You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Grand Final Satellites/Direct buy in etc.

SPTSPT
edited August 2012 in The Sky Poker Tour
Posted on Gen Chat today

SPT Grand Final Satellite structures

As we speak, a proposed new satellite structure for the SPT Grand Final is being designed, & if approved by the big suit blokes, will be introduced as & from Monday. I will advise before then, as soon as I hear.

It will be, sort of, similar to the Viva Las Vegas satellites.

Daily micro satellites will feed in to a nightly quarter-final (1 in 5), and that in turn will feed into a weekly (Sunday evening) Semi-Final, with a 1 in 5 structure. 

That will give us five Semi-Finals, assuming it gets the green light, being Sundays August 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th, & September 2nd. 

INITIALLY it will be on a trial basis if it goes ahead - probably just next week - but if it works, it'll stay.

More when I hear it.   

A few other matters raised in the thread.....

Direct Buy-Ins.

It is likely that Directs will be available from around August 6th.

Enough seats for the regulars, the "Community"?

Absolutely. If we need to up capacity at the Venue, we can do so easily, they have plenty of capacity, & we have left the door open to increase if need be.

Seats not going fast enough, it will not fill?

Whilst not complacent, we currently have no worries on that score. August will be quiet Online (Olympics, School Jollies, Weather), but it wil pick up in the week or 10 days before the Event. On every SPT Grand Final we have ever held, & many of the regular SPT's, demand remains low until near the date, & then everyone wants a seat, & we usually end up having to say "no".

"Outsiders" winning or buying Seats via Directs?

We have to adrress several criteria with SPT. First & foremost, our loyal regulars & Community Members always get first dibs, but we also need to attract new players to the Site, & SPT is one of the means used for that. 

If you agree with all of that, I'll take the credit. If you don't, I'll blame the Suits, or SPT Rich. Seems reasonable, yes?

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited July 2012
    Sky Poker have re-designed the SPT Satellite structure, & it will change with immediate effect - as of now, today.

The new structure will be as follows....

SPT Micro-Sats

£3.60 buy-in. Scheduled to run throughout the day, & these feed into the nightly Quarter-Final, 1 in 5 structure.

SPT Quarter Final.

£16 buy-in. These will run nightly at 9.30pm, EXCEPT on Sunday, whern they will run at 7pm. 1 in 5 structure.

SPT Semi-Final

£72 buy-in (or via satellites, as above). Every Sunday evening @ 9.30pm. 1 in 5 structure.  

The Micro Sats are in the Lobby NOW, the first one today is at 13.25, & there are SIX of them scheduled for today.

The first SPT Quarter-Final is scheduled for 9.30pm TONIGHT, £16 to enter direct, or qualify via the Micro-sats.
  • edited July 2012
  • edited August 2012
    Only just found this post and a few others regarding this subject. I did see there were a fair few asking for a 1 in 5 satellite structure. However, Im sure there must be a few on here who actually preferred the 1 in 10 as it played rather like a sit n go. Are there any plans to run anymore 1 in 10 events for the grand final. Have you guys had any feedback with regards to the new structure that is being trialled?
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2012
    Well the volume of requests beforehand indicated a preference for 1 to 5

The first week's Semi produced nine qualifiers

Interested to hear all feedback, of course...
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2012
    Direct buy in for £330 opens today in the Sky Poker Tournament lobby
  • edited August 2012
    will there be any direct satellites between now and nottingham for those of us who are unable to play on sunday evenings at the moment
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2012
    This Sunday's Semi-final, then the Live Satellite next Thursday night, and direct buy in are the current opportunities to get into the Grand Final I am afraid
  • edited August 2012
    What happened to the £9 winner takes all sats?
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT Grand Final Satellites/Direct buy in etc.:
    What happened to the £9 winner takes all sats?
    Posted by jamielou
    Are these gonna run again or any sats where you can win a seat on the night?? due to work I can't play the semi's on a Sunday and these would be ideal for me totry to win a seat. tx.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2012
    I gather there are plans for a supersat mid next week, win a seat on the night

Details when I get them