You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

first hand in the mini

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceNutter5932Small blind 20.0020.003980.00Chezzy30Big blind 40.0060.003960.00 Your hole cardsQQ   steelrodRaise 120.00180.003880.00ocbhoy1990Fold    MILDRED1Fold    Nutter5932Raise 340.00520.003640.00Chezzy30Fold    steelrodRaise 480.001000.003400.00Nutter5932All-in 3640.004640.000.00steelrodAll-in 3400.008040.000.00Nutter5932ShowAK   steelrodShowQQ   Flop  78J   Turn  Q   River  10   Nutter5932WinStraight to the Ace8040.00 8040.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    thats cruel unlucky !
  • edited July 2012
    Why are you getting it all in pre fisrt hand in a deepie with queens??
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: first hand in the mini:
    Why are you getting it all in pre fisrt hand in a deepie with queens??
    Posted by Batkin88
    Because as well as AA and KK, people will call with JJ-99 maybe even 88 and so you should win (hahahaha) 4 out of 6 of those hands and they will call with AK - A8s so you are 70/30 fav in 5 of those 6 hands and 53/47 in the other AND call with KQ - K10s another 3 hands that you are 70/30 fav. So in total, if the mathematics is correct and I have got the odds right, you are likely to be called by 15 hands and you should(hahahaha) win (insert correct figure here -where is Irish Rover when you need him)) but it is a lot more than 50%. If you know that you are getting it in when you are likely to be a lot better than 50/50, why wouldn't you?

The other player is a successful player on Sky and was happy to get it in, because he knows that many players will get it in with many of the hands he is crushing or racing against.

Is that all correct - and what has that got to do with the price of fish?
  • edited July 2012
    Players are not calling with all them hands in a deepstack, or any tournament tbf. If they are then they should stop playing thereselves
  • edited July 2012
    yes have to agree with Batkin no need to risk the lot on the first hand with QQ when blinds only 30 a flat call then shove on the flop would of been the better option your just leaving it to fate that he dosnt hit one of his overs giving him 5 cards to do it. Avoid shoves pre unless its later in the torny or you have a bigger stack so if you do lose you still have a chance to get back in the game and not exit.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah this looks like a fairly basic fold for me at these levels, although far for me to judge i think the villian has done a massive risk with AK here, only getting called when crushed imo. Although we did call with QQ here.

And fwiw the range assigned by Maggiesdad i think is completely wrong, i cant see nutter ever getting most of that in pre for 100BB.

Oppos range imo JJ-AA, AK

Easy fold as a result.
  • edited July 2012
    Its the 1st level of the mini, you have QQ and your opponent 4 bets all in. Does AA and KK 4 bet all in there? 4 bet yes but not all in, there is still plenty of room to maneuver. So for me the 4 bet seems weaker than aces or kings but probably what it is AK or even AQ. Therefore with QQ, call every time. Does it matter if its the first level, or first hand, if your opponents cards were face up would you call or say i'd rather give up my 480 chips i've already invested cus i'm scared of going bhind. You are ahead, well ahead, call every time. As for the outcome, **** happens, wot u gonna do?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: first hand in the mini:
    Its the 1st level of the mini, you have QQ and your opponent 4 bets all in. Does AA and KK 4 bet all in there? 4 bet yes but not all in, there is still plenty of room to maneuver. So for me the 4 bet seems weaker than aces or kings but probably what it is AK or even AQ. Therefore with QQ, call every time. Does it matter if its the first level, or first hand, if your opponents cards were face up would you call or say i'd rather give up my 480 chips i've already invested cus i'm scared of going bhind. You are ahead, well ahead, call every time. As for the outcome, **** happens, wot u gonna do?
    Posted by memfno
    Im not scared im behind. However we have to look at a range and lets face it, it doesnt look good for us. Its also a 5bet shove which AA/KK would do. Reasons simple, we've raised UTG and then 4bet. AA/KK will be comfortable that we will call most of the time now. Also a small 5bet will often put our hand face up.

AQ is possilbe so is AK and JJ which we beat. KK/AA also make up this range.

So i think a range of JJ+ AQ+ might be fair, player dependant of coarse.

I think we have to also give respect to who our opponent is here and they will have a pretty strong range on us aswell id imagine Therefore i think we can almost rule out jacks, i think most average joes fold tens in this spot. Again i might be wrong. Id also expect our opponent if hes read us to be treating us like an average Joe unless he knows us.

Therefore imo QQ is a fold. Flipping at best unless were lucky and theyve player JJ/AQ to strongly and got stubborn. And even then do we need to flip this early in a tournament, im all for flipping but we're going to find far better spots.