You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How are you supposed to win when your playing donks

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Seriously people say its easier against bad players but i dont no how. Im constantly getting it all in way ahead and losing.

Blinds 25/50 utg raises 100, i 3 bet to 300 everyone folds round to the utg who calls. My stack is 1700 and villian has 2000.

Flop 2d 4h 6d, the villian bets pot and i shove with QQ and villian tank calls Kh 7s and then binks a K

Blinds 300/600

My stack is 21,000 villian stack is 35,000.

I am on the button and raise to 1500 with AA and the button who has been a crazy agg re raises to 4000, so i just flat hoping he will go crazy on any flop.

Flop comes 5 9 J rainbow and 8300 on the pot and the big  blind bets 5000 and i ship 15000. Villain snap calls with 7 8 and gets there.

I have had a few wins but this is constantly happening and i just dont see how you can beat donks when they play so bad they seem to get rewarded

Comments

• edited July 2012
    And to top it off in the mini AK cant beat A8
  • edited July 2012
    Because over time you will win more than you lose.
  • edited July 2012
    Hand 1 - Yeah I hate it when people call my shove with 3 outs :(

Hand 2 - re-jam pre tbh, but that probably makes him fold (you'd think lol) and you don't want him to. I also hate when people 3bet me with 78 when I have AA :(

I also hate people playing A8 when I have AK...

Oh hang on... no, these are all dream situations ;)
  • edited July 2012
    AK can loose to A8 just as Man city can loose to wigan. It wont happen very often though
  • edited July 2012

"donks" are rarely drawing dead when you get it in against them... they have some sort of equity alot of the time when we get it in good. this may be as high as 49% or as low as 1%. But they will win some of the time...and sometimes they can win a few times in a row...

but overtime... u will win money providing u can get it in good often enough. Its an old cliche but BAD BEATS ARE GOOD because it means we have made the right decision, getting it in good. Never forget that!

• edited July 2012
    try playing versus non donks where you get it behind and see how you do

let's face it, thats your alternative

• edited July 2012
    When I get donked it means I've got it in ahead. When this happens, I go to sharkescope and input their poker name and check their results.Usually show a losing player. You get 5 free searches a day, well worth using as it can detilt you when you see how much they are losing in the long run with their donk play.
  • edited July 2012
    I've just scoped you davey and your results have a shark beside your name. I think you know a little bit more about the game than you are letting on.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: How are you supposed to win when your playing donks:
    I've just scoped you davey and your results have a shark beside your name. I think you know a little bit more about the game than you are letting on.
    Posted by Mohican
    I havent been playing that long and ive only had 2 big wins so not that great lol
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to How are you supposed to win when your playing donks:
    Seriously people say its easier against bad players but i dont no how. Im constantly getting it all in way ahead and losing. Blinds 25/50 utg raises 100, i 3 bet to 300 everyone folds round to the utg who calls. My stack is 1700 and villian has 2000. Flop 2d 4h 6d, the villian bets pot and i shove with QQ and villian tank calls Kh 7s and then binks a K Blinds 300/600 My stack is 21,000 villian stack is 35,000. I am on the button and raise to 1500 with AA and the button who has been a crazy agg re raises to 4000, so i just flat hoping he will go crazy on any flop. Flop comes 5 9 J rainbow and 8300 on the pot and the big  blind bets 5000 and i ship 15000. Villain snap calls with 7 8 and gets there. I have had a few wins but this is constantly happening and i just dont see how you can beat donks when they play so bad they seem to get rewarded
    Posted by daveyt86
    Isn't the answer simple? Do this ^
  • edited July 2012
    how can you win without donks 2nd hand you said you had 21k how did you get that? i doubt you had aces everyhand you got those chips by people gambling and losing to you
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to How are you supposed to win when your playing donks:
    Seriously people say its easier against bad players but i dont no how. Im constantly getting it all in way ahead and losing. Blinds 25/50 utg raises 100, i 3 bet to 300 everyone folds round to the utg who calls. My stack is 1700 and villian has 2000. Flop 2d 4h 6d, the villian bets pot and i shove with QQ and villian tank calls Kh 7s and then binks a K Blinds 300/600 My stack is 21,000 villian stack is 35,000. I am on the button and raise to 1500 with AA and the button who has been a crazy agg re raises to 4000, so i just flat hoping he will go crazy on any flop. Flop comes 5 9 J rainbow and 8300 on the pot and the big  blind bets 5000 and i ship 15000. Villain snap calls with 7 8 and gets there. I have had a few wins but this is constantly happening and i just dont see how you can beat donks when they play so bad they seem to get rewarded
    Posted by daveyt86
    Who is on the button??? Tbh if he is on the button which you imply he is, then he has played this hand very well and can never fold on this flop after putting so much in. Also flatting with aces out of posistion for 25% of your stack isnt good, you are basically saying here is three cards please hit but don't hit well enough to beat me!!? He hit a dream flop apart from actually flopping a str8 and got there. (He played this hand better than you, maybe that is where you are going wrong) If you are on the button then not getting it in with aces pre is criminal as you are getting called light by a crazy aggro player who wont believe you can possibly have a hand.