You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

******BEST GIG EVER******

edited November 2009 in The Shed

does anyone think that knebworth isn't the best ever?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I saw Oasis,Ocean colour scene and the Prodigy at knebworth........its a brilliant venue and it was a brilliant event.

I'm off to the O2 in december to see Depeche Mode. I've never been there so dont know what its like
  • edited November 2009
    no  the  boss   bruce  springstein   roundhay     park   in  1980s
  • edited November 2009
    don't think it is as good as it's hyped to be ..... best gigf i ever went to was 1 of 2 .... greenday at the bowl in milton keynes which they turned into a dvd & limp bizkit at finnsbury park was pretty special too ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to ******BEST GIG EVER******:
    does anyone think that knebworth isn't the best ever?
    Posted by webby234
    Give us a clue!? Knebworth is a place lol

My best gig ever was Royal Albert Hall ;-)

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: ******BEST GIG EVER******:
    don't think it is as good as it's hyped to be ..... best gigf i ever went to was 1 of 2 .... greenday at the bowl in milton keynes which they turned into a dvd & limp bizkit at finnsbury park was pretty special too ;)
    Posted by margatemaf

Madness were good at Finsbury park when they called it madstock
  • edited November 2009
    My favourite multi act gig/festival thingy is the original Woodstock festival.

That I've heard on official release, The Who Live At Leeds, or Bob Dylan, Manchester Free Trade Hall 1966.
    That I've attended, either Eric Clapton London 1990 (the blues night at the Royal Albert Hall) or Neil Young Amsterdam 2008 or Bob Dylan, Taormina 2001.

The O2 is a nightmare I'm afraid, an absolutely huge shed with very poor acoustics. You get your moneys worth though as you'll hear every note played or sung 3 times as it bounces all over the place.
  • edited November 2009
    either Eric Clapton London 1990 (the blues night at the Royal Albert Hall)
    Posted by booboo69
    Jammy booger! I make do with the bootlegs
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: ******BEST GIG EVER****** : Madness were good at Finsbury park when they called it madstock
    Posted by COCASIRF

i didn't manage to get there buddy!! was well gutted a few of my friends went and said it was awesome!!
  • edited November 2009

Hi Guys,
    Ok now its my turn,
    I took my 9 year old daughter(for her birthday)1994 to see Take That at sheffield arena and to be fair, they were excellent.
    I also saw Andre Bocelli at newcastle arena, with a full orchestra and it was very emotional.
    You now have my permission to mock

col

• edited November 2009
    Dumpy's Rusty's Nuts at the old Mildenhall speedway stadium.

You haven't lived if you haven't seen Dumpy's Rusty's Nuts ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to ******BEST GIG EVER****** : Give us a clue!? Knebworth is a place lol My best gig ever was Royal Albert Hall ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    oooops lol, robbie wiliams at knebworth is and will always be the best ever imo
  • edited November 2009
    Only ever bin to one festival of music type thing ..Monsters of rock donnington park earlly to mid 80s

Hawkwind
    Gilan
    The Quo
    Saxon (i think)

thats all i can remember ..didn`t enjoy the day tbh
  • edited November 2009
    The Screaming Blue Messiahs at the original Marquee in Wardour Street. This would have been around 1985, and I only just got my hearing back last week. Well worth it though.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi all

For me it's MUSE at Wembley Stadium, 16 June 2007.

I just got my 2010 tix for the next installment :)
  • edited November 2009
    Maybe Prince on either his first or last night at the 02, was upgraded the first night so six rows from the stage. Saw the Boss at Roundhay Pk too in the 80s it was born in the USA tour and that was the best of the times ive seen him. For stadium i would say U2 vertigo tour in the Millenium in cardiff and small venue would be Ian Dury and the Blockheads what a waste tour in the swansea top rank mmmmmmm maybe Kasabian in the Parr Hall in Warrington mmmmm New Orders Joy Division set at the first manchester v cancer gig.........Jocelyn Brown in the Jazz Cafe in London this year dont know!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: ******BEST GIG EVER****** : Jammy booger! I make do with the bootlegs
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    do you know about this place mate?
    hungercity.org
    free to join, perfectly legal too.
    loads of EC and others to download
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: ******BEST GIG EVER****** : do you know about this place mate?
    Posted by booboo69
    Yes thanks :)

I'm an EC nut so I'm Mr Bootleg. I only want to collect all of them lol

• edited November 2009
    I'm like that with Dylan.
    When you get to the thousand mark it's almost impossible to justify it to the missus.

You'll more than likely know of this place too, great resource for all real music.

dimeadozen.org

• edited November 2009
    Indeed!

PS - you have PM!
  • edited November 2009
    Party on the Pier, Cleethorpes around summer 2001ish. 5 headlining and a certain Michelle Orpe in a group, think it was called "frenzz" or something similar. Well that's my worst gig ever

Best one, no competition at all: Bruce Springsteen 5th june 1985 St James Park Newcastle. 4 hours pure brilliance
  • edited November 2009
    The old Wembley was great for concerts. I saw Bon Jovi there in 93 (94? can't be sure). either way that was really good. Milton Keynes bowl is also another good place unless you get stuck right at the back then it's rubbish.
  • edited November 2009
    Only ever bin to one festival of music type thing ..Monsters of rock donnington park earlly to mid 80s Hawkwind Gilan The Quo Saxon (i think) thats all i can remember ..didn`t enjoy the day tbh
    Posted by skip_x
    Excellent gig this one.
    I have seen Hawkwind on Hasting Pier, Status Quo in Eastbourne, but my favorite gig was going to see Curved Air back in the 70's at Tunbridge Wells Assembly Halls. Fantastic group live.
  • edited November 2009
    unfortunently i wont be able too give my opinion on Muse since they have moved the Barca gif from next friday too the tuesday...... and so that the spanish national tennis team can practive for a third rate competition ie Davis Cup
  • edited November 2009

JOAN ARMATRADING [ A FEW DECADES AGO ] CREATED AN AWESOME ATMOSPHERE . DEAD KENNEDYS WERE MEMORABLE TOO !!!