You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check 2

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bolly580 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.82
henley77 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £26.20
  Your hole cards

fezdogg Fold        
25075424 Fold        
SUPERNOVA Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.10
jams88 Call   £0.60 £1.50 £18.17
bolly580 Call   £0.50 £2.00 £19.32
henley77 Call   £0.40 £2.40 £25.80
Flop

bolly580 Bet   £1.40 £3.80 £17.92
henley77 Fold        
SUPERNOVA Fold        
jams88 Raise   £3.40 £7.20 £14.77
bolly580 All-in   £17.92 £25.12 £0.00
jams88 All-in   £14.77 £39.89 £0.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    If you are calling with this hand pre then you have to like the flop. However I don't think you are strong enough to raise-call on the flop. It's pretty likely here that you are up against a bigger hand than yours or a bigger draw. A six, straight draw, flush draw, over pair and full house are all possibilities and you are only going to be happy to see an over-pair, and even then you are just about flipping.

When you raise what are you trying to fold out? When you flop a big draw like this you still need fold equity to make the maths work. I think that you hand looks so much like a draw after raising the donk lead that most players will set you in thinking that you will have a hand just like the one you have.

I'm not quite sure what the alternative is though. If you flat call and get there then you are going to find it difficult to get paid off against an over-pair/over cards, and sometimes you may get there and still have the second best hand. Tough spot.
  • edited July 2012
    looks ok, bolly probably flopped house or quads though lol
  • edited July 2012
    no reads? ...vs a range of 6x, or 7c9c hands then we have about 40% equity in the hand and a little over vs all flush combos that doesn't steal our straight outs, so the only hands we are crushed by are 8c7c, 66, 56 and 55. So vs this entire range(if there is plenty of sixes an f/d in his range) we are just getting the price to call villain shove after we raise the flop, so your flop a/i call at least is not bad, unless he is tight then you should be folding tbh.

My play . . . well since we have 0 FE vs any hand that's hit this board i think i prefer a call, we are getting a good price too, so if we miss turn and he bets we just need to look at the math again and vs a 6x hand is 2-1 so if he bets half pot on the turn we call, and any more we probably have to fold. 

FWIW if we called a 3-bet in a  h/u spot  you should be pretty happy ito get your money in all-day long.

p.s fold pre

• edited July 2012
    Villian is a Reg. we have played alot of hands over last couple of months he has seen me make this raise with a house and with air in similar spots before. I feel he would have check/called a house here so was thinking overpair or trips.