main event wins 4 on different days .( Monday , Tuesday, wednesday not won.) Henners10  : 4 main event wins 3 on different days There are 6 or 7 people who have one 2 different 8pm main tourneys. I think winning all seven would be a pretty amazing feat . Do you think it can be done this year or any?
    Posted by jonjo75
    Divsdreams is a class player and a couple of months ago I earmarked him as the next jackpot winner, and still think so, would like to think I have a chance,but there is No chance of that happening, at the moment I can't even make the first break of the mains lol
  • edited July 2012
    It would be highly impressive if anybody ever managed it. If Divsdreams has 4 of the 7 already he must be considered the most likely to do The Grand Slam in 2012, though I'd say with only 5 & 1/2 months to win 3/3 specific named tournaments the odds are stacked against him.

Worthy of note; back in March Ebberdon won 2 main events in 6 days; the £10K Super Bounty Hunter on Saturday March 17th, then the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter on Thursday March 22nd. I don't think anybody has ever managed two closer together than that. Last year CTBN won back-to-back Primos and Elsadog won back-to-back Sunday Rollers.
  • edited July 2012
    Toot toot

I have won back 2 back main events on sky Saturday and a Sunday night for a good weekend :) also won one every night of the week but not in the same year. Not been a good year by me so far In fact it's been poor but we take the lows with the highs in poker.

I think someone else may have won them all or been close because sharkscope hasn't tracked sky from the beginning like dayeyzz, penguin, gadgerno1, and one who I can't think of right now but I think the forum might bug steady winner on mtts.

Divs has had a very very impressive year though so maybe he can polish it off this year.

• edited July 2012
    Hi Nice post and Great points m8

Thanx maca pal.

I dont play tuesday nights but i defo will try my best to start. Thanx
  • edited July 2012
    penguin went close to this way back when at the start as did barnsie i think (right at the start)
  • edited December 2013
    not sure how ive donr this year know ive won the main a few times on different nights but not managed the primo yet so this weeks the one lol!!!