You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what a guy im frustrated arghhhhhhhhhhh

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
GREGHOGGSmall blind 30.0030.001782.50Woogie8688Big blind 60.0090.007352.50 Your hole cardsAQ   letticekFold    sieminsk09All-in 2185.002275.000.00IDONKCALLUAll-in 4840.007115.000.00GREGHOGGFold    Woogie8688Fold    IDONKCALLUUnmatched bet 2655.004460.002655.00sieminsk09Show7K   IDONKCALLUShowAQ   Flop  279   Turn  9   River  3   sieminsk09WinTwo Pairs, 9s and 7s4460.00 4460.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    ooops meant to beat for beats n variance
  • edited August 2012
    I think your raise is too big Pre-Flop :):):):):):):)
  • edited August 2012
    Not being funny, but why are you calling a massive open shove of 36BB with AQs when you're really deep and don't need to take a race when you'll probably be 60% favourite at best.

Unless of course you have alot of reads to say he is a complete mule.
  • edited August 2012
    i have alot of reads lambert the guy was doing this every other hand and showing junk 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: what a guy im frustrated arghhhhhhhhhhh:
    i have alot of reads lambert the guy was doing this every other hand and showing junk 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    understand your reasoning.but...... you are trying to win a tourney and not a heads up with a nutter
  • edited August 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yeah but my point is, it's a massive shove which you just shouldn't call.

Let's say he's a complete maniac and you know for a fact he hs 5To, you're still not a very big favourite. If he's a really bad player then it'll be easy to get chips off him without giving him a 40%+ chance of doubling up through you.
  • edited August 2012
    I'd be happy to get it all in this day and every day against this type of player. Statistically we are making money in the long run - but expect some bad beats on the way.

I know - I'm a fish at times
  • edited August 2012
    with the reads IDCU is saying he has the call is fine. 
    why wait and wait when you're likely to have 60% equity in a poorly structured tourney
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: what a guy im frustrated arghhhhhhhhhhh : Yeah but my point is, it's a massive shove which you just shouldn't call. Let's say he's a complete maniac and you know for a fact he hs 5To, you're still not a very big favourite. If he's a really bad player then it'll be easy to get chips off him without giving him a 40%+ chance of doubling up through you.
    Posted by Lambert180
    How are you going to get the chips off him? Do you just fold AA cos u are only 80% and can easily get chips off him? If he's shoving wide call all day
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: what a guy im frustrated arghhhhhhhhhhh : How are you going to get the chips off him? Do you just fold AA cos u are only 80% and can easily get chips off him? If he's shoving wide call all day
    Posted by grantorino
    Well I assume he isn't just open shoving 100% of hands, so there should be plenty of time to outplay him. If he is just open shoving every hand, then yeah ok maybe you need to take a stand with a hand that stands to be ahead.
  • edited August 2012
    you can't fold 60% equity and then just decide to outplay him. it's not that easy - major fish or not. idcu said he's shoving a lot of hands so this is a perfect spot. Folding in this spot would be awful imo.

• edited August 2012
    I'd be happy to get it all in this day and every day against this type of player. Statistically we are making money in the long run - but expect some bad beats on the way. I know - I'm a fish at times
    Posted by GELDY
    true to my word - had an overpair to the board playing live on Sat night - bet all three streets with the board pairing 7s to find out he had called my original raise with K7. Sigh.
  • edited August 2012
    you can't fold 60% equity and then just decide to outplay him. it's not that easy - major fish or not. idcu said he's shoving a lot of hands so this is a perfect spot. Folding in this spot would be awful imo.
    Posted by percival09
    + 1 million
  • edited August 2012
    If its not for your tournament life then I think its an OK call. If hes open shoving like that theres hardly any real scope to "outplay" them across the streets. If youre happy making the call knowing that youll be 60% at best then go for it. If youre making the call against a nutter "HOPING" he has Ax (x<Q) or Qy (y<A) then its prob not great. Me personally Id want a PP to go to war with them if theyre that loose - then again Im in the PP>Big A camp 
  • edited August 2012
    this guy was all in like 7 times in the last 10 hands and the hands he was showing were junk lol