You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check please

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Personally I would check behind on the turn. I don't think there's any worse hands that you can get three streets of value from. Take the pot control line and check behind and then call on the river or bet-fold £6 if checked to. Do you have any reads on the player that they might float you on this type of board?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    i was thinking bet turn and check behind on the river. Would a better line to be check behind turn where we still have a chance to house up pribably only worse hand calling us is a flush draw. I bet to charge the draw but is the chance of that slim enough that a check behind is safer here in the long run?

EDIT: Name removed, reads on villian has limp called alot and turned up with very marginal hands like 1gappers unsuited that sort of thing, havent seen them raise too much yet but believe at this point with the call on flop a jack is definatly possible kj aj maybe qj or 10j also obivously all the 1 pair hands that i beat to. I bet the river so get value from the 1 pair hands.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Barney61 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £5.03
    Rickyyyy Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.50
    Muhren Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

simon5 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £4.60
    xxx
    Raise   £0.60 £1.10 £20.03
    jams88 Raise   £2.20 £3.30 £20.94
    Barney61 Fold        
    Rickyyyy Fold        
    simon5 Fold        
    xxx
    Call   £1.60 £4.90 £18.43
    Flop

• J
    • J

xxx
    Check        
    jams88 Bet   £3.00 £7.90 £17.94
    xxx
    Call   £3.00 £10.90 £15.43
    Turn

xxx
    Check        
    jams88 Bet   £6.00 £16.90 £11.94
    xxx
    All-in   £15.43 £32.33 £0.00
    jams88 Fold        
    xxx
    Muck        
    xxx
    Win   £21.75   £21.75
    xxx
    Return   £9.43 £1.15 £31.18
  • edited July 2012
    why does oppo always have you beat here for you to fold, think you have to get em in

nit fold tbh

• edited July 2012
    i would probably seek out a timing tell here, most fishes one table and this can be quite helpful i.e if he tanks and then calls i would be concerned and would definitely check turn, as played vs a fish that does not show a lot of aggression i may just give him credit and fold this turn, besides we do have the best seat in the house so chances are if we are better we will get his money sooner or later.

I like a check on the turn regardless, theres not a lot we can get a great deal of value from.