You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Do I call the river reraise?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceRosie_47Small blind £0.25£0.25£76.23KKripplerBig blind £0.50£0.75£64.98 Your hole cardsQ9   basty2010Fold    britrockFold    XRaise £1.50£2.25£42.05PT78Call £1.50£3.75£52.88Rosie_47Fold    KKripplerCall £1.00£4.75£63.98Flop  886   KKripplerCheck    XBet £3.56£8.31£38.49PT78Fold    KKripplerCall £3.56£11.87£60.42Turn  3   KKripplerCheck    XBet £5.94£17.81£32.55KKripplerCall £5.94£23.75£54.48River  4   KKripplerBet £9.50£33.25£44.98XAll-in £32.55£65.80£0.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    i would sigh fold  a 8 aint raising here just calling cant see u beating much apart from a smaller flush i have to fold here hate life tho 
  • edited July 2012
    i call v randomer  (nl50 regs never bluff)
    your line makes no sense, so could just be a confused all in buy him/her to get you off a medium hand.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts?:
    i would sigh fold  a 8 aint raising here just calling cant see u beating much apart from a smaller flush i have to fold here hate life tho 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Dont do this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When you call the original raise, what do you really  want to see??

Oppo prob has 99, 10 10 or higher PP, AK . AQ , AJ which has all missed.

I`d defo call here. ( ps i`m a spew fish!! )
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts? : Dont do this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ When you call the original raise, what do you really  want to see?? Oppo prob has 99, 10 10 or higher PP, AK . AQ , AJ which has all missed. I`d defo call here. ( ps i`m a spew fish!! )
    Posted by davelufc

Imo mate if this is a 50nl reg we are up against they NEVER raise that river with any of the hands you stated.

V a unknown i sigh call and prob still lose but v a reg i think your beat almost 100% of the time mate
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts? : Imo mate if this is a 50nl reg we are up against they NEVER raise that river with any of the hands you stated. V a unknown i sigh call and prob still lose but v a reg i think your beat almost 100% of the time mate
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    50 Nl regs never bluff? I`m not getting involved in the hand if i dont want to see a flop/ turn/ river like this.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts? : 50 Nl regs never bluff? I`m not getting involved in the hand if i dont want to see a flop/ turn/ river like this.
    Posted by davelufc

Well perhaps NEVER is a bit over the top but in that situation i would say very very rarely mate
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Thoughts? : Well perhaps NEVER is a bit over the top but in that situation i would say very very rarely mate
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    i would say never   lol
  • edited July 2012
    I know that NL50 regs are nits, so I folding here all the time versus reg.

The oppo was unknown.

I said to myself at the time that I would bet/fold/.

Bet/fold  bet/fold  bet/fold. 

Yet I still called. Oppo had A,7 of hearts for the win.
  • edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    Flating pre in a multiway pot here is fine imo especially when your closing action and on BB,

From the little i've played at 50nl its fair to say that you can get value from the fish/bad regs playing hands like A8, K8, Q8, 89, 78 and 8x suited gappers on the turn and river but against an unknown why are you leading out on the river?? We make life difficult for ourselves here leading out on river... check call the river instead of bloating the pot with a bet/call.

Also donking flop puts us in a much easier spot on later streets imo.

• edited August 2012

c/c, c/c lead?

I'd stay with c/c line myself, with a view to c/r. 

Made ourselves an ugly spot by opening river.  Huge self level this way,unless reads tell us oppo likely does this weak and we can snap.

• edited August 2012
    it can have its merits if we have a read but literally we fold out everything we beat by leading river... whereas if we c/c we can get vilain to bet worse hands like overpairs, pretty 8x, pure bluffs. And our line is consistent,
  • edited August 2012
    I know that NL50 regs are nits, so I folding here all the time versus reg. The oppo was unknown. I said to myself at the time that I would bet/fold/. Bet/fold  bet/fold  bet/fold.  Yet I still called. Oppo had A,7 of hearts for the win.
    Posted by KKrippler
    struggle to b/f aye - I relate )

yukky spot
  • edited August 2012
    fold pre b/f turn