You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 plo could i raise the river for value or am i only getting called by better?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
IDONKCALLUSmall blind £0.25£0.25£77.11BobageBig blind £0.50£0.75£76.63 Your hole cards9JJ7   cemalp17Call £0.50£1.25£178.35IDONKCALLUCall £0.25£1.50£76.86BobageCheck    Flop  10JA   IDONKCALLUCheck    BobageCheck    cemalp17Bet £1.13£2.63£177.22IDONKCALLUCall £1.13£3.76£75.73BobageCall £1.13£4.89£75.50Turn  10   IDONKCALLUCheck    BobageCheck    cemalp17Bet £3.67£8.56£173.55IDONKCALLUCall £3.67£12.23£72.06BobageFold    River  9   IDONKCALLUCheck    cemalp17Bet £9.00£21.23£164.55IDONKCALLUCall £9.00£30.23£63.06cemalp17Show410J3   IDONKCALLUShow9JJ7   IDONKCALLUWinFull House, Jacks and 10s£29.33 £92.39

Comments

• edited August 2012
    hi steve hope ur well

are you only getting called by better?

depends on the opponent you should really be only getting called by better , looking at what got there some straights got there on the river (albeit on a paired board)

unless you have specific reads a call is fine 
  • edited August 2012
    I don't know, are you only ever raising the river with the nuts? is that a good strategy.. 

But here as you can't beat either flopped set I think a call is fine
  • edited August 2012
    definately raising
  • edited August 2012
    I agree im certainly raising there also

Only losing to AA 10 10 and he could have easily boated up river there with 99 eg and youll get called most the time if you raised sein as you played it so passivly
  • edited August 2012
       I personally think your line in this hand is terrible. You make decisions for the wrong reasons as far as i can see.

If we go through it street by street.

Preflop: Dont mind the limp here because you are not in a great position.

Flop: This is where i start to hate your line because of what appears to be your thinking. I personally like the check call with middle set on that wet a board. But why did you call it. Was it only to hit the case J.

Turn: This is the perfect card for you housing you up so you are perfectly set up for the check raise or even leading out.

River: a beautiful blank so yet again the same options as on the turn.

The level of paranoia you showed on the turn and river is over the top. You can not play these 2 streets that scared after calling the flop. If you are going to be that scared on these streets after hitting the dream cards then i suggest folding the flop would be a better option for you. All you did was check called all the way hoping that you were good.

In answer to your question, No you should not be raising for value on the river but should have been doing it on the turn and being prepared to get it all in on that street. If you are  up against TT or AA then you are unlucky and nothing can be done about it. River value is a flawed concept in omaha because it rarely exists in a drawing game.
  • edited August 2012
    i am always calling the flop talon i have a set i could house up i could hit quads they guy could already have a made st8 or a flush draw but have alot of outs
  • edited August 2012
     Yes but to call the flop and then house up and take up a passive line after is what makes no sense to me. You hit the card you wanted why did you then choose to leave behind value for making the call. I am calling the flop there as wwell but becoming more active afterwards not staying passive
  • edited August 2012
    yeah i know i played it to passive :/