You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's the point

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
skintiteSmall blind 150.00150.004040.00
GREENIENO_Big blind 300.00450.002650.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

LeggiFold    
GoosenRaise 900.001350.003955.00
gez_bearFold    
ziggy01Call 900.002250.006522.50
skintiteFold    
GREENIENO_Fold    
Flop

• A

GoosenBet 1125.003375.002830.00
ziggy01Call 1125.004500.005397.50
Turn

GoosenAll-in 2830.007330.000.00
ziggy01Call 2830.0010160.002567.50
GoosenShow
  • K
  • A

ziggy01Show

River

ziggy01WinFlush to the Ace10160.00 
Last 30 in the £1,500 B/H!! Absolute bollocksss

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Sometimes you can play a hand perfect and still lose. Be happy that you got all your money in with him drawing.
  • edited July 2012
    Ul fella, i thought you played the hand very well,

If oppo is going to play 67s there is no way he`s folding to a shove on that board.

He had outs, any 5 any 9 or any spade, as above poster says,you got money in good and he needed to hit,

Run better.
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point:
    Ziggy0donk
    Posted by GR4SSY
    Inspired first post fella, I await your next one with anticipation.
  • edited July 2012
    Reall UL but unlike above posts I don't think this hand was played well. 3x open out of a 16 big stack is way too big and then hitting the board and half potting is not very good at all.
    Open shove pre or min open and %75 to shove flop.
    However this is still very UL
  • edited July 2012
    Reall UL but unlike above posts I don't think this hand was played well. 3x open out of a 16 big stack is way too big and then hitting the board and half potting is not very good at all. Open shove pre or min open and %75 to shove flop. However this is still very UL
    Posted by Batkin88
    3x open against this player wasn't bad at all. Betting half pot against his range was good all the way.Knew exactly where i was & that he was calling with anything. Quite happy to play you £100 heads up/ sit and go if your all that. 10 min blinds.. Yeah?
  • edited July 2012
    Reall UL but unlike above posts I don't think this hand was played well. 3x open out of a 16 big stack is way too big and then hitting the board and half potting is not very good at all. Open shove pre or min open and %75 to shove flop. However this is still very UL
    Posted by Batkin88
    Agreed that 750 is probably a better raise pre but 3x with 16bbs is fine as long as you are not folding when reraised/jammed on.
    1/2 potting flop is fine as it sets up the turn shove. If the geezer hadn't picked up a flush draw, it's unlikely he'd call turn jam but you've got a half pot bet outta him on the flop. Jamming flop, although taking the pot down there and then gets rid of the gutshot probably and you lose value.Getting value from your big hands is the way you make serious progress in poker.
    Open jamming 16bbs pre is bad as you fold all the hands you're ahead of, weaker Aces, suited connectors etc.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point : Agreed that 750 is probably a better raise pre but 3x with 16bbs is fine as long as you are not folding when reraised/jammed on. 1/2 potting flop is fine as it sets up the turn shove. If the geezer hadn't picked up a flush draw, it's unlikely he'd call turn jam but you've got a half pot bet outta him on the flop. Jamming flop, although taking the pot down there and then gets rid of the gutshot probably and you lose value.Getting value from your big hands is the way you make serious progress in poker. Open jamming 16bbs pre is bad as you fold all the hands you're ahead of, weaker Aces, suited connectors etc.
    Posted by Mohican
    +1 mate
  • edited July 2012
    Or....and this is not about Sky Poker specifically, which is no better or worse than any other site, we can acknowledge that Random Card Generators are designed for ACTION and not accuracy ( eg, deal out cards that are proportionate to the mathematics). Of course this will be greeted with - oh losing player moans, blah blah - but I no longer write about my own experiences. IT IS BASED ON THE FACT THAT THERE ARE A DISPROPORTIONATE AMOUNT OF OUTDRAWS ACROSS ALL SITES THAT MATHEMATICS CANNOT SUPPORT.  So therefore there must be another reason. Now I am not clever enough to know what it is other than its is to produce more profits for the site. And before anyone gives me the "more hands on line than live" line, I AM TALKING ABOUT PROPORTIONAL OUTDRAWS. And before the "well why do you bother if you don't think it is straight" arguement is raised, I consider the money that I spend on playing online poker as money on entertainment - in the same way as I go for a meal or to see a band and so am not expecting a true game. Oh yes and the " you forget about the times when you outdraw others" angle only goes to support what I am saying not contradict it.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to It's not the play OR the player....:
    Or....and this is not about Sky Poker specifically, which is no better or worse than any other site, we can acknowledge that Random Card Generators are designed for ACTION and not accuracy ( eg, deal out cards that are proportionate to the mathematics). Of course this will be greeted with - oh losing player moans, blah blah - but I no longer write about my own experiences. IT IS BASED ON THE FACT THAT THERE ARE A DISPROPORTIONATE AMOUNT OF OUTDRAWS ACROSS ALL SITES THAT MATHEMATICS CANNOT SUPPORT.  So therefore there must be another reason. Now I am not clever enough to know what it is other than its is to produce more profits for the site. And before anyone gives me the "more hands on line than live" line, I AM TALKING ABOUT PROPORTIONAL OUTDRAWS. And before the "well why do you bother if you don't think it is straight" arguement is raised, I consider the money that I spend on playing online poker as money on entertainment - in the same way as I go for a meal or to see a band and so am not expecting a true game. Oh yes and the " you forget about the times when you outdraw others" angle only goes to support what I am saying not contradict it.
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    It's a game you silly bollockss
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: It's not the play OR the player....:
    In Response to It's not the play OR the player.... : It's a game you silly bollockss
    Posted by Goosen
    So I go to the trouble of giving you a reply ( in a topic YOU called "what's the point" ) and thats the response, quality.....
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: It's not the play OR the player....:
    In Response to Re: It's not the play OR the player.... : So I go to the trouble of giving you a reply ( in a topic YOU called "what's the point" ) and thats the response, quality.....
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    lol
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point : 3x open against this player wasn't bad at all. Betting half pot against his range was good all the way.Knew exactly where i was & that he was calling with anything. Quite happy to play you £100 heads up/ sit and go if your all that. 10 min blinds.. Yeah?
    Posted by Goosen
    Lol a bit childish sir. I am never one to turn down a game and am quite happy to accept your pathetic attempt at intimidating me. Why £100 is that to show you are happy to play mid stake games?? Or do you think that £100 again would intimidate me? I will play you heads up for £1 up to £1000 doesn't bother me just PM me and we can sort out a date and time. (I want more than just one game though variance and all, so best of 11 or something along them lines.
    Also you played this hand bad, you gave him every opportunity to beat/outdraw you which is going to cost you dear in MTT's. I don't claim to be a pro but have a pretty solid MTT record so pretty happy I know what I am talking about.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point : Agreed that 750 is probably a better raise pre but 3x with 16bbs is fine as long as you are not folding when reraised/jammed on. 1/2 potting flop is fine as it sets up the turn shove. If the geezer hadn't picked up a flush draw, it's unlikely he'd call turn jam but you've got a half pot bet outta him on the flop. Jamming flop, although taking the pot down there and then gets rid of the gutshot probably and you lose value.Getting value from your big hands is the way you make serious progress in poker. Open jamming 16bbs pre is bad as you fold all the hands you're ahead of, weaker Aces, suited connectors etc.
    Posted by Mohican
    Jammng 16 bigs pre is fine, you bet half pot on the flop and then the turn comes an ace, you still shoving? or it pairsthe board? getting value from hands is obv what makes you good but you are going to get outdrawn playing big hands so odd like here. Open 3x and then half pot out of a 16 big stack is pretty poor, if you are opening that big just shove, if that flop came AK 6 what happens then? or even if it comes A 2 7 rainbow? You stacking off on that flop with 2nd pair.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to It's not the play OR the player....:
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    When you say WE can acknowledge that the rng is designed for action not accuracy Who is we ? You and your mate ?
    I have never seen or heard any concrete proof of this and I am sure I would have if it had been widely acknowledged.
    So when your opening statement is trying to mislead and infact false, the rest of what you are saying doesn't really hold up. 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point : Jammng 16 bigs pre is fine, you bet half pot on the flop and then the turn comes an ace, you still shoving? or it pairsthe board? getting value from hands is obv what makes you good but you are going to get outdrawn playing big hands so odd like here. Open 3x and then half pot out of a 16 big stack is pretty poor, if you are opening that big just shove, if that flop came AK 6 what happens then? or even if it comes A 2 7 rainbow? You stacking off on that flop with 2nd pair.
    Posted by Batkin88
    It isn't fine. You'll only ever get action from hands that are beating you/flipping with. Taking a flip vs JJ is fine but if you jam 16bb's, 76 is never calling and you lose a lot of value.
     I wouldn't but this player called off on a gutshot, best value in the world, so its likely second pair would've been good enough for him.And even if he folds to your C-bet, you got some chips from him pre flop. Jammimg you would have got him to fold,losing value.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: What's the point : It isn't fine. You'll only ever get action from hands that are beating you/flipping with. Taking a flip vs JJ is fine but if you jam 16bb's, 76 is never calling and you lose a lot of value.  I wouldn't but this player called off on a gutshot, best value in the world, so its likely second pair would've been good enough for him.And even if he folds to your C-bet, you got some chips from him pre flop. Jammimg you would have got him to fold,losing value.
    Posted by Mohican
    Someone that clearly knows what they're talking about. 
    Your wrong Batkin. End of
  • edited July 2012
    As you are replying like a child I am no longer going to continue with this thread, wish you the best at the tables keep playing like that and your stats will continue to be as good as they currently are.

Mohican you make fair points but you are blinded by a general style of play, 10 bigs shove extract anything over 8's it will work but not against decent players. The hand above is played bad IMO end of.
    Consider the other players stack sizes when shoving here, a few are shorter so they are not folding ace high hands KQ KJ  type hands.
  • edited July 2012
    Got to say calling someone a silly ***** because they have a different thought on how you played your hand isn't doing you any favours.
    Mohican and Batkin have explained their theries intelligently and with reason .We have not heard yours yet apart from name calling.
  • edited July 2012
    As you are replying like a child I am no longer going to continue with this thread, wish you the best at the tables keep playing like that and your stats will continue to be as good as they currently are. Mohican you make fair points but you are blinded by a general style of play, 10 bigs shove extract anything over 8's it will work but not against decent players. The hand above is played bad IMO end of. Consider the other players stack sizes when shoving here, a few are shorter so they are not folding ace high hands KQ KJ  type hands.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Haha what a weapon this girl is. Your a nobody, end of. See you at Notts, that's if you can qualify lol!
    After 450 odd games, i'm more than happy to be £2k up.

You've binked a couple of MTT'S...Well done flower