You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL - Lost Value?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
How do you play this? I did feel like I was kind of telegraphing my hand a bit, although I would virtually always check to the pre-flop raiser and would be check raising with decent FDs and AQ.

Don't know if I lost value here but wanted to give myself the best chance of playing for stacks.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
WHITEADDER Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.58
  Your hole cards

trevor1954 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £12.95
soggy4004 Fold        
willo21 Fold        
GFKIJKLL Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £14.30
Lambert180 Call   £0.35 £1.00 £9.50
WHITEADDER Fold        
trevor1954 Fold        
Flop

• Q

Lambert180 Check        
GFKIJKLL Bet   £0.50 £1.50 £13.80
Lambert180 Raise   £1.15 £2.65 £8.35
GFKIJKLL Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £1.85   £10.20
Lambert180 Return   £0.65 £0.15 £10.85

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Raise or call is fine, but if you are calling you need to be prepared to make big folds in later streets
  • edited July 2012
    anyone sensible will have a tight range from the SB, just consider your image when raising, if i am in sb and i had  AQ, qj, flush draw, or flopped a set etc i think i would donk lead a wettish board like this. C/r is a strong move, donking looks weaker imo, just play around with different plays and see what works, gl. 
  • edited July 2012
    If you raise, make it more

• edited July 2012
    dnt like the min raise click back pretty much if im raising im making them pay on flush draws etc a q n so on im making this £1.60 minimum 
  • edited July 2012
    Not sure if you need to c/r because the btn range is so wide and he probly cbet folds alot here. Only hands he will call the c/r with are probably any TP / OP / 88-JJ maybe. And almost all of these would fire the turn. So its just a case of you eliminating the bluffs in his range which is obv not what you want to do. Quite a good spot to rep a FD / SD or weak pair with a c/c. This keeps him firing with better and worse adn in later streets you will be perceived to have alot of bluffs in your range so can get value when he hero calls you or plays back.
  • edited July 2012
    The only way to get value from here is to stop playing like a nit haha. Think, do you ever do anything like this with less than an amazing hand? Otherwise call down or just be happy about the pot as it is.