You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl50 mastercash hand

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
villain is poor semi reg player who can be quite spewy.  during this session he was playing tighter than i can remember seeing him before and hadnt done too much out of line.  i have squeezed him a few times with position but mostly he has just folded and there has been no big clashes.  in previous history with him he tends to make bad calls and get over committed to hands.  his bet sizing is pretty much always the pot button which makes him super fun

both of us are sat deep when this hand happens
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
chop_stick Sit out     
xxxxxSmall blind  £0.25 £0.25 £112.28
huuuuume Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £116.46
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

budgie0125 Raise  £1.00 £1.75 £66.31
eagle05 Fold     
gerrard9 Fold     
xxxxx Raise  £2.75 £4.50 £109.53
huuuuume Raise  £7.50 £12.00 £108.96
budgie0125 Fold     
xxxxxCall  £5.00 £17.00 £104.53
Flop

• J
  • Q

xxxxxCheck     
huuuuume Bet  £10.00 £27.00 £98.96
xxxxx Raise  £47.00 £74.00 £57.53
facing a reraise on the flop the obvious worry is AK.

all in or fold?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Never ever folding.
  • edited August 2012
    Think you posted the wrong hand. 

We have top set in a 4bet pot.

TOPPPPEST SET 

:D

It doesn't have to be ai or fold either.
  • edited August 2012
    Can i know who oppo is?

I cant fold for loads of reasons, and im never calling.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: nl50 mastercash hand:
    Can i know who oppo is?
    resulsted orientated imo.

As played flat flop and let villain bruff turn with air/trash/one-two pairs/flush draws (obv calling any card). IF we bet/ship prob don't get the remaining value from his air range and pretty hands that he can't lay down like AJs no FD. That is if he is a fish/regfish as you state.

Also bet more on flop.
  • edited August 2012
    gotta b set over set :S

never fold i guess
  • edited August 2012
    Is top set not enough for you? 
  • edited August 2012

Also bet more on flop.
    Posted by TPTP123
    really? 3 bet  & 4 bet were each 2.7x the prev bet which I thought was fairly standard.

can't fold top set just because 1 hand is beating us. Well I can't anyway.
  • edited August 2012
    think i prefer flat his raise and let him jam turn

• edited August 2012
    Both the call button and the jam button have their benefits here.  I like calling to keep in bluffs/let him over value the lower end of his value hands/make you look a little drawy but I also like getting all the money in against someone who over commits to hands and I guess over values hands before a scare card kills my action.  Either is fine IMO with the reads we are given.  If I call I am never folding though and fully intend to have all of my numbers out of my seat counter and into the pot counter on the turn.

Folding would make me snap vomit.

If he has AK and we don't fill up then NH WP Sir
  • edited August 2012
    Don't see point in playing poker if your folding here, come on honestly ffs, would you post this if he had a lower set? Move this to bbv
  • edited August 2012
    well? so i gues you lost to 89 offsuit? wouldnt be postin othersie, propz a fold imo top set never good here is it really, UL go on to next hand maybe you can flop the actual nuts next hand and call a bet 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: nl50 mastercash hand : resulsted orientated imo. As played flat flop and let villain bruff turn with air/trash/one-two pairs/flush draws (obv calling any card). IF we bet/ship prob don't get the remaining value from his air range and pretty hands that he can't lay down like AJs no FD. That is if he is a fish/regfish as you state. Also bet more on flop.
    Posted by TPTP123
    worst advice ever? villan obv not bluffin, if we dont havs et over set we have re draw
  • edited August 2012
    He's put half his stack in.....i would think he's calling any bet now so i'd just shove.

If he has it then good luck to him, but i think he doesn't have it enough of the time/we have good enough odds to improve over the long run to make a shove profitable.
  • edited August 2012
    top set in a 4b pot? pretty standard stackoff and even more so with your reads imo
  • edited August 2012
    better move this one to bbv

i shoved the flop and he had AK and we didnt improve.  just thought i'd question losing 200+ bigs against such a narrow range but obv its pretty standard here :(
  • edited August 2012
    better move this one to bbv i shoved the flop and he had AK and we didnt improve.  just thought i'd question losing 200+ bigs against such a narrow range but obv its pretty standard here :(
    Posted by huuuuume
    yes, you are at worst 30%, this is never a fold,..ever.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: nl50 mastercash hand : really? 3 bet  & 4 bet were each 2.7x the prev bet which I thought was fairly standard.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeh but opening raise was a minraise, so effectively the 4bet pot can play out more like a 3bet pot. If original raise had been 4x or 3x we're looking at like 20-31 instead of 17. And the bigger the pot, the less monies you have behind the easier the reraised hand is to play which is why i would suggest betting more than 10 into 17.

In Response to Re: nl50 mastercash hand : worst advice ever? villan obv not bluffin, if we dont havs et over set we have re draw
    Posted by bolly580
    Okay.. I really shouldn't post here in future. But you know what i'm gonna, just sharing the love man, sharing is caring... I care.

From the OP perspective; 1. Villain is poor, 2. Spewy, 3. Hero has sqoozen him a couple of times, 4. villain has been playing tighter (okay.. ) 5. Villain makes bad calls 6. he gets over commited 7. he mashes pot.

IMO villain can bluff say 10% (or more) of the time based on what I read. Maybe i over-anaylsed the initial profile of the player and got greedy like a hungry hippo tyring to gobble up the air element of villains range. Hume nothing you can do in this sceanrio well played for getting it all in.

• edited August 2012
    When u cold 4b pre then flop top set getting your money in is a good idea. You can flat,but doubt he bluffs enough to make it better than shoving