You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I play this terribly??

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
The two oppos had been plying very loose and I thought it was a good chance to pick up the dead money and against after seeing previous hands i knew if i called called there was a really good chance I was ahead, prolly shouldnt have made up the blind, did i make any other mistake??

Hand History #547536834 (13:26 30/07/2012)

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I was in this hand so I can post it for you.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesamboram45 Small blind  20.00 20.00 1540.00 dopeboy Big blind  40.00 60.00 1903.00  Your hole cards 10 J    AllInKev Fold     splashies Fold     Belana Call  40.00 100.00 4560.00 Gorgoroth Fold     samboram45 Call  20.00 120.00 1520.00 dopeboy Raise  120.00 240.00 1783.00 Belana Call  120.00 360.00 4440.00 samboram45 All-in  1520.00 1880.00 0.00 dopeboy Call  1400.00 3280.00 383.00 Belana Fold     samboram45 Show A 7    dopeboy Show K Q    Flop  K 8 8    Turn  K    River  A    dopeboy Win Full House, Kings and 8s 3280.00  3663.00
  • edited July 2012
    First off, yes these two were playing quite loose.

Fold or raise when it first gets to you is better than making up in the sb.

Shoving here was a bit reckless to say the least. No need to go to war with that kind of hand agaisnt these loose players.
  • edited July 2012
    Firstly you should have raised the sb instead of just calling, it looks strange to just call and then shove.
    Second if they've been playing loose means they are probably guna call you with a marginal hand (which they did) and your going to be flipping at best most of the time.
    Finally, if they've been playing loose wait till for a better spot where your sure you're ahead and then trap
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Did I play this terribly??:
    First off, yes these two were playing quite loose. Fold or raise when it first gets to you is better than making up in the sb. Shoving here was a bit reckless to say the least. No need to go to war with that kind of hand agaisnt these loose players.
    Posted by splashies
    cheers mate, it wouldn't post the hand properly for some reason. cheers for advice , looking bk i plyed it pretty bad, dunno why i limped the blind, i never ever do tht. never mind :)
  • edited July 2012
    Firstly you should have raised the sb instead of just calling, it looks strange to just call and then shove. Second if they've been playing loose means they are probably guna call you with a marginal hand (which they did) and your going to be flipping at best most of the time. Finally, if they've been playing loose wait till for a better spot where your sure you're ahead and then trap
    Posted by AM338
    cheers , yh i was waiting to trap thee guy tht called me cz knew hed pay me off. tought it was goood spot but looking bk, i messed up
  • edited July 2012

lol, just argued that making up in the small blind is fine then fold to the raise behind.

Then worked out we have A7 not TJ. 

Yea just fold pre flop.

Don't limp behind then jam like this coz you look really weak. 
  • edited July 2012
    lol, just argued that making up in the small blind is fine then fold to the raise behind. Then worked out we have A7 not TJ.  Yea just fold pre flop. Don't limp behind then jam like this coz you look really weak. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    but does he not want it too look weak ?  He got called by an even weaker hand and was favourite to double up ....

weird line.

But not the worst shove ever by any means.
  • edited July 2012
    If we know opponent has got KQ yea, but we don't and I'd guess KQ is towards the bottom of the big blinds range when he's raising 2 limpers and will be OOP post flop.

Most of the time when we get it in here we're gonna exit the tournament. 
  • edited July 2012
    If we know opponent has got KQ yea, but we don't and I'd guess KQ is towards the bottom of the big blinds range when he's raising 2 limpers and will be OOP post flop. Most of the time when we get it in here we're gonna exit the tournament. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Could't disagree more.    80 percent of the time we are going to get a fold for starters ...

hence the shove is fine
  • edited July 2012
    shove is horrible because of the make up from the sb

agree the limp/shove just looks weak from the sb, from UTG then maybe ok :S

just fold, find better spots or just raise from the sb - FWIW prefer a fold pre
  • edited July 2012
    Cheers for replies guys. I should never hav limped the blind, realised tht as soon as i done it. The two oppos had been playing really loose, especially the player tht called with kq. I wanted the dead money and because of hw they hadd been plying i figured if i did get called i might even be aheadd.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Did I play this terribly?? : Could't disagree more.    80 percent of the time we are going to get a fold for starters ... hence the shove is fine
    Posted by 1267
    I think he means, when we get it in and get called, which is true. Obviously this player is bad, but most people are not gonna call a 1500 shove into a 360 pot with KQo this deep, so when you get called here, you're generally in trouble.

Personally I think just fold pre. If as you say, they are loose, then why would you want to get a hand all in against a loose player who is more likely to call when you have a hand which fairs pretty badly against ATC. Not saying it's an underdog to ATC but it's not enough to warrant taking a very marginal race when we're so deep, especially if the players are bad and can be beaten in other ways.