You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Community Rules - new addition

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone

As we've said before on the community, we really want Sky Poker to be a friendly place for people to enjoy poker (both at the tables and on the community). We have a great community at Sky Poker, and we want to keep it that way.

So, with this in mind, we have decided to add a new forum rule from today...

If you are chat banned on the table, you'll also be blocked from posting on the community and vice versa - i.e. 'banned from one, banned from both'.

Thankfully such bans are a fairly rare occurance but if people do receive them, its for a good reason. We dont want people to continue to spoil your fun playing poker or discourage taking part in the community - this new rule will help.

Remember, we always take this matter seriously and do monitor for it. However, we do appreciate support from the community on this. So if you do ever spot anything please do let us know by either pressing the 'report abuse' button on the community or by contacting customer care if you spot anything inappropriate at the tables.

Thanks
Sky Poker Team

Comments

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Community Rules - new addition:
    Hi everyone As we've said before on the community, we really want Sky Poker to be a friendly place for people to enjoy poker (both at the tables and on the community). We have a great community at Sky Poker, and we want to keep it that way. So, with this in mind, we have decided to add a new forum rule from today... If you are chat banned on the table, you'll also be blocked from posting on the community and vice versa - i.e. 'banned from one, banned from both'. Thankfully such bans are a fairly rare occurance but if people do receive them, its for a good reason. We dont want people to continue to spoil your fun playing poker or discourage taking part in the community - this new rule will help. Remember, we always take this matter seriously and do monitor for it. However, we do appreciate support from the community on this. So if you do ever spot anything please do let us know by either pressing the 'report abuse' button on the community or by contacting customer care if you spot anything inappropriate at the tables. Thanks Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Not sure I like this as an automatic rule. There can easily be cases where someone has a one off blow up in the chat box while normally being well behaved and a contributor to the forums. There should be some disgression and common sense applied to each individual case.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Community Rules - new addition:
    In Response to Community Rules - new addition : Not sure I like this as an automatic rule. There can easily be cases where someone has a one off blow up in the chat box while normally being well behaved and a contributor to the forums. There should be some disgression and common sense applied to each individual case.
    Posted by Giant811
    Hi Giant811 - absolutely we do apply common sense and discretion people would very rarely be banned for a one-off 'slip'.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited December 2013
    you ban discrimination for sex, race, etc but you omit discrimination against the disabled. some language  in chat boxes implies it .
  • edited December 2013
    you ban discrimination for sex, race, etc but you omit discrimination against the disabled. some language  in chat boxes implies it .
    Posted by tiercel
    That goes without saying, any such comments, especially as to mental disabilities, would be equally frowned upon. 

Stuff like reta*d" & "retar*ed" as an example. That is a dreadful word to use in the context of poker & a disgrace that folk use it so lightly.

Some tolerance to those that have or do suffer, or who have family with such problems, would not cost anything, & only requires a modicum of thought & effort to avoid.

• edited January 2014
    I believe this is a great rule in all fairness also an introduction to the skypoker software with he possible inclusion of an option that bans a particular person for abusing you further for example if you have been abused by a member an option to block that player from your chat would be an excellent feature, and wouldn't spoil the entertainment for the person involved and would deter the abuse to continue if it is missed by sky.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Rules - new addition : Hi Giant811 - absolutely we do apply common sense and discretion people would very rarely be banned for a one-off 'slip'. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I thought I was a one-off Slip.

Haylez - that player on our table last night could be doing with one of these being slapped on him ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Community Rules - new addition : I thought I was a one-off Slip. Haylez - that player on our table last night could be doing with one of these being slapped on him ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    I couldn't agree more I thought his comments were disgraceful and very poor at best. Didn't do him or sky any favourwe're there were any new players at the table wouldn't of looked great.
  • edited June 2015
    Is this Thread out of date now ?
    Its linked from the sticky at the top of this page.

Sky Poker Community Guidelines - Updated 24/10/14 - Please Read.

• edited June 2015

Hi mumsie,

Yes, you are probably correct.

I'm going to "unsticky" it, & then it should quietly drop off the page, never again to be seen.

I must add, I very much dislike the idea of "stickied threads". It does not make more people view them - in fact, in many cases, the very opposite.  

Good threads don't NEED to be stickied. By stickying a thread, all we are doing is defying supply & demand - if the thread were interesting enough, it would not need a sticky. I have my own forum elsewhere, & I rarely permit stickied threads, they strangle forums.  

• edited June 2015
    Hi mumsie, Yes, you are probably correct. I'm going to "unsticky" it, & then it should quietly drop off the page, never again to be seen. I must add, I very much dislike the idea of "stickied threads". It does not make more people view them - in fact, in many cases, the very opposite.   Good threads don't NEED to be stickied. By stickying a thread, all we are doing is defying supply & demand - if the thread were interesting enough, it would not need a sticky. I have my own forum elsewhere, & I rarely permit stickied threads, they strangle forums.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Watch some petty child post on here everyday now to bump it ;)

Hope Vegas is enjoyable. Following with interest next door.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: Community Rules - new addition : Watch some petty child post on here everyday now to bump it ;) Hope Vegas is enjoyable. Following with interest next door.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I would not mind that one bit - it simply proves my point. "Stickying" threads is like defying gravity. It does not work, & it generally ends badly. Anyone who has any experience of managing forums will tell you the exact same thing.

We need the rules to be displayed? Yes, of course. Create a Rules Board then. It can be locked if need be. It sits there, always, like T & C's on a Promotion. It's really very simple.

Vegas is going wonderfully, thank you. Send more money urgently.