You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK fold pre think it was right!

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #549083852 (19:08 03/08/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceleeroyGSmall blind £0.15£0.15£47.61kidwiz10Big blind £0.30£0.45£69.36HawkySit out     Your hole cardsKK   XXXXXRaise £0.90£1.35£112.24jayne155Fold    jd44Fold    leeroyGCall £0.75£2.10£46.86kidwiz10Raise £3.00£5.10£66.36XXXXXRaise £13.20£18.30£99.04leeroyGFold    kidwiz10Fold    XXXXXMuck    XXXXXWin £7.50 £106.54XXXXXReturn £10.80£0.00£117.34

Okay me folding this is gunna look bad but ive played with this player enough to no he isnt doin this as a bluff eg

Hes extremely tight and he always has it when he makes this move ive noticed.

His 3bet is rather big and i cant see him making this move with AK or JJ

Which leaves me with QQ AA ?

Reason i folded im extremely deep and i cant call then fold to a low flop and i dont think i can 4 bet fold either

Input be good

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Terrible 4 bet size by oppo.

There is one or two guys I can make this fold to at these limits.

Def One guy i can fold this hand to, prob no one else. So no I dont think its right to fold pre.
  • edited August 2012
    I don't think you can fold KK pre 200BB deep unless you have some serious serious reads that he's a super duper nit.
  • edited August 2012
    get em in just for reads on oppo sizing ) like what does that mean :S

basically to fold here you gotta be sure oppo only 4 bets like this with AA :S
  • edited August 2012
    Okay say i call his raise flop comes 9 hi then what do i do?

I already planned ahead of what i thought and goin broke 200 BBs deep im not to keen on at all

And yes he is extremely tight and every time ive seen him get his money in its always with the goods never sene him get outa line eg

And im actually really loose play alot of hands so this might be a reason for his bet 4 bein so big thinking id call and ino he aint doin this with nothing less than QQ fact!
  • edited August 2012
    if there is a 7 and a 3 in his alias than yes fold.

Cause we are 200bbs deep vs a reg at these levels, with regs never 4 betting weak, and with that reraise oppo nearly always has a value hand, and considering they seem happy to get it all in, i suppose its not unreasonable to put them on AA/KK.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: KK fold pre think it was right!:
    Okay say i call his raise flop comes 9 hi then what do i do? I already planned ahead of what i thought and goin broke 200 BBs deep im not to keen on at all And yes he is extremely tight and every time ive seen him get his money in its always with the goods never sene him get outa line eg And im actually really loose play alot of hands so this might be a reason for his bet 4 bein so big thinking id call and ino he aint doin this with nothing less than QQ fact!
    Posted by kidwiz10

Only you know just how tight he is mate and to be honest if he is as tight as you are saying there is no shame folding here because it is only 1 hand and there will be plenty more chances when you feel alot more positive about your chances.

How many players in your position here and thinking the same way still go ahead with the hand only to kick themselves once he flips over the AA ?

At least you have the discipline to be able to trust your instincts and follow them through when alot wouldnt.

Imo if you feel strongly enough about this player to make this fold here you would be right more times than your wrong and that makes it a good enough reason to fold i think.
  • edited August 2012
    if there is a 7 and a 3 in his alias than yes fold. Cause we are 200bbs deep vs a reg at these levels, with regs never 4 betting weak, and with that reraise oppo nearly always has a value hand, and considering they seem happy to get it all in, i suppose its not unreasonable to put them on AA/KK.
    Posted by KKrippler

And it begins with the letter V mate lol ( i fold before they are even dealt :) )
  • edited August 2012
    Yea agree Krippler most regs aint ever bluffing here against me (I call to much for me own liking!) ,

Yea spot on arazi so many time you see "I new he had that but couldnt fold" all the time and yea it is only one hand.

My main point bein i cant raise fold and i cant check fold once flops came its just not good at all n im most certainly not getting it in pre with the tightest of players who only 4 bets here with the goods!

Had a few ppl calling me a joker eg saying he does the same thing with "10 10" but not a chance was he

Gunna try see if i can get the hand shown on one of the live shows
  • edited August 2012
    You clearly don't have enough history or reads with villain to justify your play

Most profitable move is to get it in imo

• edited August 2012
    I might not have much history with him but ive seen plenty of showdowns with him where hes always had it and i dont agree getting 200BBs all in against a reg who aint making a move is profitable

Rule out 10 10 JJ he isnt doin that

He is extremly tight so i cant see it bein anything else but KK AA in all honest.

I wouldnt have folded it against any other player on the table but him actually feels like 5 way when he plays he folds that much

Hope they show it tonight to make me feel better:)

• edited August 2012
    probably fine. whats your plan if he 4bets to like £9?
  • edited August 2012
    Was it a TV table mate ?

If not they wont be able to show it.
  • edited August 2012
    bet oppo is loving reading this, gonna be 4 betting like this for ez money in future if people are laying down KK to him )
  • edited August 2012
    The oppo will read this n think how did the craziest loose player lay down KK to me pre think hell be gutted actually :)

He doesnt play a hand or 4 bet unless it is that very hand!

But if he did start doin it then fair enough ill mix it up with him more
  • edited August 2012
    If he goes £9 id dwell for a moment as the alarms would be goin off with it bein him doin the 4 betting

I guess its gott 5 bet to £16 if he 6 bets or jams which is most likely then i can fold

Agh dont think it was a tv table arazi to bad:(
  • edited August 2012
    If he goes £9, then you making it £16 would be pretty terrible sizing IMO.
  • edited August 2012
    If he's decent and well aware of his opposition then he can open his range and use that to his advantage. If he sees you as a loose goose and thinks you are trying to take the pot down without a flop, then that may also means he open's his range up. I dont ever fold KK but im more tourny based than cash but my dont fold KK logic pre-flop applies to pretty much all forms of poker!
  • edited August 2012
    If his range is KK+ fold. If its wider don't fold. Whether you should call or shove depends on his 4b range and range he calls a shove with

If he makes it 9 5b/f with KK would be pretty bad imo. 
  • edited August 2012
    Always has had a hand everytime its down to showdown eg never once seen him bluff and folds a hell of a lot

Yea but is 5 bet folding actually bad? he isnt gunna 6bet or shove anything less that KK when wer both relativly deep so im gunna be crushed and getting stacks in against the tightest of players that deep i think is very bad play all together
  • edited August 2012
    Always has had a hand everytime its down to showdown eg never once seen him bluff and folds a hell of a lot Yea but is 5 bet folding actually bad? he isnt gunna 6bet or shove anything less that KK when wer both relativly deep so im gunna be crushed and getting stacks in against the tightest of players that deep i think is very bad play all together
    Posted by kidwiz10
    But you have KK!!  If you're going to 5bet fold do it with 72.  It's better for the ego.
  • edited August 2012
    always calling with kk
  • edited August 2012
    This guy is super tight doesnt make playes  , playes ABC

5 betting with 72 against this guy is not very good at all

At least if i 5 bet with KK then fold to a 6 bet/shove atleast ino where i stand with my hand as long as it dusnt make to much of a damaging blow to my stack or has me commited eg
  • edited August 2012
    This guy is super tight doesnt make playes  , playes ABC 5 betting with 72 against this guy is not very good at all At least if i 5 bet with KK then fold to a 6 bet/shove atleast ino where i stand with my hand as long as it dusnt make to much of a damaging blow to my stack or has me commited eg
    Posted by kidwiz10
    5bet folding 72  5bet folding KK 
  • edited August 2012
    think you should flat the 4b with entire range and not 5bet with anything tbh
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to re:
    think you should flat the 4b with entire range and not 5bet with anything tbh
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    mmmmmmmmmm explain plz. incl aa?
  • edited August 2012
    If he goes £9 id dwell for a moment as the alarms would be goin off with it bein him doin the 4 betting I guess its gott 5 bet to £16 if he 6 bets or jams which is most likely then i can fold Agh dont think it was a tv table arazi to bad:(
    Posted by kidwiz10

NEVER EVER EVER EVER DO THIS!

• edited August 2012
    Flat it, if you put him on AA and he's as tight as you reckon and you can shove any flop with any  J Q or K, put his balls to the test.