You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what should i do diff

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
mak68 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.10
CAPITALISM Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £34.93
 Your hole cards

daragh1980 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £27.99
ChirpyChip Raise  £1.40 £2.30 £37.91
Whizzewky Call  £1.40 £3.70 £16.90
DrRunGood Call  £1.40 £5.10 £23.08
mak68 Call  £1.30 £6.40 £18.80
CAPITALISM Fold     
daragh1980 Call  £0.80 £7.20 £27.19
Flop

mak68 Check     
daragh1980 Check     
ChirpyChip Check     
Whizzewky Check     
DrRunGood Bet  £5.40 £12.60 £17.68
mak68 Fold     
daragh1980 Fold     
ChirpyChip Call  £5.40 £18.00 £32.51
Whizzewky Fold     
Turn

ChirpyChip Check     
DrRunGood Check     
River

ChirpyChip Bet  £9.00 £27.00 £23.51
DrRunGood Call  £9.00 £36.00 £8.68
ChirpyChip Show
  • J
  • Q

DrRunGood Muck

ChirpyChip Win Straight to the Queen £34.20

i know in my heart i should have shoved on flop but put it out for advice thanks

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I think you played it well on the flop, thats a nice size bet for that board. Remember you need to squeeze as much value as you can out of your sets so we dont want everyone to just fold. When it's four handed to the flop and there is a FD, there is a reasonable chance somebody has c/c the FD so I presume that's why you checked back the turn. But as we get checked to IP on turn you could make another ~1/2 pot bet, it would then be hard for oppo to lead the river with anything that doesn't beat you. As well you want calls from top pair or overpairs with the FD. Unlucky on river, I wonder if he makes tries to steal it on the river if no 8 or k comes?! Remember to take names out of these aswell it's a courtesy to the players discretion. 
  • edited July 2012
    Dont shove flop here ever IMO!

You want people to pay when you hit a set with this many people. I think your bet on the flop is good. I would be looking to get it all in on the turn, I very much doubt that many players call there with a flush draw as the pot is so big. What other hand are you scared of?

Obviouly seeing the cards makes it easy but I really doubt anyone plays a flush draw by calling there. 
  • edited July 2012
    shuve the turn for sure, If he is drawing makes it a very hard call, and if he has by chanc ehit his flush, you still have re draws for the FH.

Also, if he is loose and calls his draw to maybe one spade, or indeed what he had a lot of the time you will be good and like i said still have a re draw with the house!

any thoughts folks?
  • edited July 2012
    sorry i meant shove turn not flop lol but looking at it again i should fold river
  • edited July 2012
    nice bet on the flop. checking on the turn slows it down and allows you to lose the least - but if you bet the turn you don't make it easy for him to chase his straight. If you get reraised you can call with your fh outs and fold the river if need be, and not lose much more than the line taken, but with more opportunities of taking it down.