You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Awful Play By Me?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Looking Back this was probably awful play but the reason I raise on the flop is because I cannot give him credit for having 9X as i dont think he bets the pot with this hand. So I try and rep this hand (or 77-JJ) type hand. He then calls me (I think i make my raise too small?) and I have 3 options on the turn:

1) Give up on the hand - I dont like this as as I said I think he rarely has 9X as personally I think my raise looks strong so I think he would just try and get the money in there and then.
2) Shove - £5 pot and £5 im shoving (basically) so he only has to fold 1/2 times for this to be profitable, right? I think he will fold more than he calls. Also when he does call (like he did) i am likely to still have some outs.
3) bet about £3 - I get better odds on him folding as i am risking less but if he shoves it is awkward and i probably have the odds just to call so may aswell shove myself instead of allowing him to shove.

Thourghts Please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JackoG9Small blind £0.05£0.05£22.62
blindbobBig blind £0.10£0.15£10.01
 Your hole cards
  • Q

johnnyg22Fold    
UareLIMPERRaise £0.40£0.55£6.90
GrimmDarkFold    
BENDOG40Fold    
JackoG9Fold    
blindbobCall £0.30£0.85£9.71
Flop

blindbobBet £0.85£1.70£8.86
UareLIMPERRaise £2.13£3.83£4.77
blindbobCall £1.28£5.11£7.58
Turn

blindbobCheck    
UareLIMPERAll-in £4.77£9.88£0.00
blindbobCall £4.77£14.65£2.81
blindbobShow

UareLIMPERShow
  • Q

River

UareLIMPERWinStraight to the 10£13.55 £13.55

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I'd probz fold to the donk bet readless
    I prefer check back turn readless

• edited July 2012
    Fold pre calling with q10 out of position can get you into a lot of trouble.  Im definately not donk leading this flop as we can rep nothing then when he raisies the flop you decide to call the reraise with q high out of position with no plan for the turn then call the allin with q high.  Not having a dig at you just advising that playing the hand like this will get you into so much trouble.
  • edited July 2012
    this goes under the heading "why do people go crazy on paired flops?"
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Awful Play By Me?:
    Fold pre calling with q10 out of position can get you into a lot of trouble.  Im definately not donk leading this flop as we can rep nothing then when he raisies the flop you decide to call the reraise with q high out of position with no plan for the turn then call the allin with q high.  Not having a dig at you just advising that playing the hand like this will get you into so much trouble.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Thanks for the advice but you have misread the hand history. I didnt call pre, I was the aggressor all the way through the hand lol!
  • edited July 2012
    I'd probz fold to the donk bet readless I prefer check back turn readless
    Posted by percival09
    Ok thanks, I prob should have just folded flop or mabye raised bigger.

• edited July 2012
    this goes under the heading "why do people go crazy on paired flops?"
    Posted by simonnatur
    Lol yer haha, I just think he rarely has a 9 and I wanted to push him off. 

The reason for all in is i picked up some outs on the turn.