You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I call?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Playing in a pub game last night - down to last 3 - prizes £70 - £40 - £20 (whilst not hugh sums, is fairly decent for a £2 MTT players like me!).

140k chips in play. I have 75k, LHO 25k other 40k.

blinds 4/8K.

LHO shoves - playing like complete loon until blinds hit 1k - not played a hand since

other calls - playing tight & passive - (hand before had A10S 3 handed & only made up SB & checked all the way to showdown).

I pick up AKo.

Should i pass & probably ladder or do I go for it ?

Problem being I'm creating a hugh pot & whoever wins it becomes favorite instead?

PS. I didnt win the pot ,but not being results orientated I'm not sure that counts for much.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Call all day! btw what did they have?

Im shorty triples up then the other guy is gunna be pretty short , if middle stack doubles then youve made top 2 and only become a 2/1 chip underdog

Got for the win all day with AK 3 way never fold!
  • edited August 2012

No brainer. Shove.

• edited August 2012
    This is more of a brag than a PHA thread.

We have 9 big blinds and the deepest of the other two stacks has 5 big blinds. KING AND ACE. YAY.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I call?:
    This is more of a brag than a PHA thread. We have 9 big blinds and the deepest of the other two stacks has 5 big blinds. KING AND ACE. YAY.
    Posted by beaneh
    brag? I LOST!

in a 3 way pot is AK going to be +50% I doubt it. Hence the question.

As it happens I was in a good spot pre as 1 oppo was dominated (A6) the other J10S. I still lost to the 6 tho.
  • edited August 2012
    100% shove. Worst case you lose to 2nd stack and end up on 35k chips. Fair chance that you lose and end up HU against the 2nd stack who will have 105k vs your 35k. Nothing a couple of shoves won't sort out and at those blind levels HU ave stack is gonna be just over 9BB so there isn't gonna be that much scope for play anyway. As a rule tho, I'd play a tournie to win, not to ladder. Crashed out of a live tournie last night shoving A10 onto an UTG raise from the big stack in the final four. He had AQ.. C'est la vie!
  • edited August 2012
    AK, 9 bbs.  Says it all bud.

UL.