You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board.

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #545453465 (15:26 24/07/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebolly580Small blind £0.10£0.10£26.06W_MerkillBig blind £0.20£0.30£20.24kimmo12Big blind £0.20£0.50£11.80 Your hole cardsQA   FORDYCERaise £0.80£1.30£22.72BigHawk89Call £0.80£2.10£24.33kimmo12Fold    FiloFold    bolly580Fold    W_MerkillFold    Flop  5710   FORDYCEBet £1.20£3.30£21.52BigHawk89Call £1.20£4.50£23.13Turn  5   FORDYCECheck    BigHawk89Bet £3.00£7.50£20.13FORDYCECall £3.00£10.50£18.52River  6   FORDYCEAll-in £18.52£29.02£0.00

Comments

• edited July 2012

LOL at villians line.
    Looks like he has just jammed with the house hoping you think it looks like a bluff because he's surely never shoving for value with worse.
    Opponent looks pretty bad so if I was you I would call, make notes and move on.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board.:
    LOL at villians line. Looks like he has just jammed with the house hoping you think it looks like a bluff because he's surely never shoving for value with worse. Opponent looks pretty bad so if I was you I would call, make notes and move on.
    Posted by Curt360x27
     The villian is a nitty reg, this change your river decision?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board. :  The villian is a nitty reg, this change your river decision?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    If he is a bad reg, then he is probably never capable of having a bluff here. If he can never have a bluff, then he can also never be shoving for value with worse.
    So yeah a fold here is the right move although it is pretty frustrating to have to lay it down.
  • edited July 2012
    Raise pre,   Raise flop.

As played,   easy fold v this guy.  Never ever good.

Edit:   There is a super low chance he had kings with the diamond,  and coz you under repped your hand so bad he could think hes good.   Very unlikely tho.
  • edited July 2012
    Raise pre,   Raise flop. As played,   easy fold v this guy.  Never ever ever good. Edit:   There is a super low chance he had kings with the diamond,  and coz you under repped your hand so bad he could think hes good.   Very unlikely tho.
    Posted by 1267
    Thats the only hand i put him on that i could beat but i dont understand why he would overshove the river with that hand surely it would be a check call or just a small V-bet.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board. : Thats the only hand i put him on that i could beat but i dont understand why he would overshove the river with that hand surely it would be a check call or just a small V-bet.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    If he only overshoves with the absolute nuts, then it will be too easy to play against him.   He should be overshoving his bluffs aswell every now and then to keep opponents guessing and give himself the image of shoving a massive bluff (when he gets called one time ) , making himself more likely to get called in the future (when he does have the nuts) .  But this reg is never ever bluffing here  IMO.
    Your only beating Kings, but i'd bet money on him having 10s or even quad 5s.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board. : Thats the only hand i put him on that i could beat but i dont understand why he would overshove the river with that hand surely it would be a check call or just a small V-bet.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    It's very unlikely he has KK with a diamond because if he happy shoving this river, then he would have continued to betting on the turn.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board. : It's very unlikely he has KK with a diamond because if he happy shoving this river, then he would have continued to betting on the turn.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    i mis-read the hand, i thought he did continue on the turn.

So ye, basically you are beating absolutely nothing and are never ever ever good here.   I would fall of my chair if he was bluffing.    
    Super strange line from him, don't really understand.   Each to their own i guess.

I'm guessing you did fold hawk ?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Hero fold or easy call NL20? Nutflush on paired board. : If he only overshoves with the absolute nuts, then it will be too easy to play against him.   He should be overshoving his bluffs aswell every now and then to keep opponents guessing and give himself the image of shoving a massive bluff (when he gets called one time ) , making himself more likely to get called in the future (when he does have the nuts) .  But this reg is never ever bluffing here  IMO. Your only beating Kings, but i'd bet money on him having 10s or even quad 5s.
    Posted by 1267
    THIS^
  • edited July 2012
    yeah defo think your beat vs this opponent m8 like 1267 said likely he has 1010/77 or quads played with him quite a lot in the past dont think he raises with 98dd either so imo hes never bluffing.

did you call ?

• edited July 2012
    has it or bluff

saving money by folding long term versus oppo imo, probably got 89dd )