You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50 vs Decent reg...facing turn r/r

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
WHOAMI196 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £48.82
..Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £37.41
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

..Fold     
villain Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £65.93
..Fold     
..Fold     
WHOAMI196 Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £43.82
...Fold     
villainCall  £3.75 £11.00 £62.18
Flop

WHOAMI196 Bet  £6.00 £17.00 £37.82
villainCall  £6.00 £23.00 £56.18
Turn

• Q

WHOAMI196 Bet  £12.00 £35.00 £25.82
villainRaise  £35.50 £70.50 £20.68
WHOAMI196 ????    
So he is a decent regular at these stakes, quite a lot of run-ins with him, generally in 3-4-bet pots though, so with little information other than he is a reg i would be interested to know what the general population would do here.

Comments

• edited July 2012

Is the fairly reg tight?

If so I have a feeling they just hit a set of queens, or have played aa cute.

I can't see them calling the flop bet with aq, so you are only beating that or a bluff imo.

Saying that you have put half your stack in so can you now fold and not shove??

Personally it depends who this player is to how I play there re-raise.

• edited July 2012

Well clicking call or allin on the turn is the same thing here.

• edited July 2012
    ^^ yes i know did not look at stacks before putting the poll up :P,

ref ur question he plays pretty tight/aggressive vs me and we just seem to cooler each other often getting it in AI pre flop. Im still figuring out his post flop play so other than bumping into each other from time to time, i don't notice him much tbh unless he sits to my left.
  • edited July 2012
    It's a tough one to comment on unless we know more about how you have played in 3bet pots?? any showdowns in 3b pots?? what sort of hands is he calling and not 4b with that we have seen, would he peel the flop with AQ or 9h Xh..

He could have a few 9's with FD picked up on the turn. he could have AQ if you think he might peel flop when you half pot. He is IP which means his range is a little wider, it is conceivable you are ahead. Although i'd expect him to call behind on turn with AQ. and posibbily raise/fold flop if he had 9 x
    BUT
    If you are playing fairly standard and haven't got too out of line, then he should not be bluffing this spot if he is the 'decent reg' you have advised us of. You are behind to all of his value range. So it's just a sick spot. Unless you have been 3betting wide and barrelling in which case now he could be jamming worse.

You just have to use your instincts and any metagame with villain in this spot. will be interesting to see what went down..
    fwiw i would deffo not have the ability to fold here if it was me in your spot, but when i'm withdrawn from the game i see it so much clearer and think it's a fold.
  • edited July 2012
    You call him a decent reg, if its who i think it is hes borderline horrendous, his bet sizing is almost comical
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50 vs Decent reg...facing turn r/r:
    You call him a decent reg, if its who i think it is hes borderline horrendous, his bet sizing is almost comical
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    i like you, straight to the point, yes i notice his sizing is pretty bad with any hand really, still confused me in game though.
  • edited July 2012

@ prinnyraid, he almost always 4-bets ak,AA, kk, QQ + few bluffs, will call ip with like AQ,AJ,A10, kqs, JJ,1010, ....and poss smaller pairs which i have seen him do and noted him as being a fish, BUT recently he has been playing more solid, well vs me anyways not seen a great deal of bad play from him.

p.s i cant be criticising bad play tbh, i have been playing pretty shi-tty tbh,... but i have had month off, and workin all day before sessions does not help , thats my excuse lol thanks to the fish for keeping me even moneys though lol

• edited July 2012
    @ prinnyraid, he almost always 4-bets ak,AA, kk, QQ + few bluffs, will call ip with like AQ,AJ,A10, kqs, JJ,1010, ....and poss smaller pairs which i have seen him do and noted him as being a fish, BUT recently he has been playing more solid, well vs me anyways not seen a great deal of bad play from him. p.s i cant be criticising bad play tbh, i have been playing pretty shi-tty tbh,... a month off, and workin all day before sessions does not help lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Well given that you should be calling then. With Crazybenda23 and your convo sounds like he's not so decent. That range above makes this a call.. and a sigh if he has 99, or gets there with 9 x hearts..
  • edited July 2012
    Lest say he wuould never shove turn with AQ, and would call 100% of the time with it (probably the correct line if he got this far with it tbh) so him shoving the turn sugests he has a house or.. f-k knows i cant think of a value hand that i am beating making this play, so its pretty polarised to a bluff or nuts, probably leaning more towards the nuts imo?
  • edited July 2012
    Lest say he wuould never shove turn with AQ, and would call 100% of the time with it (probably the correct line if he got this far with it tbh) so him shoving the turn sugests he has a house or.. f-k knows i cant think of a value hand that i am beating making this play, so its pretty polarised to a bluff or nuts, probably leaning more towards the nuts imo?
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    or 910hh but don't think so
    depends how bad oppo is or not to bluff here

oppo knows your not folding after putting in half our stack, so it's value all day
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50 vs Decent reg...facing turn r/r : or 910hh but don't think so depends how bad oppo is or not to bluff here  oppo knows your not folding after putting in half our stack,so it's value all day
    Posted by rancid
    12 is what i would bet if i was b/folding tbf, it would be ballsy to bluff here from villain point of view, and looking over the h/h its pretty obvious that he has a value hand that has me crushed.
  • edited July 2012
    well i click-called, pretty bummed that i did tbh, i just did not give myself a minute to think about it..he had 99, i could have put this down to a cooler hand but i was given an obvious lifeline to save some dosh on the turn, but i still called like a donk :).

thanks for reply guys. 
  • edited July 2012
    id reasses your definition of decent tbh, taking this line is horrendous with any hand
  • edited July 2012
    house or a q u decide its easy to say fold but harder to do tbh i would call here 
  • edited July 2012
    house or a q u decide its easy to say fold but harder to do tbh i would call here 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Why would he call the flop with aq unless he's proper spewy?
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: NL50 vs Decent reg...facing turn r/r : 12 is what i would bet if i was b/folding tbf, it would be ballsy to bluff here from villain point of view, and looking over the h/h its pretty obvious that he has a value hand that has me crushed.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    massive sigh b/f then, but oppo is giving u an ez fold :S
    funny thing is how oppo doesn't flat turn/shove or b/v river is beyond me

if you have oppo pegged as decent then it may look a bit like 910hh, but it's still spewy - still think semi bluff shoves turn if oppo is decent - but semi bluff is still blurrrrrrrrrrrrr
    outright float and bluff turn is ridic though isn't it :S

weird, meh

• edited July 2012
    to float 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    if oppo floats AQ on flop, oppo would not raise turn
  • edited July 2012
    to float 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yes but I don't like calling a 3 bet with aq, missing flop then calling a cbet, your going to lose alot that way imo.
  • edited July 2012
    i thought this was me .  lol

I'd call coz im julian spew.

What reg is it out of interest ?
  • edited July 2012
    Prob me lol. I'm as horrendous as they come according to CrazyBender :))))) plus WHOAMI's owned me the last few days (which is slowly changing ;) ).

(Though looking through HH, it isn't me :) )