You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The alternative quest

edited August 2012 in Area 51
  Ive seen the posts in the sensible parts of the forum about putting a deposit and getting to certain goal. My one is to deposit £50 and turn it into a loss of -£50 in two weeks . I hope to get the full backing of the forum regulars in this one . I will update you every day, please wish me all the luck in this challenge. lol.

Comments

• edited July 2012
     So have you thought out a strategy to lose your money.   I think Russian roulette or sitting out ..... lose connection is always a ............ well it wasn't my fault excuse.  Yep,  try going all in every hand.  Always a loser.?    Best of Luc- Oops
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: The alternative quest:
     So have you thought out a strategy to lose your money.   I think Russian roulette or sitting out ..... lose connection is always a ............ well it wasn't my fault excuse.  Yep,  try going all in every hand.  Always a loser.?    Best of Luc- Oops
    Posted by logdon
       Thanks for your support logdon . Went through the first day with out any problems really exept for the last game when my 24 off suit all in came up against AA only for the flop to come 228 , turn q , the poker gods came to my rescue when a ace hit the river. I thanked the guy in the chat box and wished him all the hard luck in the future. Another problem i had were the away player on my left who i could not get any reads on and also i could not go all in with rubbish against him [he doubled up] latest update

start £50        now£46.40
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: The alternative quest :    Thanks for your support logdon . Went through the first day with out any problems really exept for the last game when my 24 off suit all in came up against AA only for the flop to come 228 , turn q , the poker gods came to my rescue when a ace hit the river. I thanked the guy in the chat box and wished him all the hard luck in the future. Another problem i had were the away player on my left who i could not get any reads on and also i could not go all in with rubbish against him [he doubled up] latest update                                  start £50        now£46.40
    Posted by booboo5205
    Boob Boo  your not losing enough quickly enough, you wont reach your target at this rate you need Coaching  .......!

Try limping in,   then fold to the three bet ....... Oops ...... it's now the five bet.  Good Donk'in. ?
  • edited July 2012

Bad/good luck with this boo.....

Your advantages in this quest are

1) The rake in micro levels will help.
    2) The bigger BR players get looked after by the 'software' so when you reg for a MTT, you are already losing that money.
    3) I have seen you play and you should be able to finish this sooner than later.
    4) With the women's beach volleyball on, players will call blind and hit more miracles against you than at any other time.
    5) Your good beats that you post in the clinic will get the usual 25 odd players saying how you should of lost the pot.

• edited July 2012
     Thanks maxally and logdon for your support . Had a bit of a hiccup earlier when i called all in with 72 off only to called by a  freeroll reg with 23 off and i had the unhappy chore of getting rid of 4035 chips with 5 players left . The good thing about it was i know now my pc can cope with figures over 2000 because i have not seen that amount before .I do not think the players on table realised my mission because they typed in things like idiot , donk ##### etc .Any way i had to pull out all the stops and eventually lost it . latest update....

£50      now     -£43.60
  • edited July 2012
    If its sound advice you need then ........... buy a HD television.?    If you want to lose money quickly then give it to your Wife. !

Rubbish luck is usually followed by more Rubbish ..... Dust-carts at Dawn.?     

Bugs Annie xx
  • edited July 2012
               It were nice yesterday when a player who knew of my mission kindly looked me up on sharkscope and said i must be a fish . He said im a flounder because im on the very bottom of the graph . He said put it this way if this were a reading of a life support machine in hospital they would turn it off. But i took comfort in this knowing my quest were well on the way.One person said in chat box that i can not be a new start because i keep losing .Had a touch of bad run at first yesterday when i kept picking up AA.QQ.AQ, etc .But as any good poker player would do i bided my time and in the end it paid off.Had a close shave in one hand when i went all in with 23 off and were snap called with 22 but my hand held up because no 3 turned up.latest update.

£50     now    £39
  • edited July 2012
    keep plugging away boo am sure you will get there,gl with your challenge i will be watching
  • edited July 2012
    keep plugging away boo am sure you will get there,gl with your challenge i will be watching
    Posted by steelrod
      Thank you steelrod for your support ,I nearly came a cropper today when the 1st hand i got was AA but i knew when the flop came 572 i had to check because i knew he had a 57or 2 instead of putting a raise in i checked and were happy to see a 2 on turn , i pot raised him and he said all in and i were glad to call and he showed trip 2s with 8 kicker . Im trying my best at the moment but my luck can not hold out for ever ,its the best down swing ive ever had, new update

£50        now           -£34,20       
  • edited July 2012
    Your dribbling ..........   put a spurt on. ?  you need a shake up.!
  • edited July 2012
     Not a bad morning session lost 5 out of 5 . But i am going teetotal for the rest of the challenge as i nearly won a game with a skinfull in me .Pressed wrong button with KK but i were lucky that they all folded. But it gave me a idea for when i go back to my normal play ! On second thoughts tho it would cost me £35 in booze to enter a 60p dym . Latest update...

£50   now     £30
  • edited July 2012
     Not a bad morning session lost 5 out of 5 . But i am going teetotal for the rest of the challenge as i nearly won a game with a skinfull in me .Pressed wrong button with KK but i were lucky that they all folded. But it gave me a idea for when i go back to my normal play ! On second thoughts tho it would cost me £35 in booze to enter a 60p dym . Latest update...                                £50   now     -£30
    Posted by booboo5205
    So you have £20 left      £50   now   - £30  =   £20     ?  back to School.?
  • edited July 2012

interesting quest, and i wish you luck.
    HOWEVER, your name will shine out in area 51.
    limping into every hand, then calling the 3 bet and the 4 bet, with your 8 2/9 4 OFF
    and  you WILL hit, then you will become the biggest DONK/FISH in history.
    now i think THAT would be a better quest.
    can you imagine the outcry, if you actually MADE money?????
    so as opposed to losing money on your present quest, aim to become
    known as BIG DONK, BIG FISH it must be more fun,and think of the poor POKER players, ripping their hair out
    if your getting a bad feeling when your 9 2 off beats AA/KK then think of the overwhelming feeling of joy when
    you become MR DONK
    luck in whichever way you choose
  • edited July 2012
      Thanks bluereid all support is warmly welcome. Do not think this quest is easy,its the opposite of normal poker where you wait for AA , KK  etc you have to wait for premium hands like 72 ,42 and also you have to get the trust of the other players that you are not turning them over with AA ,KK etc . I have also been tipped off that certain people are out to wreck my quest by raising 500 and when i go all in with tripe they then fold.

£50    now[logdon]   £24.40
  • edited July 2012

i can see how the other players are folding to your all-in.
    they are untrusting of the seriousness of your quest,this can be overcome.
    each time they fold, show them your hand, this will increase their confidence,and trust in you, then they can make the call.

however you still may win the hand, this then would stand you in good stead to become  MR BIG FISH.
    and calling an " all-in " with your 8 5 off and hitting, taking out AA/KK then surely the title of DONK OF THE YEAR  awaits.

plese note, your quest will be easily achieved, i myself have turned £550 to -550, without anyone noticing.
    no aclaims, tributes were forthcoming
    i have achieved some notariety with my busting AA/KK/QQ/AK with the mighty 9 6 off, i think i should have made notes
    this then could have been MY QUEST
    hhhhhhmmmmmmm
  • edited August 2012
      Sorry to inform you all that i won a game today. The other 5 players all agreed in chat box to go all in on the first hand  and me with out thinking joined in . I struck bad luck in this one  when my 52 hit 2 pair to double up.

£50                   now                 £17.60
  • edited August 2012
       Sorry i have not updated for 2 days now but the pressure of this quest is taking its toll on me.Its got to be [hopefully]finished by next week when i go on holiday.Not really a hard couple of days because i were mostly in the company of newbies and team members and taking in what people write about them in area 51 i found it easy to lose with confidence. Had a few strange people writing in the chat box , one seemed to think i worked for the World Trade Federation because he kept putting in wtf? The other must have been witnessing something outside his window because he kept putting in UFO. I have also put in 4 play my hand requests and have not heard a thing.

£50            now            £12.40
  • edited August 2012
      Ground out some good results last few days .Ive been asked by penguin books to put pen to paper if i finish this quest on time. So that as made me even more determined. I were thinking of calling the book "how to become a losing poker player on purpose". A bit worried that the book do not turn out to be a film because i can not think of any actor who anything resembles me.

£50            now                £4.60
  • edited August 2012

Nearly there now mate....one final push and I am sure you can do it in no time at all.

Dont forget to blow your last 30p on a 30p DYM!
  • edited August 2012
       Hello all pleased to say my quest is now complete .Id like to thank everyone for their support. I were on my way out to celebrate my achievement but when i put my card in the hole in the wall it said i could not have money because i were £50 overdrawn. Thanks again for all the help and advice lol.

any donations please send to the revive the 30p dym fund.

£50         now       zilch
  • edited August 2012
       Hello all pleased to say my quest is now complete .Id like to thank everyone for their support. I were on my way out to celebrate my achievement but when i put my card in the hole in the wall it said i could not have money because i were £50 overdrawn. Thanks again for all the help and advice lol.                 any donations please send to the revive the 30p dym fund.                        £50         now       zilch
    Posted by booboo5205
    wd booboo knew you could do it lol, i look forward to your next quest.

good luck bad luck keep it up lol
  • edited August 2012
     Sorry have not been on for a few days, because of my £50 overdraft situation i have got to walk to work and its a 46 mile round trip ! That is why i have not responded to all my well wishers. Im away on hols for 2 weeks soon and will then think of a challenge and hope i can can come up with something even dafter than this one lol.  I have complete faith in my ability to think of another silly quest and if i get the backing as i did in this one i am sure i will sail through.Once again a big thank you to everyone who wished me good / bad luck.
  • edited August 2012
    LMAO BOOBOO this is the best challenge ive seen on this forum :) wd on meeting your errr minus target. I used to play the board game called Go for broke and was better at that than monopoly 'trying' to lose money takes skillz but losing when your trying to win is easy :)