You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

b/f the river?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
In game, i snapped off oppo's all in. Logic being I have a set I must be ahead.

Thinking back, maybe I could of played it different.

Thoughts?

Your hole cards77   KKripplerRaise £1.20£1.80£56.63XCall £1.00£2.80£59.01SJspanky1Fold    Flop  76Q   XBet £1.20£4.00£57.81KKripplerRaise £4.00£8.00£52.63XCall £2.80£10.80£55.01Turn  J   XCheck    KKripplerBet £8.80£19.60£43.83XCall £8.80£28.40£46.21River  10   XCheck    KKripplerBet £21.30£49.70£22.53XRaise £42.60£92.30£3.61KKripplerAll-in £22.53£114.83£0.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Obvi if we knew oppo it makes a difference because as you know there are a few at that level who would only ever raise river with a hand your not beating.

To be honest though mate it looks like you couldnt get away from it no matter what because if your up against a bigger set its always going in and if you have been outdrawn on the river by a fishy straight imo you can never bet fold it but at least if it is that you can take note and charge them the world in future because they would obviously pay it :) .

Unlucky mate imo.
  • edited July 2012
    As played imo.

If he has 89 or better set good luck to him.
  • edited July 2012
    Only thing that woud make sens is JJ or QQ. gl to him if he has that

89 very unlikley because of flop and turn action or at least youve done a  good enouh job of pricing him out with that. If hes got stubborn ul.
  • edited July 2012
    No notes on villain, seen him at tables but think he single tables these limits.

I know your priced into call the river check raise, but there are so few value hands villain has that i beat.

He can never have a bluff, im basically pot committed.

Is it crazy to fold, knowing that most/nearly all the time your behind.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: b/f the river?:
    No notes on villain, seen him at tables but think he single tables these limits. I know your priced into call the river check raise, but there are so few value hands villain has that i beat. He can never have a bluff, im basically pot committed. Is it crazy to fold, knowing that most/nearly all the time your behind.
    Posted by KKrippler
    nearly always behind? QJ, QT, he can easily have we beat, 66 is the same. Could have overplayed AQ easily.

AK is unlikley, 89 possible but is unlikley. JJ maybe, QQ maybe. We have 5th to nuts i dont think we're nearly always beat expessially readless.
  • edited July 2012
    I would love to think villian could check raise with AQ, but that never happens.

As for JQ/Q10 I think oppo is check/calling here not check/raising with those hands.

66 is one hand he can have.

Most players are extremely stingy with what there willing to get 100bs+ in, and part of me feels that bcause players are so tight, they may even c/c with 6,6 on the river.

• edited July 2012
    i can`t think of many hands that beat you unless he 89 chasing open ender or badly played ak that got there river.

but i think you played that hand fine your ul if you ran into a better set or opponent got lucky with hands i stated above but me personally i call they are hands in his range he could have like aq,kq, 2 pairs, btm set or just a complete bluff that we beat be interesting to know what he had ?
  • edited July 2012
    Villain had 8,9 off for the win.