You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash table etiquette

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is there an acceptable time one should stay on a table after you have won some money. I feel terrible if I win a couple of pots and then leave soon after. I know, however, that if I do hang around I will end up betting on rain drops running down the window and loose the lot.
What are the forums thoughts on this?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    To be honest, I think with online cash tables I wouldn't worry too much about etiquette as long as it's a full table. There are many reasons people have to leave anyway,, for instance sometimes I only have enough time to play for 1hour so it can look like a bit of a hit n run if I win, but that's just the way it is if I've got somewhere else to be.

On a kinda seperate issue though, I've been reading a book recently about having the right poker mindset and if you're doing it just so you can 'lock up the profit', then it's silly...

Say you win 1 BI, and wanna 'lock it up', the very next hand you play you're gonna be sat with that 1 BI and could potentially lose it, whether you play the next hand 30 seconds later or 2 weeks later is completely irrelevant. You are at some point going to need to risk the amount you've won, unless you intend to win a BI and then never play poker again lol.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Cash table etiquette:
    Is there an acceptable time one should stay on a table after you have won some money. I feel terrible if I win a couple of pots and then leave soon after. I know, however, that if I do hang around I will end up betting on rain drops running down the window and loose the lot. What are the forums thoughts on this?
    Posted by gracie24
    Lose not "loose"....are my thoughts. HTH.
  • edited July 2012
    Is there an acceptable time one should stay on a table after you have won some money. I feel terrible if I win a couple of pots and then leave soon after. I know, however, that if I do hang around I will end up betting on rain drops running down the window and loose the lot. What are the forums thoughts on this?
    Posted by gracie24
    There's nothing more annoying than someone doubling up and immediately hitting the stand button. At least have the grace to sit there and just fold for a circuit peeps.

Totally understand the quit while you're ahead argument but its just polite to see a few more hands before scarpering with your new found wealth!!!
  • edited July 2012
    Posted by gracie24
    Have to be brutally honest and say you prob ought to stick to MTT if you are aware of this trend in your game.

It seems like your basically saying you'll bink/cooler a few spots then perma spew?  Please correct me if I'm wrong though, am not trying to be rude!

Its just if you cant sit at a table and know/play your edges its kind of pointless.  But yeah, hitting and running live is 10x as bad as online.
  • edited July 2012
    hit & run is fine, but scared poker

nothing wrong in scared poker if playing above you BR or your budget and your taking shots

If you find you treble up and you don't wanna lose then just stand

honestly no shame in it

gl

• edited July 2012
    just would not do it live very bad for me