You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Olympics Thread

edited July 2012 in The Shed
Not long to go now, all the moaning about cost, congestion, security cannot hide that this is a monumentous event. It would be nice to talk about the sporting events as they happen and hopefully loads of team GB sucess!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to The Olympics Thread:
    Not long to go now, all the moaning about cost, congestion, security cannot hide that this is a monumentous event. It would be nice to talk about the sporting events as they happen and hopefully loads of team GB sucess!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    So it all kicks off tonight with the first womens footy games, GB vs New Zealand. Will be interesting to see how many tickets have been sold. In honesty having looked at footy tickets they are totally overpriced, not surprising to see that there are hundreds of thousands unsold.

Also strange that the footy comp starts before the opening ceremony but understandable given how long it takes to stage the world cup/euros.

Go team GB.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm off to Old Trafford tomorrow to watch the Men's Football. The two games I'm watching are UAE v Uruguay and Team GB v Senegal.

I wasn't too fussed about going to any Olympic events, but my mate organised it ages ago. I'm actually really looking forward to it now, spending the night in Manchester too.

But yeh it feels weird it being on before the opening ceremony.

Anyone else going to any events?
  • edited July 2012
    What an opening ceremony, I dont usually have the attention span to watch these long tedious events but was glued to the telly last night. It was original, funny, historical and contemporary all rolled into one.

Not sure what the rest of the world made of it, but mr bean playing one note on chariots of fire was hilarious! I thought that olympic cauldron was a bit out of place, be a bit offputting for the javelin and discus throwers although apparently its going to be moved before the athletics begin.

Today, gold medal oppurtunity in the cycling, mark cavendish, go go go!

As for the footy, GB where highly disapointing. IMO Gareth Bale should be fined and not allowed to play for spurs during the olympics. Saying you are injured when picked for the olympics and then playing in a pre season game shows how professional footballers dont get or respect the olympics. And seriously David Beckham wouldnt have something to offer the team after their awful performance the other night?