You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter split pot head prize

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Just for clarification really, why does the other guy get the head prize here?  Is it done on stack size?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
hifi Small blind  150.00 150.00 14172.50
Gorgoroth Big blind  300.00 450.00 14762.50
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

flushchase Fold     
adod All-in  1770.00 2220.00 0.00
Slykllist Call  1770.00 3990.00 8623.50
hifi Call  1620.00 5610.00 12552.50
Gorgoroth Fold     
Flop

• A
  • K

hifi Bet  300.00 5910.00 12252.50
Slykllist Call  300.00 6210.00 8323.50
Turn

hifi Bet  300.00 6510.00 11952.50
Slykllist Call  300.00 6810.00 8023.50
River

hifi Check     
Slykllist Check     
hifi Show
  • K
  • J

adod Muck

Slykllist Show
  • K
  • Q

hifi Win Two Pairs, Kings and 5s 3405.00  15357.50
Slykllist Win Two Pairs, Kings and 5s 3405.00  11428.50

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Pretty sure it is because he has more chips than you, but not sure really why it happens that way
  • edited July 2012
    It is.  Largest stack  in this situation gets the head prize
  • edited July 2012

If the others know that for a fact, then ignore what I'm about to say.

In a split pot any odd chips go to the player closest to the button. Meaning the player in early position. If that's the reason for it here, then the bounty is a fairly big "spare chip".

• edited July 2012

In truth, I don't know, sorry, but I'll find out for you.

Hopefully, you'll as often be on the right side of that coin as the wrong side.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter split pot head prize:
    In truth, I don't know, sorry, but I'll find out for you. Hopefully, you'll as often be on the right side of that coin as the wrong side.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Left of the button?

I certainly know if a split pot situations if theres an odd amount that cant be devided equally live the go to the player who was OOP in the hand. 
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe the answer to this is so obvious that the question doesn't even need to be asked, and I'm just spoiling the joke by bringing it up. But if it's a split pot and a player has been eliminated from the tournement by two players who have the same hand, why then isn't the bounty split between the two players in the same way that the chips are split?

It wouldn't be complicated, surely? The bounty is a clearly specified amount at the time of the hand and can by split 50:50, as is the increase in head price. In a £22 bounty hunter £2 is rake £10 goes to the pool and £10 is the bounty. Each time you take out a player you win £7.50 and the other £2.50 goes on your head. If it's a split pot then each player wins £3.75 and gets £1.25 added to their head price. Simples!

Giving the bounty to the player with the largest stack or to the player closest to the button seems pretty abitrary. Why not the player whose username is first in the alphabet? Or whoever deposited most recently? Or whoever has been at the table the longest? Or signed up to the website most recently.

I can understand in a live event where bounty chips cannot be broken in half, that there has to be a consistant rulling. But the bounties can always be devided by two (or any number for that matter if it is a multi-way split pot). If someone posts an example (hypothetical or otherwise) where splitting a bounty would be unfair, please post.

For me this is just another reason I don't particularly enjoy bounty hunters.
  • edited July 2012
    Maybe the answer to this is so obvious that the question doesn't even need to be asked, and I'm just spoiling the joke by bringing it up. But if it's a split pot and a player has been eliminated from the tournement by two players who have the same hand, why then isn't the bounty split between the two players in the same way that the chips are split? It wouldn't be complicated, surely? The bounty is a clearly specified amount at the time of the hand and can by split 50:50, as is the increase in head price. In a £22 bounty hunter £2 is rake £10 goes to the pool and £10 is the bounty. Each time you take out a player you win £7.50 and the other £2.50 goes on your head. If it's a split pot then each player wins £3.75 and gets £1.25 added to their head price. Simples! Giving the bounty to the player with the largest stack or to the player closest to the button seems pretty abitrary. Why not the player whose username is first in the alphabet? Or whoever deposited most recently? Or whoever has been at the table the longest? Or signed up to the website most recently. I can understand in a live event where bounty chips cannot be broken in half, that there has to be a consistant rulling. But the bounties can always be devided by two (or any number for that matter if it is a multi-way split pot). If someone posts an example (hypothetical or otherwise) where splitting a bounty would be unfair, please post. For me this is just another reason I don't particularly enjoy bounty hunters.
    Posted by jugglegeek

If Player A has 10k & Player B has 8K of chips and they are both all-in, then the bounty cannot be split eaually, as player B does'nt have enough chips to cover Player A
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter split pot head prize : If Player A has 10k & Player B has 8K of chips and they are both all-in, then the bounty cannot be split eaually, as player B does'nt have enough chips to cover Player A
    Posted by POKERTREV
    For players A and B to be all in with 10K and 8K respectivley, then there would have to be a player C who had more than 10K of chips. If A and B beat player C with the same and the pot would be split between A and B but there would be no elimination and thus no bounty.

The times where this comes up are when a player is knocked out of the tournement by two players who each have more chips than they do. For example player A has 20K chips, player B has 10K chips and player C has 2K chips. They all get it in pre holding the following: A= KK, B=KK, C=JJ. The kings hold on a rainbow board. I don't fully understand why it is more fair to give the pot to player A simply because they had more chips than player B (if indeed this is even the case). Player B still has player C covered and still beat player C in the hand.
  • edited August 2012
    Gotta agree with jugglegeek and not sure where poker trev is coming from on this. In fact if the bounty is not split then then it should go to the lowest stack who took the player out and not the largest as they are risking a higher percentage of their stack.
  • edited August 2012
    Yea the guy with the most chips gets the bounty if he splits or beats you and the all in of course:)

If you beat them both then of course you get the bounty