You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

6;15 Deepstack

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi friends delighted to share my biggest tournament win so far, all £9 in the 6;15 deepstack, I really enjoyed it tonight as it was a little different to the deepstacks that I've played in so far.

Players like TENOFSPADE would have cleaned this one out it was untrue, 3 players went out fairly early on then I was left with about 4000 chips vs the last 2 that had 12000 each or thereabouts

Anyway these were simply playing every hand and never folded once I was amazed and got to a point where I was frightened to bet simply because I knew that whatever I had they'd find a way past it, I even had AA at one point and raised correctly only for player X to call repeatedly and take the hand with 3 of a kind 3s.

Anyway I decided I had enough to make it to the hour 5 minute break and after it started to dawn on me that I could play these two aswell as let themselves play each other out of the tournament, I managed to build my stack back up to within 3000 chips of the leader and then it happened, they both went all in on each other and one of them went out, meaning that plan A had worked a treat and I knew now that I could win against the player that was left.

By now I was chip leader for the first and only time in the tourny, and decided now was the time to play the aggressive heads up style that I've picked up from Tikay and the crew on 865 and in the end it came home for me so as you can probably tell from this post I'm very pleased with my game this evening, and have even more faith in the patient style that I use.

Anyway thats all for now, I'm off to lose it no doubt in the next tournament

Comments