You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct Bet Sizing?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi, another cash game hand.Just wondering if my bet sizing was correct, I feel I played it Ok just only got it into a flip. I dont like flips usually and was wondering if it was avoidable here?
Also I have left the player name in, if you want it removing please say but I left it in because I know he posts a lot on the forum and wanted to get his view on what I had and wether I turned my hand face up.
Thanks
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceTED75Small blind £0.10£0.10£10.75UareLIMPERBig blind £0.20£0.30£28.25 Your hole cardsAK   kcuddedooFold    andybethFold    StevieR754Fold    rancidRaise £0.60£0.90£15.88TED75Fold    UareLIMPERRaise £2.00£2.90£26.25rancidCall £1.60£4.50£14.28Flop  947   UareLIMPERBet £3.38£7.88£22.87rancidAll-in £14.28£22.16£0.00UareLIMPERRaise £21.80£43.96£1.07UareLIMPERUnmatched bet £10.90£33.06£11.97UareLIMPERShowAK   rancidShow88   Turn  Q   River  J   rancidWinPair of 8s£31.40 £31.40

Comments

• edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    I think you played it fine... pretty standard line although you can bet flop a little smaller.

Rancid's play is a little crazy but if he thinks he is ahead on the flop and wants to go with his hand then shoving > calling for me as he is short and needs to protect his hand somewhat. Although its a little spewy and a bit of a tourney play tbh.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Correct Bet Sizing?:
    I think you played it fine... pretty standard line although you can bet flop a little smaller. Rancid's play is a little crazy but if he thinks he is ahead on the flop and wants to go with his hand then shoving /> calling for me as he is short and needs to protect his hand somewhat. Although its a little spewy and a bit of a tourney play tbh.
    Posted by WHOAMI196

Thanks, reason for big flop bet was I was hoping not to get into a flipping situation. 

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Correct Bet Sizing?:
    I think you played it fine... pretty standard line although you can bet flop a little smaller. Rancid's play is a little crazy but if he thinks he is ahead on the flop and wants to go with his hand then shoving > calling for me as he is short and needs to protect his hand somewhat. Although its a little spewy and a bit of a tourney play tbh.
    Posted by WHOAMI196

+1 dats me )