You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what would you the community do next?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I've put this hand in to gauge your opinions on what i should have done next. My mtt's for the last... (so long cant remeber my last ft)have been auful.
Call it running bad / playing bad / making too many wrong choices / unlucky, call it what ever but id like some opinions on this one as to me maybe making the wrong choices at the wrong time.
Its a £5.50 mtt about 25 players left and im getting short, is it a straight foward shove or do you check and see a flop ?
I will post what happened later

Thanks Paul
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  100.00 100.00 12407.09
Jimbobadob Big blind  200.00 300.00 2330.00
  Your hole cards

Fold     
Call  200.00 500.00 10051.25
Fold     
Call  200.00 700.00 2780.00
Call  100.00 800.00 12307.09

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Raise to 750-850 ish and shove flop.
  • edited July 2012
    all your chips across the line
  • edited July 2012
    Stack size tells u to shove
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    I know a shove is the obvious option and a raise is pointless with my stack size but is there any good points in just seeing a flop. Considering there is 2 big stacks in the pot and the way im running im always getting a call from an Ax Kx qj qt ect ect and it almost always end in dissapointment.
  • edited July 2012
    To be honest I don't want to be in a 4 way a pot with 99 to a table of limpers. If we see the flop, and it comes down 10, J, Q, K or even A High, we will have no option but to fold to any bet. Punish the table for limping. If the table limps then shoving with 99 in this spot is my prefered option.

If someone has slow played a massive hand here it would be just very unlucky and very poor play by them imo, but seriously, I can't see anyone flatting with QQ, KK or AA. so I would just get them in.

Best of Luck
    Pokertrev.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: what would you the community do next?:
    I know a shove is the obvious option and a raise is pointless with my stack size but is there any good points in just seeing a flop. Considering there is 2 big stacks in the pot and the way im running im always getting a call from an Ax Kx qj qt ect ect and it almost always end in dissapointment.
    Posted by Jimbobadob
    We can't play optimal poker with this on our mind. Forget about how many times you have been outdrawn in this position in the past and just continue to keep making the right play and it will turn good.

We are never going to win or cash in every MTT, but if we keep making the right play and getting them in good, eventually we will bink a biggie and this will always be there as a reminder that in the long run we are making the right decisions. 
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks for your replies.

I did shove and it folded round to the sb who called and turned over pockets Tens and the rest is history (well, i was anyway).
    I think because ive havent been running to well im my mtt's for ages i was looking for different angles other then get it in good and say goodnight.

Cheers
    Paul